July 29, 2014 | 2131 users online

Toners - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by justfornow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've purchased this toner for the third time now and it seems to work great for me. I wasn't necessarily looking for a miracle toner to clear my skin up (so many other products to do that job), but this effectively removes excess oil/leftover makeup; I'm frequently surprised by how much my cleanser missed. That being said, I have certainly NOT noticed any bumps/breakouts because of it. I have oily skin but I tend to overdo the cleansing sometimes which leaves a few dry spots on my face, and this toner does a good job of restoring my skin's pH. Minus one lippie because I guess I'm just a bit bored of it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by materialface

I have mixed feelings about this toner. I did finish the whole bottle but not sure if I would buy it again. I know LUSH sells a tea tree toner in the form of a spray bottle which I think will be more gentle than this one by Body Shop. I think that it is a bit too strong for my skin. I would use this especially in my T-zone where I have visible pores.

This toner was too strong for me on an everyday basis when i DIDN'T have blemishes. But when i DID have blemishes, my skin seemed to react good when I dabbed some of the toner on it, as a treatment.

As far as the entire Tea Tree line at Body Shop, I purchased 3 items since they had a promotion: the foam cleanser, the night cream and this toner. But I returned the other two and kept the toner. I don't recommend the other products except the toner for those who have blemish prone skin

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A waste of money, it didn't help my acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by ederaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After suffering from acne scars, I decided to go to the body shop and after taking to the SA i bought this toner, as well as the matching night and day lotions. After the first work of using this, i noticed that my scars were faded which i was so happy about. But as i continued to use this products i would have pimples that would form under the skin that would be painful and last for weeks. I have now stopped using this toner, and the pimples have gone away. I will not buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by yuki91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like this toner. It left a very strong burning sensation in my skin and it's so drying. This product didn't work well for me. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by superkid268

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this toner! I just started my second bottle. It is soothing, cooling, tingles ever so slightly - and feels like it HEALS your whole face. The Body Shop Tea Tree line is hit or miss - but THIS might be the best product in the line! And for the price, it is soooo worth it for a good-sized bottle. It might be my Holy Grail toner...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by hiphuphop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product, it clears up my face and I love the smell of it!
When you put it on, it feels so nice and refreshing!
If you're looking for a good toner, here it is!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Lostx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination and sensitive skin. I got this from a sale at The Body Shop from their buy one get one free. After applying this toner, it stung my skin. The smell is a bit strong. I would apply it on twice everyday. However after a week, I noticed my cheeks would be really red and dry. I assumed it was from the product. So, I won't be using this toner again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by sharonspiration

This toner contains tea tree oil, as well as witch hazel which I liked. I really noticed a difference in my skin after just a week. My t-zone is becoming less oily. My acne scars are also slowly starting to fade. The smell may be slightly unappealing, however I'm used to it now.

You need to shake the bottle to get the maximum benefits, or you are using the product incorrectly. I do not recommend this for very sensitive skin as there is a strong tingling, burning sensation that may cause irritations. I have battled moderate acne and acne scarring for four years and and I'm seeing a major difference, especially in my scars with this product in combination with the 100% aloe vera gel from fruit of the earth. I got this on sale for $7, original price is $11CAD.

I will definitely be repurchasing this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by sexysxd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading good reviews, I bought a bottle of this and it's gonna finish in a few days time. It does make my skin feels fresh and tight after applying it on my face. But it's actually the 'alcohol' content that gives me that sensation.

After this bottle, I am going to switch back to my old Garnier Aqua Defense Toner, which is cheaper but it does not contain ALCOHOL. It works just as well for my skin & doesn't give me any breakouts! :)

Overall Review:
-Skin feels tight & fresh ( but it's actually thanks to the alcohol)
-Expensive, for me
-Will not repurchase & I'll stick to my old Garnier Aqua Defense :)