MAC Chromagraphic Pencil NC15/NW20

4.6

INGREDIENTS: HYDROGENATED COCO-GLYCERIDES [] TRIETHYLHEXANOIN [] BEESWAX\CERA ALBA\CIRE D’ABEILLE [] RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL [] DIPENTAERYTHRITYL HEXAHYDROXYSTEARATE/HEXASTEARATE/HEXAROSINATE [] COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX\CERA CARNAUBA\CIRE DE CARNAUBA [] POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE [] OZOKERITE [] LECITHIN [] TIN OXIDE [] TOCOPHEROL [] ASCORBYL PALMITATE [] CITRIC ACID [] [ /- MICA [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) [] TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] ALUMINUM POWDER (CI 77000) [] BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163) [] BLACK 2 (CI 77266) [] BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090) [] BRONZE POWDER (CI 77400) [] CARMINE (CI 75470) [] CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289) [] CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288) [] COPPER POWDER (CI 77400) [] FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510) [] FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510) [] MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742) [] RED 6 (CI 15850) [] RED 6 LAKE (CI 15850) [] RED 7 (CI 15850) [] RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850) [] RED 21 LAKE (CI 45380) [] RED 22 LAKE (CI 45380) [] RED 27 LAKE (CI 45410) [] RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410) [] RED 30 LAKE (CI 73360) [] RED 40 LAKE (CI 16035) [] YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140) [] YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985) [] ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)]

on 2/5/2011 3:34:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

This is such a versatile product that has become a must in my everyday make up routine! How I use it:
- Highlight under my brows
- Subtly highlight my cupid's bow. This works way better than a shimmer highlighter.
- Line my lower waterline to wake those tired eyes. I like the effect I get after about 1 hour's wear. The color becomes less stark but doesn't wear off completely, giving me a bright-eyed look. I usually get about 4 hours of wear per application.
- Highlight the inner corners of my eyes to open them up
- Conceal small blemishes. I like to warm the pencil up with my fingers and then dab it over an imperfection. This pencil doubles up as a concealer.
- Touch up my under-eye concealer during the day. My under-eye concealer sometimes wears off during the day and if I haven't brought it out with me, I use this pencil to touch up on the go.
- Erase any boo boos I've made with my liquid liner/lipstick

In addition, I find that this requires less sharpening (product wastage) because it doesn't function like a normal eye liner pencil. Love it!

on 1/20/2011 6:12:00 AM

I really like it!! My waterline looks so amazing with this.. bye bye redness! :D
TIP: set your waterline with an eyeshadow: mac brule!!
Im going to get another from the colection cham pale

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this pencil! I find myself using it nearly every day. It's great if you're wanting to brighten up your eyes or you've only been awake a few hours and you want to go out without looking completely worn out. I prefer to use this than a plain white pencil because I think they look a bit too harsh on me so this is a wonderful alternative for me. For reference, I am a NW5-10 (very fair) and I didn't have any problems using this pencil. I feared it would make me look like I didn't have a waterline or as though my skin ended at my eyeball and make my eyes appear smaller (crazy, I know) but it definitely doesn't. This is a beautiful alternative to a white pencil because it's less harsh looking and appears much more natural. I hope they don't discontinue this, because it's great.

on 1/10/2011 2:20:00 PM

I bought two. it's a little light for my skin color which is good because I use it to cover red spots on my face! i also use it to brighten my eyes, although i think i might need the darker shade as it looks closer to my olive complexion....but i bought two just in case!

on 1/10/2011 1:52:00 AM

Attention those with ACNE SCARRING.
I have slightly depressed scars on one of my cheeks that I can cover decently in the day (bobbi brown creamy concealer in porcelain followed by mac MSF natural in light medium), but at night harsh lights tend to emphasise the scars and cast a 'shadow' making them darker than they are.
I believe this pencil actually fixes it. Couldn't believe it when I tried it on them! I don't use this as an eyeliner - its not a good colour for me. But I'm so glad it works for my scars and I will definitely be buying a backup! Finally, I have literally tried everything, but nothing has changed the texture enough to stop the 'shadow'.

This is great for covering redness on my waterline. The formula is creamy and it stays put for most of the day, but it also removes easily with the right cleanser. Great product.

on 12/9/2010 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lovely product. Different packaging than regular Mac eye pencils (is that term even valid when it comes to pencils?). Normally Mac eyeliner pencils are made of wood painted black, whilst this is left natural, with a sort of tawny color all around and a transparent cap - that way you can always tell it apart in your eye makeup stash. Anyhow, it performs great. The color is slightly lighter than my natural skin tone, probably a shade I would pick for under-eye concealer or cheek highlighter, which makes it useful for various reasons: First off, you can use it to sharpen the look of any dark lines wherever applied, e.g. right under the flick of your liquid eyeliner, or outside your natural lip line when wearing a dark lip etc. You can also use it to subtly bring out the cupid's bow in a discrete, non-shiny way. Furthermore, it looks beautiful as a natural inner tearduct and browbone highlighter for daytime looks, especially when blended out a little for maximum credibility. But what I mainly use it for, above all other purposes, is brightening up the waterline, since white tends to look quite harsh so I've completely excluded it from my daytime routine. This goes on like a dream, it's soft and creamy and it takes away all the redness while opening up the eye, making you look more awake. I'd been looking for a shade like this for a very long time and I'm so glad Mac made it permanent, even as a pro item. Recommended to anyone.

on 8/19/2010 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't really like the idea of a white eye pencil on my waterline - a bit too stark and unnatural looking. But there were times when I wanted "something" and didn't want to go the dark route - it's not that appropriate in my line of work and looks a bit too vampy for me for daytime/work. So when this came out from MAC I thought "at last". I really like it. It takes the red tinge away from the rims of my eyes if I'm tired or just not looking too bright. How I wish this weren't Limited Edition. There are so few products like this available that I'm surprised MAC hasn't made this permanent.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this pencil (NC15/NW20) without hesitation and I am SO glad I got it. Its a perfect waterline colour to open up my green eyes. Its creamy,pigmented,glides on really easily and stays put for a looong time. Even when it fades a bit it still looks so natural.

Really glad to read down below that this will be permanent at pro stores because I will most def. be buying it again.

The only thing that bothers me a bit is the price, for me its a bit too pricy for a pencil. AUD$32 or so i beleive. To me thats a crazy amount for a pencil, but...it's worth it.

Overall Rating 5/5

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

These pencils will be permanent and available at mac pro stores.

Top Rated MAC Products