MAC Lipglass - Lovechild

4.4

on 1/5/2009 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I usually like plummy lipcolors, but I just hate Lovechild. It's a dark muddy plum with some gold shimmer on my unpigmented lips. I wish it was sheerer and had a bit of rosiness to it. Dior Creme de Gloss in Fig Nectar is everything I wanted this shade to be; a pinky plum MLBB. The Lipglass formula gets 3 lipsticks: it's pigmented and long-lasting, albeit very sticky.

Wow! This is the best lipgloss I have ever used, it's so shiny and long lasting. Not to mention the brandname, I'm a huge fan of mac makeup. It's a little pricey but the product is worth it. It's so glamerous and pretty. Although there is no scent or flavor I love the shimmer and sparkles that you can get in particular lipglosses. This is a gloss I would reccomend to all of my friends, it's just so pretty.

on 12/29/2008 3:40:00 PM

I am sososososo picky about my lip colours... I'm basically either a red lippie or a rosy/plum lippie person (which means I either wear red or a lip colour that's my normal lip colour or just a hint darker). This one really pretty. It's plummy, while erring on the purple side, with gold shimmer and is a bit darker than my natural lip colour. It's a sticky gloss, so it stays on well and it doesn't give that coloured rim around the edges of your lips. I lightly dab the sponge-tip (which I think is a huge packaging flaw because it's unhygenic) on my clean lips and then smoosh my lips together to blend and spread it out, rather than use the sponge-tip to accomplish that. It can settle into the lines of my lips...but no one's really gonna notice that. Lipglasses can be a bit drying on my already-dry lips, but that just means I need to find a better lip conditioner. Texture is smooth and even. Love this gloss.

on 6/28/2008 1:01:00 PM

By all laws of nature, this color should look horrible on me. It's a beautiful cool-toned purple which, in my red-headed freckled world, should cause people to shriek in horror as they see me. Instead it looks fantastic! Perhaps it's because there seems to be an undertone of gold, but whatever the reason, I'll take it! It is also pretty long-wearing for a glossy!

on 6/24/2008 9:48:00 AM

I adore this lipglass! It's a gorgeous cool-toned plum shade with a hint of mauve, and very subtle gold shimmer. It has the usual vanilla lipglass smell (which I love!), and has great lasting power. I wear it with Plum Royale creamstick liner, which looks perfect with it! My lips look very full and luscious when I have this on. When I wear more plummy blushes, like Flirt and Tease, this is a perfect complement to the blush. Will definitely repurchase!

on 6/18/2008 6:20:00 PM

Love this lipgloss. Use it almost everyday. It is a nice mauve pink and goes with just about anything. Makes my lips nice a full looking, always get lots of compliements when wearing it. I wear it with a matching liner. I re-purchase this gloss over and over again.

This was one of my first MAC purchases and I still really like it. It's a mauve berry w/ gold shimmer color that works really well w/ my tanned skin and dark hair. would repurchase if I didn't love my Kisskiss gloss in Figue Plaisir (which is a color dupe but better texture)

on 5/4/2008 4:18:00 AM

This is the shiniest, glossiest, heaviest, most fabulous lipgloss i've ever tried. Some people would say it is too sticky and heavy but i love it- it makes the lips look heaps fuller and glossier and the tube lasts ages because you don't need to use much. Worth every cent.
The shade really makes my lips stand out and i think it would work well with any skin tone (except maybe asian) as it is a rich, glossy plum colour. The only problem i ever have with this gloss is my hair sticking to it -so don't wear it on a windy day.

on 4/10/2008 2:26:00 AM

Well, i rarely use lip gloss alone, so it works well with my SHU natural pink lipstick (#366). It adds dimensions and is not loud. Love it

on 4/9/2008 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

All signs were saying Lovechild lipglass would work for me. A high product review rating and a MAC SA telling me it would be good for me. She wasn't the type to lie, either. I find this lipglass to not be my taste, I would describe it as being MLBSB - My Lips But Slightly Better. And pearlier. That may be misleading - Lovechild may not be slightly better. It doesn't have enough color to pop. I'm of the opinion that it makes my Asian skintone look yellower.

Not buying this again and as soon as I get a chance, I'll return it to Nordstrom. Thank goodness for their flexible return policy.

Popular Lip Glosses