October 20, 2014 | 1917 users online

Cleansers - Yes To Carrots - Yes To Cucumbers Face Cleanser Towelettes

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by lkjhg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I simply can't understand how these soft feeling wipes (made for sensitive skin) are leaving my face burning red after use! You also can't use them around your eyes, which for me is the whole point of using a wipe - that it's a quick all-in-one cleanser. So I definitely wouldn't recommend that you buy them without trying them first.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I don't have sensitive skin but these burned my face. I had to immediately run and splash my face with cold water but the burning sensation did not fade quickly. I read similar reviews where burning is felt but I sometimes think people exaggerate when writing reviews so I ignored it. I totally understand now! I even contacted the manufacturer, something I had never done about a beauty product. Their Customer Service was really attentive and offered for me to speak to their chemist and review the ingredients. For obvious reasons, I could not assess how well they remove makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Molls32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I honestly was very disappointed with this product.
First, the packaging wouldn't stay shut so the wipes had a tendency to dry out.
Second, it burned my eyes/skin. Not very good as far as wipes go.
Could be because I have sensitive and dry skin, but I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by michmichelle

I thought these wipes would be really good as I had watched many great review and a few of my friends had recommended them to me. But they didn't remove my mascara very well, I had to keep rubbing them to get it off. My skin turned very red around the under eye area and also my skin started stinging even though I don't have sensitive skin, I haven't experienced this with any other product. I do not recommend these and was very disappointed that these wipes as I was really hopeful and bought the full 30 pack.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by kayliexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use these to break down my foundation and remove my eyemakeup before I actually cleanse my face. I have sensitive skin and I find unless my skin is really irritated for any reason (like after exfoliating or using a cleanser with sulfates) that these do not make my face sting. In fact, they are very gentle on my eyes and I am able to do a thorough eye makeup removal without my eyes burning or watering. I would always cleanse or at least rinse after using these, though. And at the same price as every other generic facial wipe (Olay, neutrogena, garnier) I think I'll stick with these for now.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2014 5:05:00 AM More reviews by lonedove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have to agree with the others -- these burn, at least if you have sensitive skin. I also have rosacea which may account for the sting. At least it doesn't last long. They do a so-so job of removing makeup and I do like the packaging, but I wouldn't repurchase unless there was no alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by pinktigerr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use these in the evening to remove the majority of my face makeup before washing my face. While they are quite moist, I do like to wet them with a bit of additional water from the sink to make them most effective (however I've done this with most facial wipes I've tried so it's a personal preference). I particularly like how these have a plastic lid to help retain the moisture in the pack. The wipes smell nice and don't cause any breakouts on my skin. Other reviews have mentioned a burning sensation but I definitely don't get that. I will most likely be repurchasing these.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

Oh man I thought it was just me! I agree with everyone else saying these burned like hell!!! Stay far away if you have sensitive skin D: I really wanted to like these seeing as they're all natural and you'd think the cucumber and aloe would be really soothing but it did nothing but burn and irritate my skin. I saw a lot of foundation make up coming off but then when I looked closely on my face there was still a lot of make up there. I had to really rub hard to get the make up off, which isn't good for your face. I'm totally returning these. Such a disappointment. I have yet to find a good make up remover for very sensitive and acne prone skin. The search continues.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by 75LAUREN75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love using makeup wipes as a "first cleanse" and have tried many different brands (high end and low end). These seemed promising, as I love cucumber scented anything and they said "soothing" and "for sensitive skin."

I have combination skin and these burned like no tomorrow! They really sting and definitely are far from soothing! They also are not very moist, which is a definite bummer if you are trying to use them as a complete cleanse.

Not recommended, sad I have a whole 40 pack. Maybe will use them in the car as hand wipes?

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by charmedmanic

Unfortunately I have had the same experience as many others. I bought a small 10 pack after all the rave reviews and boy am I glad I didn't get the full 30. They may take my makeup off but it freaking hurts! In addition to stinging, my entire face and neck turned red and inflamed, it looks similar to a heat rash. Please read these reviews and test them before wiping it all over your face. Really disappointed.