Garnier Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

on 4/24/2014 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was pretty sceptical when purchasing this eye-roller since I don't always have the best luck with Garnier products (more recently with their BB Creams). But I did my research and took the plunge when I saw it on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart (that being said, it still wasn't cheap).

I have been struggling with dark under-eye circles for a long time, partially because my skin is so fair and translucent around the eye-area and also because, as a university student, I am a bit of a night owl (and not in the cool "party all night" way- more like "I have 12 hours to write the term paper and I spent the last week playing Candy Crush when I should have started").

Pros:
- I like the cool feeling of the rollerball, which glides easily under my eyes and around my nose.
- The packaging makes the product hygienic and quick to use.
- The colour is forgiving on my fair skin, which is a welcome change since I can't say the same about the Garnier BB Cream shade selection.
- The coverage is sheer and moisturizing, which I prefer in the summer months over the heavier cream concealers.
- I actually use this all around my nose as well, and since my skin is so dry it really sucks up the solution (I buff it out with a beauty blender and the result is a dewy glow).

Cons:
- I can understand why some people have issues with creasing, since it can be a bit runny. I apply the eye-roller over top of a primer and I use Physicians Formula mineral correcting powder over top in order to set the product as well as touch up any remaining discolouration.
- Even on sale, the price isn't anything incredible. I paid about $14 CAN, which is more steep than I'd like, but since I plan to use it all summer I don't mind.
- There is a slight alcohol scent to the product, which initially bothered me but I hardly notice anymore.

Overall, this product works fairly well on my dark-circles. I won't say that it totally takes care of them, but the formula is sheer enough for the summer months that it can still provide coverage without melting off of my face (which I like). Application is quick and easy and I can usually supplement it with my Vichy BB Cream for additional coverage if need be.

on 4/20/2014 5:19:00 AM

This is honestly great stuff! Who needs YSL touche eclat when you have this. I've tried the YSL, Maybelline Fit Me concealer and Nars creamy concealer and they all creased in the fine lines underneath my eye but this doesn't! Surprisingly with such a thin watery consistency, it still had decent coverage similar to a medium-full coverage foundation. I have very dark under eye circles and needed to double up with a corrector concealer to give a better coverage. But when I'm lazy I can just pull off wearing this alone to cover my eyes, still not flawless but a pass. I love the tone of this concealer it isn't too flesh tone, more of a neutral brightener that really lightens up the area. It can double as a highlighter for the nose bridge and cheek bones without being too cakey.

It's a bonus that it has caffeine and anti-dark circle properties. I don't expect it to do any changes for skincare but as a cosmetic, it's wonderful! Love, love, love!

on 4/15/2014 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really really like this. It never creases, smooths on so nicely and I like the cooling roller ball. It instantly adds brightness to the undereye area. I put this on as a first step prior to applying a peach toned corrector or more heavy duty concealer, just cause this hydrates so nicely and great for layering because it's so light. I've repurchased several times.

on 4/11/2014 10:25:00 PM

I finally found a concealer I love!

I have been searching for months for an undereye concealer that helps hide the darkness and shadows under my eyes without being too cakey and without the product pooling up in my lines like the Nile delta. This concealer is the best I have tried by far...and I've tried many: Lancome Effacerne, Dermablend Smooth Indulgence, Benefit Erase Paste, Physicians Formula Conceal Rx, It Bye Bye Undereye Concealer, among many others.

The Garnier Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller is so light that it blends perfectly without seeming as if I was trying too hard to hide my imperfections while also giving a wonderful brightening effect. This lightness also seems to be the reason it does not settle in lines as much as other products I've tried (and then I only notice a small amount of settling when staring closing at my undereye area via a magnified mirror). The sheerness of the formula does work at a disadvantage because it does lessen the ability to completely cover over the very darker areas (I use one more layer in those spots with more success) but the brightening effect seems to overcome the darker age spots peeking thru the coverage on me--- plus I'd rather have a more natural look than have a caked-on, muddy look that hides every single little thing anyway.

I didn't think I would like the ball applicator but I really do. When I dab the ball onto the problem areas instead of rolling it over the skin, it gives just the right amount of product (and I love the the soothing feeling from the cold metal ball against my skin).

In short, I am so ecstatic that my hunt for an undereye concealer is finally over! Hooray!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have really dark circles under my eyes and this stuff really makes a big difference as soon as you put it on. If I could only choose one thing to put on, it would be this. Since my circles are so dark I do add a regular concealer and brightening powder on top of this, but this does do an amazing job by itself. It is a little pricey but it is a great product.

on 4/7/2014 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this more and more the longer I use it. It's amazing! Can't imagine not having it to put under my eyes to highlight the area and make me look awake. It's not drying at all either.

on 3/31/2014 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have been looking for years for a decent under eye concealer and it looks like I've found it. The under eye is always problematic but this has cracked it for me. The product is so fine and sheer that it does not settle in the few eye lines I have. Other products made the lines look worse. I get some darkness under my eyes and this is enough to conceal it and look natural. I'm in the Bobby Brown camp of wanting makeup to just reveal to the world a better version of me. I aim for a polished and natural look. Thank you Garnier for this cracking product.

on 3/30/2014 10:15:00 PM

This is a pretty good concealer, it dosent cover up the darkness fully but nothing really does for me because i am soooo dark underneath the eyes. It gives a brightness added under my eyes and I'm not 100% sure I would buy it again but it is a pretty good product that I recommend. I love the roll on concept it's different and so easy :)

on 3/23/2014 9:55:00 PM

I have NW20 skin and this is perfect for my under eye. It has this nice cooling sensation when being used. Does not crease into my fine eyes. After rolling this under my eye, I use my fingers to blend. Would repurchase!!

on 3/10/2014 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. It is amazing for concealing under-eye circles and using as a highlighter. This may sound crazy but I even use this as a foundation when I am paler. It goes on lightweight and gives decent coverage for such a light product. No cakiness. Perfect for those summer days.