July 29, 2014 | 1891 users online

Other - Crest - 3D Professional Effects White Strips

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Colorlicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I discovered these strips on the internet a few years ago, but I was afraid to buy them on ebay, so I waited patiently until 2 years ago when I moved to Canada for a while and bought them.
I'm a smoker and even though I take care of my teeth, they weren't white like I wanted them to be. I bought this kit and used it daily for 2 weeks, taking pictures daily to see the difference. It's amazing, really! I didn't know this was possible until I saw it with my own eyes. My teeth were so white they looked like in commercials. There was a huge difference between they way they had been before and the way there were afterwards. It lasted a few months and then they started to get back to normal; so I began using the strips again. Now if you use them daily and have sensitive teeth, it stings a bit. There's no need to do that so often. Normally within 2 weeks the teeth look beautiful and there's no need to keep whitening them until they look like they're made of plastic.
The price is pretty high, but I would buy this over and over again for sure. I love my stripes and my white teeth. Big smile, so you can see it :D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by MissYumi

I've been in the dental field for over 10 years and I always tell my friends that want their teeth whitened to start with the white strips first before choosing professional teeth bleaching. That way they can see if they have any tooth sensitivity from the strips. I've done white strips, straight peroxide, professional bleaching, etc. Everyone has a different set of teeth, some people have thicker enamel (meaning less tooth sensitivity to hot/cold) or thin enamel (major tooth sensivity). If you have sensitive teeth don't leave the strips on for a long time (or try a different method) then for sure you're going to experience discomfort. I feel these strips are excellent for the price, it does what it says and for me it works great - whitens my teeth just how I want them to be without any tooth pain afterwards. Highly recommended for people that want to save money on teeth whitening and want to see good results fast. Remember "beauty is pain."

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I get suckered into these every time. Iíve bought a total of 4 or 5 boxes and used them over the course of around 3 years. Am I ever super wowed? Not really. I drink a lot of coffee, and, rather than fighting my caffeine addiction (okay, okay, my coffee-flavored milk and cream addictionóseriously, itís just liquid candy for adults), I try to justify that third (and 4th . . . 5th) cup by using these. I notice the biggest difference after just a few days of use, but ultimately the effects arenít super pronounced and donít last. After my last bout with this product, I donít think Iíll purchase again. I left them on for 45 minutes instead of the 30 specified in the instructions and my teeth absolutely ACHED. It was painful to go to sleep. And, worse, for DAYS afterward I was super sensitive to textures. Using an envelope opener made me shudder. I had to build boxes at work, and the sensation of cardboard scraping against cardboard made me want to die. It was a very unpleasant experience, plus these are pricey and not worth the minimal effects. I canít blame the product, as I did leave them on longer than I was supposed to, but this was because 30 minutes does nothing in terms of whitening for me.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I am on day 14(last day) with my 3D white strips. Yes, there has been some pain, but only on occasion and nothing a little advil wont take care of. I am satisfied with my results. I am a 4 cup a day coffee drinker ( I know, gross), so these things had to work extra hard. I feel like I may need to do another round in 6 months or so. Like, I feel like my teeth can be a little more white. My biggest complaint is the bottom strip. I mean, what is that about. It barely fits over more than like 3 teeth up front. Horrible design. Overall, I'm satisfied. I used the CVS brand a few months ago and they were awful, so going forward Im crest loyal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product totally works and delivers results!! My teeth have never looked so white, healthy, and youthful. I use these as directed on the box and immediately started to notice results, plus never experienced any irritation or sensitivity.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by BananaPanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So I've used these several times (though not necessarily complete treatments each time) and every time had a wonderful experience. I just bought them recently though for a pageant and I'm down to my last strip (which is tomorrow). My teeth look so white! My goal is always to have them as white as the white in my eyes (ridiculous I know) or close, and they are.

You will notice a difference after the first two days. I really suggest you sticking with the instructions, because before when I used them it didn't work as well spacing each strip every few days. Not sure why but just do it. But the reason before why I didn't use it every day is because of the sensitivity. I wouldn't even call it sensitivity, I'd call it pain. For some it's not so bad. For me it's really bad. I can barely drink anything hot or cold without using a straw. It just hurts, man. I've even waked up in the middle of the night with it hurting. But what hurts me even more is that I wear clear, plastic retainers every night, and the plastic constantly pressing against my teeth hurts. But as soon as you stop the treatment, the pain goes away. I've also noticed that the farther a part each time you use the kit is, the less pain you'll experience. So like if you do it once and do it again six months later, it'll hurt worse. Also you might have little white dots that are whiter than your teeth, like one or two, but they go away as well, as stated in the instructions.

