Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

3.7

salicylic acid 0.50% ingredients: methyl trimethicone [] water\aqua\eau [] dipropylene glycol [] alcohol denat. [] nylon-12 [] butylene glycol [] talc [] peg-10 dimethicone [] dimethicone [] trimethylsiloxysilicate [] silica [] laminaria saccharina extract [] calcium stearate [] isononyl isononanoate [] caffeine [] glycerin [] hydroxyapatite [] dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer [] sorbitan sesquioleate [] dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer [] triethoxycaprylylsilane [] quaternium-90 bentonite [] 10-hydroxydecanoic acid [] lecithin [] tocopherol [] sodium chloride [] tromethamine [] propylene carbonate [] alumina [] disodium edta [] sodium citrate [] phenoxyethanol [] [ /- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] mica]

on 11/6/2013 5:31:00 PM

This was recommended to me by a Shoppers DM Beautician. I don't think the salicylic acid in it does anything. However, It doesn't break me out (everything breaks me out!!), light coverage, blends well. It does not control oil, normal lasting power. I wouldn't call it HG however anything that doesn't break me out is a good find. I wear the lightest colour, normally in other brands I wear the second lightest colour.

on 10/23/2013 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Does not cause breakouts and feels super light, as if you are not wearing any foundation at all. However, coverage is light, though it is buildable and dries to a natural, glowy finish.

My main problem is that this stuff turns super red/pink after an hour or so of wear. I was matched to the color 03 and could not believe it when I saw my face in the mirror an hour after wearing it - it looked liked I had a sunburn! I ended up exchanging it for a shade lighter, so that it can darken to a shade more similar to my skin tone.

It looks like this is a common problem with others as well, so make sure to try a sample before your purchase just in case.

on 10/12/2013 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This made me really blotchy. The coverage was not great and I still broke out from it. The shade closest to my skin still made me look sorta red. Made my skin very oily, not worth the price.

on 9/26/2013 7:40:00 PM

I would buy this product again. I've been using it for around 3 years now and it DOES NOT break me out like some foundations. It's a safe "go to" foundation that can be worn daily.. Looks great with some translucent powder on top to give a great natural look and coverage of my acne scars..My skin gets pretty oily later in the day so I like to reapply powder later in the day

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I adore this foundation! It is very lightweight, provides decent coverage (I prefer using my concealer to cover up my imperfections rather than caking up on the foundation) and dries to a beautiful soft matte finish! I haven't found this to dramatically reduce my break outs, but it doesn't aggravate things either. I can at least feel safe while wearing makeup, knowing that my skin condition would not worsen. The packaging is tiny and super cute - perfect for traveling! The only downside to this is the colour range. I have quite fair skin (NC15-NC20) and the lightest shade in Fresh Alabaster matches me initially and then oxidises about 3 shades darker. Such a pity considering how in love I am with its formula. I am thinking about mixing an oil-free white base directly into the foundation bottle, perhaps using a syringe or something, as it's really annoying to have to mix foundation shades on a daily basis. We'll see how this goes...

on 9/16/2013 1:50:00 PM

I switched from a high end foundation to this, bc after pregnancy i have many breakouts. It provides even coverage of my acne, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a "solution." The formula does "mask" my pimples a one-step however. I have repurchased.

on 9/5/2013 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I have been using this product for about 2 years. So I have repurchased...... I reason being I was too afraid to try different foundations because this one didn't break me out.
But it didn't match my skin colour after it oxidized. It looked terrible. Cakes at the end of the day and the packaging is good but very messy.
For price it is reasonable but I felt it was over priced for the product I was getting. Again..

I only repurchased because it didn't irritate or break me out.
My undertone is olive and I have fair skin.
This foundation would be good for people with pink undertones.

on 8/30/2013 12:15:00 AM

so I started using this foundation for a week now and I have to say I really like it! I like the way it looks when im finished doesnt make me very oily nd im going to on keep on buying it till I find anything better

on 8/13/2013 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Less expensive than many similar foundations. Great coverage, works wonderfully in combination with powder to reduce the appearance of bumps, lines, and redness. However, it does nothing for acne. I have light acne on my jawline. I'd recommend Mac Mineralize over this one, since it's smoother and lighter, and has the same coverage. Just like MUFE Mat Velvet, you can't see what's left in your bottle, have an extra one if you feel like you're almost to the end especially if you're going away somewhere.

This foundation (like many Clinique products) is great for my sensitive skin, it doesnt break me out, like most would. I haven't been using it for long, and I'm also currently using the 3 Step Acne Solutions System so I can't say how well it works on acne by itself. But, I'm sure it would be good with use over time. The coverage is moderate like the bottle says. The bottle also says it is builable, but it isnt forgiving to my dry spots, and doesn't look good on them. Overall it's a very good foundation. Pros: ·Good for sensitive skin ·Won't break you out ·As far as high end makeup goes, price isn't bad. It's $27 and a little goes a lonh way so the 1 oz. bottle lasts ·Non cakey ·Natural finish ·Helps acne over time ·Mattifies my oily spots, and I never shine through it. Cons: ·Not great on dry skin ·Wish it had a pump but a pointed tip is much better than a big non-hygienic hole ·Color range isnt as great as for some of their other lines. It tends to leave a white cast in flash photography. It might be because of my warm undertones ·