October 31, 2014 | 1532 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sephora - Professional Mineral Powder Brush #45

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This brush is fantastic! Its multifunctional and its reasonably priced at $26 USD. Sephoraís brush line is very impressive and this brush is no exception. I have never had any problems with shedding. I donít use it for mineral powder; I prefer a brush that is fluffier. I use it for foundation, bb cream, powder blush, cream blush, and blending out. I took one lippie off since itís a battle to clean. I think I would cry if I ever lost this brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by portakalis

I use it for my liquid foundations and also for bb cream, I can't believe how a brush can make wonders of a cheap rubbish foundation. I clean it with Johnson's baby shampoo and had no problem like hair falling etc. Don't waste your money on expensive brushes, try these ones first.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by diazsama

I use this for my liquid foundation and it works amazingly well. I use a medium coverage foundation and I maximize my flawless coverage with this brush. I find that it picks up the makeup and distributes it very well. My only con is that it's difficult to clean. I use baby shampoo to clean all my mac brushes but I feel like the product never washes away from this brush. Still - I'm very with this brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

OMG do I ever LOVE Sephora. I had never tried their brushes but went in there today and noticed this one. I don't like mineral makeup but I do wear powder foundation daily and figured it was a good idea to invest in a good brush. Is this brush ever beautiful. It feels amazing and is awesome when used to apply powder foundation. I am in love and will seriously consider investing in more Sephora brushes. Update: I recently tried this with liquid foundation and it works amazingly well! It blends in very effortlessly and makes your skin look super smooth and natural. I love this brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I love this brush. It's very easy to clean and blends well with my mineral powder. I'll admit that when I saw it online I thought the brush would be bigger so when I saw it in the store I was iffy about getting it, but I thought wth so I got it anyways. I ended up loving it. I just dip it in my mineral powder and apply it in circular motions on my face and it works great. Price is "ok" considering I've purchased more expensive brushes in the past and they never worked as good.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by blua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Went to Sephora this weekend not really looking into getting anything, but ended up walking out with Nars Funny Face lipstick and this in hand. First off, it's extremely soft and I find it ultra luxurious! It was $34 which isn't as expensive as MAC brushes.

I bought it because I wanted a new brush to try out , but still pretty pricey. I use it for liquid foundation (although it says mineral brush). It's dense, but I find it eats my foundation, so to speak, so I'll have to try using it to put on my primer or moisturizer first.

So far I haven't had any problems. I spot cleaned it and notice that it still retained my foundation. So I'm going to assume that the only con is cleaning this thoroughly.

I'll update if there's anything that comes up. Also, after I bought this I walked through the Bay and saw that Shiseido had a brush that was almost like this (shorter and flat top vs. a more tapered end) and it was slanted (apparently to help with the cervices of the face, i.e. nose area/eye area) It was $33 and I was contemplating on getting it. Except I heard that Shisheido tested on animals (Is that true? Can anybody let me know?) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by blondex199667

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't have a lot of brushes (5, I think) but they are all Sephora. I've been happy with them all, but I do not understand why they don't come with a case, or at least a brush cover. But I digress...
I despise mineral foundation, but this is the best blending brush you could ever ask for. It really gives a fantastic buff without smearing everything up. This is really just a great brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love it! Picked up this little brush a couple of weeks ago on the recommendation of a Sephora Salesperson. She said she used it for her liquid foundation and her makeup looked great so I bought it. At first I used it to apply my MUF foundation and I liked the results. Then I decided to try it with my mineral foundation even though I hadn't wore mineral foundation for months because I had become less than satisfied with how it looked on me. I can't believe how much better my mineral foundation looks when I apply it with this brush! It looked so good that I have set aside my liquid foundation and have gone back to wearing the mineral make up daily.

This brush is great for buffing in mineral foundation. As a previous reviewer said, it does pick up and lay down a lot of product so you do have to be careful about that, but the firm dense bristles do a great job of blending the minerals. My mineral powder just seems to melt right into my skin and the end result is even well covered but still natural healthy looking skin. I am definitely purchasing another one of these handly little brushes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by t0asty

I actually did not like this brush at all -- I bought one for use with my BE foundation and it's too dense and packs on too much makeup concentrated in ONE spot. As a result, even though my foundation color is a perfect match for it, all the mineral powder packed into each area made me look absolutely white! Maybe I'm not using this brush correctly? I still prefer a bigger fluffy brush for lighter coverage, and I returned this for the Sephora #55 HD air brush (which the Sephora SA used on me and my makeup looked so flawless I had to keep glancing at my reflection when passing mirrors).

EDIT - So I just tried this with liquid foundation instead of powder, which I've been forced to use instead due to now being on Accutane giving me super dry skin. LOVE!!! Buffs the liquid foundation into my skin so beautifully, but not AS beautifully as I would like, still leave some traces of "brush marks" if you know what I mean, maybe it's just my foundation drying too quickly. But anyways, upped to 4 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I have the brush pictured though on the Sephora website it calls it the Classic Mineral Powder, not Professional.

I love this thing. It's both soft and dense and does the job beautifully. I've used it with both liquid and pressed powder foundation and it buffs like a dream.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect even though all the reviews I'd read were good. I'm a bit of a brush snob, I guess, and would rather have no brush at all than one that doesn't perform well. I guess I wasn't really expecting the best quality from Sephora since their house line of makeup is crap IMO.

Fantastic brush and feels sooo nice on the face that I find excuses to use it :)