November 24, 2014 | 1998 users online

Other - Crest - 3D Professional Effects White Strips

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by annalynn77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First let me say if you are not getting results from these YOU are either doing something wrong or your teeth are beyond any help other than professional.. These strips work AMAZING!! I get asked a lot how I got my teeth so white and had others run out and buy these with the same spectacular results..wear them for the stated time, do not drink anything while they are on and use them constantly you can't go wrong..LOVE these lil wonders..

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by bowlspice

I once did the two hour express one, and seen no difference. BUT. I bought a 10 pack of these of ebay for £20 and have so far used 8. WOW such a huge difference, I feel so much more confident about smiling. You do get some sensitivity but its so worth it. For the gums you can't really avoid this, but what i do is i cut the strips to just fit the fronts of my teeth and then apply. This is because when you bend over teeth biting down will not hurt. I did this with the last 6 strips and had no pain.

If you are really insecure about your yellow teeth. GET THESE. if they were 3x the price i'd still buy them!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have an unhealthy addiction to coffee. I just love it. My teeth were always on the yellow side, but as late, particularly yellow. I don't smoke, or drink wine...but I'm sure I'm eating and drinking alot of things that contribute to yellowing my teeth.

Firstly, I have had professional whitening done in my dental office and had little, to basically no results for over $100. I couldn't handle the product on my teeth for any longer than 30 minutes. For the next 4 or 5 days I had sharp pains running through the depths of each tooth, and they were so sensitive, even to air.

A couple years later (being now) I decided that I'd try these strips. My twin said they work amazing and didn't hurt. Being twins, I believed this because basically everything about us, teeth included are the same! I actually saw decent results after 3 days. I didn't have any sensitivity at all! Immediately when I starting using the strips, I also used to 3D glamour effect tooth paste. The results are amazing. For under $100 I had achieved a nice white smile. I remember my parents spending a fortune on braces for me too. Braces only do so much unless your teeth are white! I just finished 9 days and my teeth are beautiful! I feel alot better about my smile! I'm so happy I tried these and recommend to anyone! These worked far better than the in office treatment! :) the only thing is, my teeth are ginormous and I wish the top strip was a mm longer :) hardly an issue though!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I used as directed and it provided me some amazing results. I am not a smoker or a heavy coffee drinker but I had some not so pleasant yellow permanent teeth that were like that ever since I can remember.
Whilst wearing the whitening strips I had a LOT of gum discomfort, it literally felt like my gums were on fire or something; the tooth sensitivity was so bad I had dreams were I saw myself with not teeth (the pain could have been translated into dreams during night time). But I sucked it up and completed the treatment, I'm so glad I did.
I have a super white smile and I get compliments on it all the time. I have suggested this product to my friends.
I used this almost a year ago and the results are still noticeable, compliments are still coming. I use the Crest Whitening Strips Vivid White from time to time to maintain the whiteness of my teeth.
On a side note: On an appointment with my dentist I asked about the safety of these treatments and she said she did not recommend them because they really weaken the enamel and the long term damage is irreversible. It might not be obvious now but it will be in the future, she said. So you have to be careful not to abuse this product and always follow instructions. I read on one of the comments below someone used 6 boxes (46 strips) in a time range of 10 hours and I couldn't help but squint at the abuse the peroxide must have made to her teeth.
Regardless of anything, this product is quite amazing when used properly. It's really a self esteem booster. I LOVE it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by rose313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Used the entire package, followed all the instructions, and it literally did not whiten my teeth, not even a shade. My teeth are not super stained, just a normal shade of off-whitish with somewhat of a yellow tint, so it should have worked for me. After using for a couple weeks it started to irritate my gums.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I have had professional molds done in the past (nite white) and these stripes are equal if not better. At a fraction of the cost!
They can make teeth sensitive for a while but using sensitive toothpaste settles that down.
I have gotten my sister onto them too. Pity they are not sold in Australia, bless internet shopping!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

So, I am not impressed with this product. I don't know if I am an exception, but this had very minimal effect on my teeth. I thought that the strips were really pricey. I have gone through 30-some professional 3D whitening strips in a couple of months. I noticed the sensitivity of my teeth, but it wasn't painful.

I swore off all teeth whitening products after these strips. Though now I am using a whitening pen, and it is amazing!

So, I wouldn't recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Toddster63

THIS REVIEW IS FOR: INTENSIVE PROFESSIONAL EFFECTS TEETH WHITENING STRIPS, 7 COUNT (rated as the strongest Crest strip available over the counter)

I am posting my experience with the Intensive Professional Effects White strips as it is extreme, but may help others. First off my teeth were very neglected: 25 years of smoking (up to 2 packs a day), with no polishing or whitening before this experience. I stopped smoking 3 years ago and have been using the Crest 3-D (also with peroxide) mouth wash, and the Crest 3-D toothpaste. My teeth were a decent light yellow, though not too dark.

I USED 6 (SIX) BOXES of the Intensive Professional Effects White strips over 10 days, 42 strips in total. i did as many as 5 strips in one day. I left them all on for 2 hours as directed, which is very easy. They really stay put, even allowing you to drink and talk normally I even wore them out into public--no one can tell if you don't smile. The most dramatic whitening was after the first two boxes, but my teeth did get whiter and whiter, though more slowly, with each strip. By the last 6th box, the effect was getting less and less. My teeth have come out very, very pale light yellow tinted ivory with white highlights in sunlight, but often look much whiter under artificial light. Under warmer (non full spectrum) fluorescent lights, or under incandescent light, or overcast sunlight in the shade, my teeth can look almost white-white. I feel MUCH more better--worlds better!--about smiling now and showing my teeth. These strips do make a difference, even if you only use one box rather than going for white-white broke like I did...!

I did experience a little bit of tooth and gum sensitivity, but VERY minor indeed. Usually with very hot (soup) and very cold foods (ice cream). Also on the days I did 4-5 strips, my gums would be indeed upset after the 3rd strip (particularly if they were right in a row), but they calmed down immediately after the strip was removed. It's been a few days since the last strip, and the negative sensitivity is almost completely gone. For a few days my Crest 3-D Mouth wash (also with hydrogen peroxide) would make my gums slightly speak up unhappily, but now even that is gone. I do seem to have a "harder" mouth, stronger enamel, than most, and am much less sensitive. But for sure--doing much more (6 boxes in 10 days!) than the recommend one box per year did not increase my sensitivity issues at all, or cause me any harm at all. Even at doing 5 strips per day I kept expecting a little more pain or sensitivity issues, but they just never materialized. I consider this a very safe product even if over-used in a very short period of time.

I think I can safely say that these strips are SAFE, even with heavy doses, much higher usage than Crest recommends. Again, I used 6 boxes (42 strips total) over 10 days. I am happy with the outcome, but again my teeth were moderately yellow, and while much better, they are not typing paper white even with this much strip usage. But they can look almost white at times and make me much more confident with my smile.

(P.S. I got mine on sale, and with a coupon, for under $40 per box!)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by lovisah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love love love it! Get a lot of compliments on my "colgate smile"

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by hazelblackolive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These strips are good if you're looking to go about 3 shades whiter. After about 5 uses they hit a plateau and stop whitening your teeth, and you probably won't want to continue using them anyway because they start to become quite painful by causing tooth sensitivity. I would buy them again and use them 5 times, after which point I'll pass them onto friends. If I wanted to go more than 3 shades whiter I would go professional - I think it's the only way to truly create that blinding, Hollywood-esque difference.