September 17, 2014 | 1905 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by rose313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Less expensive than many similar foundations. Great coverage, works wonderfully in combination with powder to reduce the appearance of bumps, lines, and redness. However, it does nothing for acne. I have light acne on my jawline. I'd recommend Mac Mineralize over this one, since it's smoother and lighter, and has the same coverage. Just like MUFE Mat Velvet, you can't see what's left in your bottle, have an extra one if you feel like you're almost to the end especially if you're going away somewhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Leslieredlips

This foundation (like many Clinique products) is great for my sensitive skin, it doesnt break me out, like most would. I haven't been using it for long, and I'm also currently using the 3 Step Acne Solutions System so I can't say how well it works on acne by itself. But, I'm sure it would be good with use over time. The coverage is moderate like the bottle says. The bottle also says it is builable, but it isnt forgiving to my dry spots, and doesn't look good on them. Overall it's a very good foundation. Pros: ·Good for sensitive skin ·Won't break you out ·As far as high end makeup goes, price isn't bad. It's $27 and a little goes a lonh way so the 1 oz. bottle lasts ·Non cakey ·Natural finish ·Helps acne over time ·Mattifies my oily spots, and I never shine through it. Cons: ·Not great on dry skin ·Wish it had a pump but a pointed tip is much better than a big non-hygienic hole ·Color range isnt as great as for some of their other lines. It tends to leave a white cast in flash photography. It might be because of my warm undertones ·

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2013 5:13:00 AM More reviews by mohnny

I have very oily skin and acne everywhere. I had really bad acne a couple of years ago but now I have occasional break outs. This make up doesn't make me break out. I sleep with it sometimes (because I am too tired to take it off) and I notice my face a little bit more clear in the morning. It has a weird smell but it goes away after a couple of seconds. The coverage is perfect but you do have to use moisturizer because sometimes if your skin is dry, it will not go where you want it to go. Overall its a really good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by Demureinaka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love foundations for acne skin. I have acne prone skin so I need all the help I can get. I like coverage skin tone is pretty good even if its a little pink for me. I don't like that it does not have a pump. Price is not to bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by acfranco08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne-prone, and sensitive skin, so it is very difficult for me to find a foundation that won't break me out, yet will still give me good coverage. My old dermatologist recommended this to me, and I am so thankful to her for that! Since it contains salicylic acid, it cleared up some of the problem areas around my face. I wouldn't advise you to dab a huge amount on cystic acne, but I know that applying this foundation on acne did not cause my pimples to get worse (like many other foundations do). Although it is always recommended to lay off the foundation when we're breaking out, it's a huge plus to me to have a foundation that improves the texture and appearance of my skin.

The only small downside of this foundation is that it can be a bit drying. Like I said, I have oily skin, but this foundation dried up my skin around my cheeks, mouth, and eyes. This is a result of the salicylic acid, so a good moisturizer should be used with this.

As a department store foundation, I believe the price is not too bad compared to Lancome, Estee Lauder, and other make-up brands that have non-comedogenic/hypo-allergenic foundations.

I definitely recommend this product to anyone suffering from acne-prone, sensitive, and oily skin. You'll definitely notice the difference on your bare face!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by artsymi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't find this foundation helped my acne at all. It does provide pretty good coverage (I would say medium to full) and I found it kept me relatively oil-free throughout the day. But it also runs quite red/pink. If you are more warm toned, beware - as you may not find a perfect match for your skin tone.

As much as it didn't case more breakouts and stayed all day, I wouldn't buy this again. It's not worth the expensive price tag and I think there are better foundations for acne prone skin on the market.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by haleyh555

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

i have very dry skin from strong acne products so this acne treatment didnt really do any good me. i had to make sure to really moisturize before using it. also it was really hard to make it not look cakey and thick but it gave pretty good coverage although it was pretty yellow and it stays on pretty well but not good for sports

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by sll74

after years of wearing mineral (powder) makeup i wanted to try something different. i wanted something that didn't look as flat but didn't make me look oily either. anyway, i was going to try a revlon foundation but decided i wanted something i could try on at a counter. i went to sephora and tried this foundation on in fresh golden and it looked great. i have yellow undertones, brown skin. i set it with their loose powder and carry the oil free compact in spice in my purse. it looks perfect. clinique isn't cheap but my skin looked healthy and vibrant. the amount of salicylic acid in this is really low, only 0.5% but it's there. the foundation is oil free but i don't look flat. i let it dry, apply concealer if needed and then set with the powder. it lasts all day and even through naps :-) the bottle seems pretty small so i don't know how long it will last but for now i'm happy. i live in a very humid climate and for me it doesn't run or anything. i apply some to the back of my hand then use a flat but large foundation brush using big, full strokes covering my whole face. i would recommend this for those with oily or acne prone skin. no complaints. i think since it's the acne foundation they are probably more careful not to add ingredients that can be triggers. i'll keep using this and see how my skin responds in cooler temps when fall/winter rolls around.

** update i still think this is a good foundation but the color was a little yellow on my skin. i switched to the matte foundation and have had good results with the formula and the color is a better match **

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 6:33:00 AM More reviews by Stephyville

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product personally because it has great coverage. However it does not help clear up my acne but it does not cause acne. I been using this product for 3 years now and I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by tmal

I have Very mixed feelings about this foundation. For one it is pricey and two it doesn't help my acne worth a woot. In fact my skin almost looks worth. But the coverage is nice which gives me the mixed emotions. It doesn't last long though, I probably won't be buying this for a second time.