April 17, 2014 | 1067 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Radiance Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by ashleystewart1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

this cleanser feel sooooooooooo smooth on my face.. like lotion! it is a pleasure to put on.. i feel like it does make my face radiant. i tried it because it has royal jelly and i know my skin likes honey because i put on an organic honey mask every other night and it makes my skin glow. so i thought my skin would like this cleanser and it does! also my skin is dry and this isn't drying at all.. and i love that is is all natural because i would purchase high end cleasners and they wo uld have Sodium lauryl sulfates in them which i found my skin hates!! i will def repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by cristinabby123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

:D woooowww...okay well i have OILY , acne-prone, sensitive, dry skin...yess i have it ALL lol...before using this i was usin CeraVe (ithink thats how its spelled) and it was working alright but i felt like it was just cleaning the surface of my skin , that sounds weird but i could tell it wasnt doing much because i had really large pores:( [its the opposite with burts bees<3]

THENNNN i found burts bees radiance facial cleaner and AHH:D found my HG cleanser!!!! :D its made my skin GLOWWW, the trick to this (i belive) is to really massage it in for a good min. or two...ive never felt a cleanser like this where it leaves my face soooo clean with out beein even a BIT dry afterwards<3 i looovee it, OH and its been really great on my acne too, its reduced it a bunch, but it doenst claim to do that ...i was so sceptical but so glad i tryed it, never swiching!!.. i highly recomend it!!!!!! u can always return it if you dont like it and try something else ;) ...
PS.it doeshave somewhat of a fragrance but honestly it doesnt bother me at all, its not even as strong as everyone makes it seem on here! and even if it was, its SERIOUSLY worth looking over that small defect for the amazing results !!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by kdscott

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this cleanser! I've used many high end brands and I find this product to be equal to or exceed products like Philosophy's Purity Made Simple and Dr. Haushka's cleansers, and at a fraction of the price (around $10). Definitely my HG, and I don't assign that designation lightly.

I have combination skin that's prone to dryness. The Radiance Facial Cleanser is gentle enough to use daily with my Clarisonic Mia. The only drawback is the smell, which reminds me of home hair dye. I'm willing to overlook that aspect though, since it's otherwise such an amazing product. Definitely worth a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

With such great reviews I had high hopes for this product - but I can't find much good to say about it. At least the packaging is cute.

Seems to do nothing but make my skin dry and irritated. I have mildly sensitive combo. skin and this is far too rich. It isn't especially pleasant to use either with the weird sticky texture. Weird smell too. I haven't found any Burt's Bees products to be especially amazing - even the cult lip balm seems like nothing to write home about?

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by elizabethmariecorbin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cleanser for two weeks and can say that it's just okay. The jojoba beads do not exfoliate because there are very few of them--just a few in each pump--and they are too large. I do like that there is fruit acid as this has greatly helped to soften my skin. Because the weather is currently so hot, I've had breakouts and this cleanser neither helps the problem nor makes it worse. Unless you use a cloth or such during cleansing, you'll probably still have makeup still clinging to your face.

Like many other reviewers here, I also previously used the Purity cleanser but was disappointed by the ironic lack of purity in the ingredients. The Radiance cleanser is much better in terms of natural ingredients.....except that it includes a fragrance which Burt's Bees admits may include synthetic fragrances and you can tell by the smell that this is the case. If you already use synthetic fragrances, this probably isn't a problem for you unless you just don't like the scent. But, if you are a person who knows how bad synthetic fragrances are, this will bother you. I really don't mind if a product has high fragrance as long as it's not repulsive and I know it's natural. It's really too bad, because Burt's Bees could have easily left an added fragrance out of the cleanser. It's exactly the same fragrance as in the Radiance Body Lotion. Boo.

UPDATE: The fragrance in this product did bad things to my skin. I've now been using honey as my cleanser for about two weeks and my skin has cleared up and calmed down.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by 2000wattsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like to poster directly below me, I liked this but didn't feel it did anything for radiance, as it claims. Average. I have oily skin and typically go for gel-type cleansers most of the year, but when it's colder or when my eczema flares up, I like something that can tackle the occasional dry patch. This cleanser is good for that--it provides some moisture without making my skin nuts.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by NigheanRuadh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this. But it's not outstanding - and it didn't do anything in the radiance department. I love that it is a foaming cleanser and can be used with a Clairsonic/Pretika. It does a good job at not drying me out. But if I buy something to do a specific job, I'd like to see results, which I didn't in over several months of use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This smells sooo bad. It smells like perm solution/hair dye. It dried my skin and left it flakey and feeling raw. Also I had a hard time getting the pump unlocked. It probally would have been better for my skin if I didn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by carlymarie31

Good things:
Cleans well, gentle but effective
Does not over dry my skin
Natural ingredients
Didn't break out my skin
Improved texture of my skin
Helped fade some dark spots
I like the pump packaging

Bad things:
The smell is kinda weird at first, but i actually grew to like it.
The pump was hard to get to unlock after first purchasing

Over-all i love this cleanser and i've tried A LOT of things.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

ok ive only been using this for 3 days but love how clean and soft my face is, i really hope this does not break me out! i am going to be trying the other radiance products next