July 30, 2014 | 2201 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 5:08:00 AM More reviews by shygirl7

I've had this brush for about 9 months. I've only started using it now and I'm in love with it. I love the guartenteed longevity that a brush provides. At first, I did not love this brush because the texture of my skin was so bumpy, foundation applied horribly. I like my foundation to look natural, and using this brush left my face looking far from natural. Don't get me wrong, you can still use this brush, but you'll need to spray the brush with mac's fix +.

Now that my face is more even and smooth, I love this brush. I don't need mac fix + anymore for my foundation to look natural. This blends and buffs my foundation into my face beautifully. The flat edges make it easy to get into the tight contours of my face.

I love the look of this brush! It's handle is a shiny, black, and kind of stubby. It's got an almost rainbow-metallic lettering saying "Sigma Flat Kabuki - F80". The bristles are so soft and the brush head is flat and very dense. Also, the bristles are synthetic, not natural, so the brush does not soak up any of your foundation! With the density of the brush, cleaning this baby is quite a task! But don't be discouraged, thoroughly cleaning it is possible.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Ldercole

I have been using the Mac 130 brush for a couple years now and have loved the overall look and finish it provided me with. Then I decided to try out the Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki brush after hearing people rave all about it on YouTube. I am in LOVE with it. This brush has proven to me that I can achieve an even better FLAWLESS finish than my MAC brush did. This brush spreads out my foundation in a beautiful buffed way and leaves my skin looking airbrushed. It looks like I will be tossing my MAC brush as the F80 brush is even better. I have dry/combination skin and sometimes when applying foundation it would cling to some dry patches. I blamed the foundation. However, after using this brush, it spreads out my foundation perfectly and does not cause my foundation to stick to any dry patches, making it clear that brushes are critical to your overall makeup look. This product is AMAZING!! Just purchase the Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki brush. You won't be disappointed. Xo.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by TwiPixie

This was my first ever online purchase because I couldn't pass on the hype. That was 6 years ago.
My first F80 lasted me 6 years, it isn't a lifetime but I used it every single day, washed it countless times and took it with me travelling a lot. So the brush lasted me a lot and I just repurchased backups because I cannot live without it.
On to the brush itself: when it first arrives to you house it comes with a plastic guard around it which is fine to use if you dont have a brush guard, it doesn't usually lose its shape after whasing but it's nice to keep it clean and all.
It is incredibly soft while being SO dense. This is a game changer! I think it completely changes the way your foundation looks, sits and stays. I have quite a lot of foundations that just dont sit well or dont last long and when I apply them with this brush it's a different story. I use them for every foundation I own (not the same brush without at least wash it before switching produts; powder, liquid, cream...) and it's flawless. I does give you more coverage but it also blends it better so you don't look cakey or overdone. The famous airbrushed effect.
The foundations I use the most are the MUFE face and body (this brush + this foundation = perfection), Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum and MAC Pro Longwear Foundation.
It's a pain to wash because it is SO dense but it's worth it, take your time washing it and make sure every last bit of your cleansing product is out. Also, the dirtier the brush gets the harder it is to work with and get the same results so do clean it often, or, if you can afford it, have backups. In between washes I desinfect it with some tea tree oil spray, it doesn't clean it in any way but it does take care of the bacteria.
Now, you can find dupes. I'm not gonna lie I spent a good amount of money looking for cheaper alternatives but I don't think anything really ever compares. Even the beloved elf powder brush... meh. It's not even half as dense or soft, the coverage is not the same, the finish is different... It will do, but it's not a real dupe.
All and all I can safely say this is *the* brush on my collection and Sigma really stepped up their game with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by zombiesxomg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best brush ever. Very soft, dense brush. Smooth application for both my liquid and mousse foundations. Does. Not. Shed. Lasts a long time. I've had two in the past like 3 years I've been using it. I use a Sonia Kashuk brush cleaning spray on it every once in awhile. It works fine with it. I have dry skin and don't like to cake makeup on, so I don't have to wash it very often. I lay it out to dry overnight.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by thatmakeupgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVELOVELOVE this brush. It is beyond soft and makes your foundation go on smoothly. I recommend it to any one that needs a good make up brush. I just recently started testing out different brushes and this is the best. It is worth every cent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first foundation brush that I would repurchase if it broke or got lost. That's saying a lot, I've tried many different companies and many different foundation brushes. This one is the best!! Sigma brushes really do put Mac's to shame. Mac brushes shed & the quality just isn't there for what ur paying. I've had the F80 brush for at least a year now & I honestly don't think it's ever shed once. I wash it every week using a mild shampoo from Sephora or sometimes baby shampoo. My only complaint would be that certain foundations are very difficult to get out. It does get some build up in the center of the brush and it's very hard to get out. But with that being said, it still is the best foundation brush on the market and I will probably always have this brush in my collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Hollie08

This brush is great for applying foundation. It gives a nice even application, but doesn't sheer out coverage. I love it and definately would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by margokissy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was the first foundation brush I bought when I switched back to liquid foundation a couple months ago. Naturally, I read a lot of reviews about different brushes that could be used to stipple...and this one had glowing reviews.

I figured I'd order it off Sigma's website since it was a good price and I didn't know if I was going to like the technique or the way it looked, etc.

The F80 definitely applies foundation nicely and evenly. But...if you have oily skin, and start shampooing it every other day, it falls apart very quickly. I probably got a month out of this before I had to throw it away. In the meantime, the brush lost its softness.

I most likely will never purchase another Sigma brush because of the quality issues I had. If anyone reading this is looking for a good liquid foundation brush, I recommend Urban Decay's Good Karma Optical Blurring...it's only $4 more and it will last you!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Sandy01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Excellent foundation brush. Gives you a perfect flawless finish. You do not need a lot of product and this brush blends your foundation in beautifully! I would highly recommend this brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This brush is an absolute essential for me. I use it for EVERYTHING -- powder foundation, pressed powder, cream foundation, liquid foundation, loose minerals. It's amazing! The quality is superb. I love that it's soft to the touch but still firm enough for precise applications. Definitely a staple product for any beauty junkie.