April 20, 2014 | 1123 users online

Toners - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Lostx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination and sensitive skin. I got this from a sale at The Body Shop from their buy one get one free. After applying this toner, it stung my skin. The smell is a bit strong. I would apply it on twice everyday. However after a week, I noticed my cheeks would be really red and dry. I assumed it was from the product. So, I won't be using this toner again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by sharonspiration

This toner contains tea tree oil, as well as witch hazel which I liked. I really noticed a difference in my skin after just a week. My t-zone is becoming less oily. My acne scars are also slowly starting to fade. The smell may be slightly unappealing, however I'm used to it now.

You need to shake the bottle to get the maximum benefits, or you are using the product incorrectly. I do not recommend this for very sensitive skin as there is a strong tingling, burning sensation that may cause irritations. I have battled moderate acne and acne scarring for four years and and I'm seeing a major difference, especially in my scars with this product in combination with the 100% aloe vera gel from fruit of the earth. I got this on sale for $7, original price is $11CAD.

I will definitely be repurchasing this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by sexysxd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading good reviews, I bought a bottle of this and it's gonna finish in a few days time. It does make my skin feels fresh and tight after applying it on my face. But it's actually the 'alcohol' content that gives me that sensation.

After this bottle, I am going to switch back to my old Garnier Aqua Defense Toner, which is cheaper but it does not contain ALCOHOL. It works just as well for my skin & doesn't give me any breakouts! :)

Overall Review:
-Skin feels tight & fresh ( but it's actually thanks to the alcohol)
-Expensive, for me
-Will not repurchase & I'll stick to my old Garnier Aqua Defense :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by latifa11

I've been using this for around 3 months now, and lets just say I'll keep on using it. I do like it, but its not a miracle product. That being said, it works amazingly with the rest of my skincare routine and as a result of ALL the products I use, I can see clear results. [Btw, I have removed this of my skincare routine for about a month, and I did notice that my skin wasn't as clear]

It has a strong scent which many people may dislike but it goes away.
It has a tingly, kindoff burning sensation, so I wouldn't recommend to anyone with sensitive skin. It does leave my face red[totally normal for me] but it fades away.

Packaging is okay, typical Body Shop packaging which is secure so thats a plus for traveling[However it is quite big].
You have to shake really well before application or else youre not doing anything.

Would I repurchase? Yes, & I have[forgot my bottle at home when I left to uni :(]

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by emilyjune2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in the mini kit they have for the tea tree line. The scent isn't the best in the world, but a little bit goes a long way, which means less money spent which is always a plus! I've had the kit for just a few days now, but so far my acne is slowly clearing up and my face looks less irritated! I can't wait to see if this will get rid of my acne that I've had for 10 agonizing years! Will update in a few weeks from now to see how it has been going, but I hope this is my HG toner!!! :D

EDIT: I loved it while it lasted but moved on to bigger and better things. I had figured out that tea tree oil, salysilic acid, AND benzoyl peroxide all irritated my skin and made my acne ten times worse. After switching to Philosophy Purity Made Simple, my face has been clear!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by starburst1824

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about a month and a half now and have grown to really love how it works with my skin. At first I thought I wasn't even going to be able to use it because the smell made me slightly sick, but I've actually got used to it and I don't even notice it anymore. I have very oily skin that is acne prone so I was excited to try this product. I won't go as far as to say it's some kind of a miracle product, but it works really well with the facial routine I've been using for the summer. I use an aveno daily scrub, followed by this toner in the morning. If you can handle the smell I would definitely give this a try if you're battling oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by upinflames

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always loved the smell of tea tree oil, so the scent was not an issue for me. I'm usually only prone to breakouts in the summer, and I was in dire need of a good toner. I stumbled across this one because I heard good things about it from a friend.
It burns a bit when you first start, but gradually, your skin adjusts to the toner and it honestly leaves my skin so smooth. It controls oil well (except after being in the heat, but that's understandable).

Also, I wasn't looking for something to get rid of acne, as I typically only break out a bit. And I use Proactiv's Repairing Lotion to treat acne (love it, but it's so pricey) so I'm not sure how well this toner treats acne.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product to those with oily skin. It will most likely irritate dry/sensitive skin.

Also, I got mine for about $11 CA, so it's a little on the expensive side. But definitely not as bad as the Proactiv toner I used to buy. :S So I guess it's all subjective, but personally, it was a great price for a fantastic toner.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Lakkert

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: After trying a couple other toners (Vichy and another wich name I do not recall) I find that this is not very good and i change the score from 4 to 3.
I really like this product. I have a very oily t-zone with acne and blemishes og my chin and this works great for me. A bottle lasts me almost 2 months, and i'm on my fourth now! I apply it with a cottonpad all over my face after i have removed my make up and used my gel cleanser from the same range. Theres only two bad things about this: The cap is a bit hard to get off some times, but if i try too hard to open it, the cap breaks off and even if it does a great job with my skin it sometimes make the blemishes very red before they go a way. I will continue to use and repurchase this until i find something better for the same price :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 4:09:00 AM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this toner. It has two layers which you need to shake up or else you're not using the product correctly. When I first started using this, I actually broke out in a few painful bumps. But after while, it disappeared. At first it burned and tingled a bit but I got used to it and it actually feels nice. At night, it reassures me that my face is clean from any makeup residue. I use this after using the tea tree face wash. I feel like the tea tree benefits is washed from the face wash but reapplied by the toner. It mattifies, so I follow up with my night moisturizer. In the morning, the mattifing properties are awesome at controlling oil. It's a simple addition to my regiment. I'm not certain if it really works or not. But I have seen my face clear up a bit so I like it. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by misseskelso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this toner a lot. Even though it does very little for the condition of my skin, for some reason I can't stop using it. I'll say that it can help with breakout with regular and strict use, but it was no miracle worker for me.