August 30, 2014 | 1776 users online

Mascara - Almay - Intense i-color w/ Light Interplay Technology

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by pixiedustpb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

WOAH is all i can say i was blown away when i first tried this! its amazing! it dnt didnt do anything for the color of my eyes. but its honestly the best drug store mascara i have ever used! it reminds me alot of dior show! its a VERY big brush!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by laurenmn

Bought it in black flash for brown eyes and while I loved the rest that came for brown eyes, not the mascara. Applies well, but looks too clumpy. All volume, no length or definition. Flakes a little and smears too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 4:02:00 AM More reviews by Pastranoj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My new favorite mascara :) does wonders for hard to curl lashes and gives extreme length.. Where I live it's only 5 bucks and definitely worth it

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by uglyfetty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

ehhhh, this didnt do much for my lashes. also the brush is a little TOO big, and when it says "black emerald" or teal or whatever, it aint kiddin'..my lashes looked green in sunlight

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by darkharbour

This is a "big brush" mascara. I cannot say that this does much for eye color, but it does lengthen and separate like crazy. Not much on volume. But it really does make a nice soft LONG fringe.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 8:58:00 AM More reviews by silvercons

LOVE THIS!

I have used A LOT of the "value brand" mascaras on the market including but not limited to maybeline, revlon, covergirl and maxfactor.

Some of them were a waste of time and money especially the various covergirl ones. I had better luck with maxfactor but I wanted more. I started to think I needed to pay more and go for the diors and like.

I'm asian so my lashes are short and stumpy but the individual lashes are thick.

I was looking for a long wearing, smudge proof, curling and lengthening mascara which is a tall order for most mascaras but not this Almay one. Other mascaras offered one or two benefits but usually failed in the smudgeproof department, even the so called waterproofs.

One coat is fine for day wear but I like two coats for night time and my lashes are curled, lengthened and lasts all day/night without flaking or smudging on my oily skin. I love how my my eyes and face instantly look more awake after a coat and glam after two coats.

My mascara search has finally ended.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by lorifunorie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i loved this mascara. i always like almay's eye makeups, but i was really impressed with this mascara. i saw alot of you complain about the dry formula..but heck that's why i love it! i have oily skin and all non-waterproof mascaras seem to melt off, but this doesn't. this mascara is one that curls my lashes well without using a curler, and it doesn't flake off me or irritate my contacts.
HOWEVER...
the light interplay technology?? i don't get it. I guess the mascara is supposed to be sparkly? I don't see any sparkle, just a lovely shade of black. and the tube wasn't great, the brush comes out messy and you have to clean it off. and final complaint...it does have a clumping tendacy..like all mascaracs that volumize well. but clumping can be easily avoided if you use a light hand, because honestly you don't need more that one coat.
all in all the good outweighs the bad for me on this mascara, and i will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Katzie105

Wow! I went to CVS to buy the Almay Intense I-color smoky eyeshadow and I found this in a package deal. Get the eyeshadow and get this mascara free. Since it was included for free really wasnt expecting much. I've been using Hard Candy mascara but it's hard to find around me so I gave this a shot. I curled my natural lashes and then applies ONE coat and my eyelashes looked amazing. Thick, dark, full &!!!! The most amazing part for me is that it holds a curl! Like none other. With other mascaras I need to curl before application, recurl after the first coat, do a second coat, wait to dry, curl a THIRD! time, and even then they droop and go flat by the afternoon. My eyelashes are like sticking straight up high. I need to take a picture bc this is ridiculous. I really look like I'm wearing falsies and i usually walk around envious of women who have eyelashes that look like this and now I have them too!!!! Yayy!! :D I'm going to watch and see how long this lasts. I have a huge problem with mascaras, specifically maybelline which dries out after two weeks. What a waste!! I hope this doesn't do that bc this formula is HG for sure!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by juliajolle

I am disappointed by this product. The effect is ok, but this mascara flakes a lot!!! The formulation is very dry. The brush is ok. There are better drugstore mascaras like those from Maybelline.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by CoconutCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yup, I dig it. Use it all the time. Definitely a repeat customer.