Now I've had a lot of friends to get professional whitening. But somehow, their teeth are not as white as mine. This might also be because I brush like a fiend, but I'm just sayin'. To keep your smile SUPER white, I suggest doing this maybe once every year or two. I haven't done it in three years and I still got comments on how white my teeth were, but I'm a perfectionist. I've tried the mouthwash and toothpaste as well and they help. They also have a 3D white toothbrush, but honestly I don't see how that can make your teeth any whiter. *marketing scheme* But mainly just keep your teeth clean to keep up with your now beautiful smile.

Oh yeah, the price sucks, but it's worth it if you want a beautiful smile. As a matter of fact, I wish a whole lot more people would do this. I hate it when teeth aren't white. And most people's teeth aren't. It's just disgusting to me. Especially when buying this thing and using it is so easy. PLEASE people, buy this kit and do it and you will save people being disgusted at you.

Anyway, back to the price, I love couponing so here's the deal I cooked up: this product is usually $45 at cheap stores like Walmart, well at the pharmacy I work at it's normally $40. But this month it was on sale for $35. Since I work there I get a 15% discount, making it $30. Also this month you can get a mail in rebate on their site and save $10, making it now $20. Since it came with a 7 dollar coupon, I'll be purchasing another kit this month all in all for $14 dollars (usually around $50). And I was also hoping to have a coupon from the weekly paper, but one never showed up. Even though I don't need the kit now, I'll need it someday. Great product though. HG despite the pain.

EDIT: ok, if you plan on doing this, do NOT go to the dentist afterwards. I thought, oh, I'll schedule my next dentist appointment right after I get my teeth whitened, so DOUBLE WHAMMY my teeth are as white as antarctica in the winter! They are that white, but however, it HURT LIKE CRAZY. As soon as I stopped using the strips about five days ago the pain all went away instantly. But today I had to go to the dentist, and it was awful. SO painful. Right up there with braces pain. If not worse. Also my mouth bled a whole lot more than usual, not sure if that had to do with anything but it was a bit alarming to me. Now tonight, since I'm having to wear my retainers, they still HURT LIKE CRAP. What a stupid I've been. Hopefully this will go away but I feel like it won't go away till I can take a break from my retainers. Ugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by xtasteofimpact

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wonderful, a million times over. Would whiten nicotine and coffee stains like nobody's business. Wish they would re shape the bottom strips, and make the top strips longer. If you have a coupon and wait for a sale, they are not too outrageously priced.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by samiellis

These whitening strips are completely amazing!
When i was in high school i wore braces and when they were removed i did have slightly yellow teeth. I tried a bazillion products which claimed they could whiten my teeth, including toothpastes, gels, strips etc etc and not one of them worked and were a complete waste of money. I gave up and decided to save to have them professionally whitened by my dentist, which i had priced for £400. But in a last attempt to avoid the full price of professional whitening i decided to try these.
Now you cant buy these in Britain in shops, i don't know why but you have to get them online. So when they came and i had used them for around 3 days i could not believe the difference in my teeth. Even my mum was impressed enough to buy a pack which she claimed were "a waste of money" when i had told her i had purchased them.
Admittedly they do make your teeth somewhat sensitive when doing the treatment, but it does disappear once the treatment is finished, and to be honest the sensitivity is totally worth it for the effect they have on the whiteness of your teeth. Whenever mines felt sensitive i used Colgate pro-sensitive toothpaste which stopped the pain altogether!
I cant believe that there are people on here unimpressed with them because they have completely changed my smile and confidence, i tell EVERYONE about them! And the price is unbelievable considering how much it costs to have them done professionally!
If anyone on here is reviewing before buying, take the plunge, you will not regret it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by klasia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this product delivers.

i've had my teeth professionally bleached by the dentist (they used BriteSmile) and i can say this procedure and the Crest strips are comparable in some way--at least in my experience. if you are not willing to spend 600usd (the professional teeth whitening procedure cost this much here in Manila) and you are in no hurry, then opt for this product instead.

before the professional bleaching back in 2007, i used this once in a while (it was still packaged differently then) to brighten my teeth to prevent nicotine (back when i still had the nasty habit) and caffeine stains. the dentist actually was nice enough to tell me that i didn't need any bleaching at all. as far as looking at my teeth, he couldn't believe that i had unhealthy habits---this i give major credit to the Crest whitening strips and the crest whitening mouth rinse i used.

its been 5 years since that professional bleaching and i have now begun using this Crest strips again to whiten my teeth and i really see the difference. i am no longer going to go through the tiring hour-long professional bleaching as this does the job well over the course of 2 weeks. slowly but surely... and cheaply, too! will repurchase and repurchase when in need of teeth whitening.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by samm5163192

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never really expected anything from any brand of white strips, but my dentist recommended this to me so I tried. I'm so glad I did because this worked great and I have been getting so many compliments on my teeth now. Great product!