April 23, 2014 | 1987 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Maybelline - Expert Eyes 100% Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2008 6:52:00 AM More reviews by aly64

I bought this because it was cheap. I guess I thought all make up removers are the same. This one doesn't seem to remove make up very well. It can't get mascara off. It always leaves my eyes feeling really dry. Even though I don't use if very often the bottle is half way gone. You have to use a lot.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2008 8:56:00 AM More reviews by ilikeringpops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Bleh. While this didn't sting my eyes or have a funny smell, it also didn't take off my eye makeup! I would rub at my eyes for ages, and while it SEEMED like all the makeup was gone, in the morning my eyes would be ringed with grey smudges. Also, one bottle hardly lasted me very long at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2008 8:53:00 AM More reviews by tv123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is horrible. It stings my eyes far more than the ones from Almay, Mary Kay, Klorane, etc. It is also difficult to remove eye makeup with this. I've tried a lot of eye makeup removers and the one from Klorane is by far the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2008 7:26:00 AM More reviews by mjjohns24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this product. It is gentle, yet highly effective at removing my eye makeup. I tend to wear heavy eyeliner and this removes it every time! Simple and basic packaging that travels well. No smell at all. And very CHEAP! I would recommend this to everyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by dragonxbaby

I tried Maybelline Expert Eyes Moisturizing Remover. I HATE this product. I used two drops on a cotton pad. Had to wipe a few times and my eyes started to get irritated. I wash my eyes with soap and it's still oily. I couldn't get it off my skin. The mascara was all around my eyes. Took a while to get it off. The next day I got a STYE on my eye. So I waited about a week to try it again because maybe it was something else. Nope it was the product. I had to wash my eyes out with water immediately after using this product, the oil is just like glue to your skin. My eyes burned so much and again I got a STYE. I called Maybelline to bitch at them about the product then they got the nerve to say I'm not clean or it something in my house that made me get the stye on my eye. I told them it was the product I never had a stye on my eye until I used it. I also went to the doctor to get it check out and send them my bill. They shut up, apologized, and paid for my doctor's bill. I also told them to refund me the money that I had to spend to buy the stupid thing. I HATE this company.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2008 2:49:00 AM More reviews by d0sam1

this product really sucks!! i have to wipe twice to get my eye make up off and with Neutrogena's Eye Make up remover, which i totalllly LOOOVE, gets my makeup off in ONE swipe. Try Neutrogena's because it comes in a bigger bottle and is around the same price!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2008 12:31:00 PM More reviews by fernd1

I very rarely need to use eye makeup remover--my face cleanser and warm water remove pretty much everything on a daily basis (which is usually just non-waterproof mascara and eyeliner.) However, if I've gone out in the evening and really done it up with eyeshadow base, layers of eyeshadow, liner, several coats of mascara--the whole deal--I'll use this eye makeup remover. Since I use it so infrequently, my only requirements are that it remove the makeup completely and not sting my eyes--this succeeds on both counts!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2008 8:41:00 AM More reviews by kristabunni

I agree with some of the reviews above - in a war over the landscape of my eyes, water wins over this product.

Firstly, this bottle leaked more than once, even after I consciously secured it tighter, and left a little oilslicked pond and discoloration in my drawer. Water evaporates clear. That's one win for water.

Next, it takes an inordinate amount of product for it to take off non-waterproof mascara. I had to use 4-6 squirts on 4-6 different cotton balls each night, which frustrated me so much that I stopped wearing mascara so I wouldn't have to deal with this product. Now, if the product was free, I wouldn't mind having to use so much each time, but since it's not, I think water wins again - one flat rate for the whole household, so I might as well use as much as I want to wash off the mascara instead.

Thirdly, even after using 4-6 squirts on 4-6 different cotton balls, it still didn't remove all of my non-waterproof mascara. The next morning, I'm forced to carefully navigate my sleepy eyes with a treacherous q-tip. This product puts me at danger of losing an eyeball. Water never endangers my eyeballs. Three points for water.

After all that scrubbing with the 4-6 cotton balls and dangerous q-tips, I'm mortally afraid that this makeup remover will cause me to have premature wrinkles from tugging at my skin all the time. Water, however, does not cause wrinkles.

Ladies, we have a clear winner. If looking for a makeup remover, choose water. Even bottled water, if you want, because it'd still be a better use of your money than this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2008 12:45:00 AM More reviews by omfgitslisa

This is an okay eye-remover product. It's quite oily but it does the job. I'm not a big fan of the packaging because the container is so small, which makes the opening quite small as well. There's also not a lot of product in the container. Overall, it's alright. I would buy this again if I had no other choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 9:02:00 AM More reviews by yukony001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a pretty good product i love the solution and i would definitly buy this again the only problem is that the bottle is soo small i go threw it like all the time next time i buy it im going to buy two at once, lol buy overal pretty good product. worth re-buying
EDIT: ok I like neutogena remover better