Maybelline Expert Eyes 100% Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Boric Acid, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Hexylene Glycol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Phenylethyl Alcohol, Chlorhexidine Digluconate

on 2/27/2009 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This makeup remover does a fine job removing all sorts of washable eyeliners, mascaras, and eye shadows. It is gentle on my super-sensitive eyes, and doesn't leave any residue behind. Saturate a small cotton ball, and rub it all over your eyes. In just a few seconds, and with little or no effort, 99% of your eye makeup will be stuck to the cotton ball. I usually use a second cotton ball to wipe off the leftovers.

Lancome's Bi-Facil and Neutrogena's Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover are better (because no extra wiping up step is needed with those), but I always keep this bottle around as a backup anyway.

If you want the impossible to remove oil slick version in the pink bottle (that many ladies here seem to be reviewing by mistake), check out the horribleness of "Maybelline Expert Eyes Moisturizing Remover for Waterproof Eye Makeup."

on 2/26/2009 3:27:00 PM

Well, I've used to this for many years and I do like it. It does get the job done of removing my eye makeup. But I don't advise on people who use waterproof mascara.

The trick is to get a cotton ball/pad and really moisten. Then gently put on top of your eyes and let it sit there for a couple of seconds to remove eyeliner/eyeshadow. Get another cotton ball and moisten, then go for the lashes. After that gently swipe away. Eyeshadow, eyeliner, it does a pretty good job with that. Although lately I've noticed that when I switched to Dior show or givenchy mascara it doesn't quite get it all off. When I used maybelline full & soft, this remover did an excellent job of removing it.

Will I buy it again? No, because it doesn't fully get rid of my mascara. If you use maybelline, cg, or such, I believe this will be an excellent eye makeup remover and do recommend it for those.

This was HORRIBLE on my eyes. I scrubbed hard for atleast 3 minutes and it didn't even get all my eye makeup off.
I do NOT recommend this product.

on 2/11/2009 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Ugh, I hated this makeup remover. It stung my eyes like crazy. And it didn't even manage to get all my eyeliner off! I even tried rubbing harder than I should have been, multiple times, and a little liner was still there.

on 2/6/2009 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

My favorite eye makeup remover. It goes on slightly oily which I think is kind of a must to get off eyemakeup, however, after it goes on the oiliness disappears, and then your eyes just feel clean. I absolutely love this stuff and have been using it for years. It works and feels good.

on 12/15/2008 6:52:00 AM

I bought this because it was cheap. I guess I thought all make up removers are the same. This one doesn't seem to remove make up very well. It can't get mascara off. It always leaves my eyes feeling really dry. Even though I don't use if very often the bottle is half way gone. You have to use a lot.

on 9/29/2008 8:53:00 AM

This product is horrible. It stings my eyes far more than the ones from Almay, Mary Kay, Klorane, etc. It is also difficult to remove eye makeup with this. I've tried a lot of eye makeup removers and the one from Klorane is by far the best.

on 6/19/2008 7:26:00 AM

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this product. It is gentle, yet highly effective at removing my eye makeup. I tend to wear heavy eyeliner and this removes it every time! Simple and basic packaging that travels well. No smell at all. And very CHEAP! I would recommend this to everyone!

on 4/12/2008 11:43:00 PM

I tried Maybelline Expert Eyes Moisturizing Remover. I HATE this product. I used two drops on a cotton pad. Had to wipe a few times and my eyes started to get irritated. I wash my eyes with soap and it's still oily. I couldn't get it off my skin. The mascara was all around my eyes. Took a while to get it off. The next day I got a STYE on my eye. So I waited about a week to try it again because maybe it was something else. Nope it was the product. I had to wash my eyes out with water immediately after using this product, the oil is just like glue to your skin. My eyes burned so much and again I got a STYE. I called Maybelline to bitch at them about the product then they got the nerve to say I'm not clean or it something in my house that made me get the stye on my eye. I told them it was the product I never had a stye on my eye until I used it. I also went to the doctor to get it check out and send them my bill. They shut up, apologized, and paid for my doctor's bill. I also told them to refund me the money that I had to spend to buy the stupid thing. I HATE this company.

on 4/10/2008 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this product really sucks!! i have to wipe twice to get my eye make up off and with Neutrogena's Eye Make up remover, which i totalllly LOOOVE, gets my makeup off in ONE swipe. Try Neutrogena's because it comes in a bigger bottle and is around the same price!!