September 1, 2014 | 1867 users online

Toners - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by micoH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I specifically made an account just to write an interview on this product.

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT (or the entire line of tea tree, in fact).

I'm certainly not a random hater hating on this product, but this product has surely done some very permanent damage to my skin.

I have very oily skin and am acne prone, I used this product for around 1 year, using it religiously day and night, as it did somewhat clear my skin, stripping all the oils, in fact i used the entire line of the tea tree products for a whole year. The result? I started having REALLY big pores, I somehow had extremely clogged pores, at that time i did not really know why my face was having little bumps and itches, kinda like follicles were falling (ew) especially in the winter, and creating my big pores. The second ingredient on this product is alcohol, it also has witch hazel extract (contains ethanol, great! more alcohol!). Youre pretty much rubbing alcohol on your skin!

my pores are so disgustingly huge right now, though its been a year since i stopped, through a few laser treatments they are still huge, you could see my pores standing 10 feet away from me, literally orange textured skin ):

sadly, having some acne is alright, they can be cured in the long term and what not, but pores...they are pretty permanent, you could only "minimize their appearance", even through lasers results only go so far.

I was very naive back then, not knowing much about skin, not knowing of Paula's reviews, nor this website, but to look at The Body Shop's official site for a review (tons of fake reviews). Please, everyone, look at many reviews before you buy a product! (im sure many of you know that already)

Their other products are alright though, oh there is a small exception to the tea tree line. The tea tree oil does work with pimples (for spot treatment), but according to Paula, its actually a high dose of alcohol again...

Anyway hope this review helped, I hope i saved a few people out there ):

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by chelzeh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cleared up my redness it literally 3 days! I was so amazed. The size is handy for on the go too.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wouldnt recommend this for dry, sensitive skin. I tried it, and oh my gosh did it burn and sting! Dried my skin out even worse!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 4:58:00 AM More reviews by HelenaReviews

Nice cleanser, I don't have hard core acne, just combination to oily skin, and I definitely think this toner made a difference and helped with excess oil. Nice refreshing feeling when applied, though sometimes it can feel a bit stingy, so maybe not for the faint of heart, or um, skin. Good value for money I'd say, I've been using it almost daily, and the 250mls looks like it'll last me a few months. Considering this though definitely test to see if this is for you before purchasing, otherwise you have A LOT

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by bbinette88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This toner cleared my face a little. I was using it with the facial wash, did not make me breakout. I would have some pimples occasionally. But the toner burns a little when applied.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by justfornow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've purchased this toner for the third time now and it seems to work great for me. I wasn't necessarily looking for a miracle toner to clear my skin up (so many other products to do that job), but this effectively removes excess oil/leftover makeup; I'm frequently surprised by how much my cleanser missed. That being said, I have certainly NOT noticed any bumps/breakouts because of it. I have oily skin but I tend to overdo the cleansing sometimes which leaves a few dry spots on my face, and this toner does a good job of restoring my skin's pH. Minus one lippie because I guess I'm just a bit bored of it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by materialface

I have mixed feelings about this toner. I did finish the whole bottle but not sure if I would buy it again. I know LUSH sells a tea tree toner in the form of a spray bottle which I think will be more gentle than this one by Body Shop. I think that it is a bit too strong for my skin. I would use this especially in my T-zone where I have visible pores.

This toner was too strong for me on an everyday basis when i DIDN'T have blemishes. But when i DID have blemishes, my skin seemed to react good when I dabbed some of the toner on it, as a treatment.

As far as the entire Tea Tree line at Body Shop, I purchased 3 items since they had a promotion: the foam cleanser, the night cream and this toner. But I returned the other two and kept the toner. I don't recommend the other products except the toner for those who have blemish prone skin

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A waste of money, it didn't help my acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by ederaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After suffering from acne scars, I decided to go to the body shop and after taking to the SA i bought this toner, as well as the matching night and day lotions. After the first work of using this, i noticed that my scars were faded which i was so happy about. But as i continued to use this products i would have pimples that would form under the skin that would be painful and last for weeks. I have now stopped using this toner, and the pimples have gone away. I will not buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by yuki91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like this toner. It left a very strong burning sensation in my skin and it's so drying. This product didn't work well for me. I wouldn't buy it again.