Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

3.7

salicylic acid 0.50% ingredients: methyl trimethicone [] water\aqua\eau [] dipropylene glycol [] alcohol denat. [] nylon-12 [] butylene glycol [] talc [] peg-10 dimethicone [] dimethicone [] trimethylsiloxysilicate [] silica [] laminaria saccharina extract [] calcium stearate [] isononyl isononanoate [] caffeine [] glycerin [] hydroxyapatite [] dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer [] sorbitan sesquioleate [] dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer [] triethoxycaprylylsilane [] quaternium-90 bentonite [] 10-hydroxydecanoic acid [] lecithin [] tocopherol [] sodium chloride [] tromethamine [] propylene carbonate [] alumina [] disodium edta [] sodium citrate [] phenoxyethanol [] [ /- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] mica]

on 11/7/2013 4:44:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

When i feel my skin's starting to act up, this is the foundation i reach for. It's very light and still gives a good coverage; though i must add that i don't have a severe acne problem, just a few blemishes once a month. It's perfect for everyday look, not visible under sunlight.

Formula has salicylic acid and caffeine in it. It didn't cure my blemishes but also didn't cause a breakout. It smells like some kind of tonic. That alcohol-ish smell which is nice, makes you feel like you're applying some acne medication on your face. When applied it dries down to a matte finish but does not control oil (nothing can/should control oil IMO, just blot your face every two hours and you'll be fine)

It doesn't provide any sun protection.

I use MUFE 108 large foundation brush to apply this and it goes on soooo smooth! (check that out it's an awesome brush :) )

I wish clinique would redesign foundation packaging. These squeeze bottles are very messy and not fit for a high quality makeup product.

on 11/6/2013 5:31:00 PM

This was recommended to me by a Shoppers DM Beautician. I don't think the salicylic acid in it does anything. However, It doesn't break me out (everything breaks me out!!), light coverage, blends well. It does not control oil, normal lasting power. I wouldn't call it HG however anything that doesn't break me out is a good find. I wear the lightest colour, normally in other brands I wear the second lightest colour.

on 10/23/2013 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Does not cause breakouts and feels super light, as if you are not wearing any foundation at all. However, coverage is light, though it is buildable and dries to a natural, glowy finish.

My main problem is that this stuff turns super red/pink after an hour or so of wear. I was matched to the color 03 and could not believe it when I saw my face in the mirror an hour after wearing it - it looked liked I had a sunburn! I ended up exchanging it for a shade lighter, so that it can darken to a shade more similar to my skin tone.

It looks like this is a common problem with others as well, so make sure to try a sample before your purchase just in case.

on 10/12/2013 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This made me really blotchy. The coverage was not great and I still broke out from it. The shade closest to my skin still made me look sorta red. Made my skin very oily, not worth the price.

on 9/26/2013 7:40:00 PM

I would buy this product again. I've been using it for around 3 years now and it DOES NOT break me out like some foundations. It's a safe "go to" foundation that can be worn daily.. Looks great with some translucent powder on top to give a great natural look and coverage of my acne scars..My skin gets pretty oily later in the day so I like to reapply powder later in the day

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I adore this foundation! It is very lightweight, provides decent coverage (I prefer using my concealer to cover up my imperfections rather than caking up on the foundation) and dries to a beautiful soft matte finish! I haven't found this to dramatically reduce my break outs, but it doesn't aggravate things either. I can at least feel safe while wearing makeup, knowing that my skin condition would not worsen. The packaging is tiny and super cute - perfect for traveling! The only downside to this is the colour range. I have quite fair skin (NC15-NC20) and the lightest shade in Fresh Alabaster matches me initially and then oxidises about 3 shades darker. Such a pity considering how in love I am with its formula. I am thinking about mixing an oil-free white base directly into the foundation bottle, perhaps using a syringe or something, as it's really annoying to have to mix foundation shades on a daily basis. We'll see how this goes...

on 9/16/2013 1:50:00 PM

I switched from a high end foundation to this, bc after pregnancy i have many breakouts. It provides even coverage of my acne, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a "solution." The formula does "mask" my pimples a one-step however. I have repurchased.

on 9/5/2013 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I have been using this product for about 2 years. So I have repurchased...... I reason being I was too afraid to try different foundations because this one didn't break me out.
But it didn't match my skin colour after it oxidized. It looked terrible. Cakes at the end of the day and the packaging is good but very messy.
For price it is reasonable but I felt it was over priced for the product I was getting. Again..

I only repurchased because it didn't irritate or break me out.
My undertone is olive and I have fair skin.
This foundation would be good for people with pink undertones.

on 8/30/2013 12:15:00 AM

so I started using this foundation for a week now and I have to say I really like it! I like the way it looks when im finished doesnt make me very oily nd im going to on keep on buying it till I find anything better

on 8/13/2013 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Less expensive than many similar foundations. Great coverage, works wonderfully in combination with powder to reduce the appearance of bumps, lines, and redness. However, it does nothing for acne. I have light acne on my jawline. I'd recommend Mac Mineralize over this one, since it's smoother and lighter, and has the same coverage. Just like MUFE Mat Velvet, you can't see what's left in your bottle, have an extra one if you feel like you're almost to the end especially if you're going away somewhere.