November 23, 2014 | 1630 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips Gel Creamliner Trio

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a nice gel liner, I purchased the one for brown eyes, and I have used the brown, black with sparkles, and the purple that it comes with so far. It is very soft and creamy and goes on well, the only negative I would say is that it isnt as pigmented as it could be, sometimes you need to put on a few layers for it to look opaque.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Bucephala

This was my first experience with gel liners and I am in love! I use the Quo bent eyeliner brush to apply them. They glide on so easily, give great pigmentation and are long wearing. I like how you get three colours in stack. I got the one for blue eyes. I use the brown the most but I love how there is subtle blue glitter in the black one. So different from other liners. I might purchase a different stack. Maybe the green one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by p3ischarmed13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! I have been wanting to try these forever, and when I saw the clearance sale at CVS, I grabbed them. I have the Brown eyes and Hazel eyes and I picked up the blue eyes. The blacks are so amazingly pigmented and soft and quite easy to use/put on. You definitely need a good makeup remover to get these off because once they set, they are not coming off easily! Some colors are not quite as pigmented as I had hoped, which means that I will use them alone on my 'light make up days'
Will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I could seriously kick myself for not trying these earlier. I'm pretty cheap, however, and didn't pick them up until I saw them 75% off at CVS even though I've wanted to try them forever. I've been using them every day since purchasing them, especially the brown in the hazel eyes stack. These really rival high end gel liners, they remind me the most of the Cinque ones (which are my favorites). For the price I got these, they were an absolute steal. The packaging idea is cute. I like that they're attachable for easy transport but it is still pretty cheap packaging so the lids don't always line up properly. The colors I've used have been very well pigmented and have lasted all day without fading or transferring. Really, really great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by BlushingBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall I really do like these gel liners. I paid about $15 for them. At first I thought that that was a little pricey but after I thought about it $15 for 3 gel liners is a pretty good deal. These liners are creamy and pigmented and they just glide on to your lids. I was not a huge fan of the brush that they came with but I do like the fact that you can stack and unstack the liners for travel or storage purposes. These wear for a while but I have tried gel liners that last a lot longer on. I wish that you colud buy these liners seperatly because really when am I ever going to need a bright blue liner!? Overall I would repurchase these but I don't think I will need to because you olny need a tiny bit each time you use them. I would reccomend these gel eyeliners.Thanks for reading and I hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 9:06:00 AM More reviews by barby81

Just bought these at CVS they are 75% off so they came out to $2 something I have been dying to try these let me tell you you these are creamy I love them . you don't have to buy them for your exact eyecolor I bought the green eye, hazel eye and the blue eyeliner sets they all look beautiful I will be going back to CVS to purchase some more.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2011 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Ztte3699

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw this in CVS on a hunt for eyeliner, so I decided to try gel liner as I've heard it's generally better than pencil form. The Glam Hazel set has three colors: Black with subtle gold sparkles, sandy gold with shimmer, and a dusty lavender with shimmer as well, and the entire set comes with a brush.
I immediately swatched the black and wore it for the rest of the day and I can honestly say it lasted the whole time until i took it off at 3 AM. My only problem is that they liner tends to mix with my eyelid oil( i know, gross) which seems to reduce its wear time, getting very soft and smudgy as the day progressed. Of course, this can be avoided with a primer or dusting of face powder, so this presents no problem for me.
The consistency of all the liners is creamy and easy to apply, although i need to use slightly more with the gold and lavender colors.
The packaging is quite clever, allowing you to stack them or separate them to your heart's content and the inclusion of a brush is quite thoughtful, but in the end, it's nothing special; I prefer to use my own for more precise application. Either that or I would modify the brush to taper to a thin point with an exacto knife.
Also, I find that the black color makes a great base for powder eyeshadows and intensifies their color. But the Violet and gold shades are crud for this. They come off all chunky or just spread around leaving a patchy application. I'm guessing the reason they do this is because they dry alot faster on the skin than the black does. weird...
Nevertheless,the product is fairly good, but I wish PF would make individual pots so buyers don't have to commit to all three colors when they only need one. Other than that, I would gladly repurchase again- only if they sell them individ. as I'm a broke college student and money's waaaay too tight to be spending $10+ on makeup :(

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by manamana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have heard so many good things about this product which is why I finally broke down and tried it. I was also attracted to it because of its packaging and the fact that you can get to try/use 3 different colors in one product. I have never tried any colors besides black and brown to line my eyes, so I thought this would be a great way to play around.

I have to say, I still love the concept and the packaging. However, I do not like the pigmentation of these creams. I'm just never happy with the color that shows and I feel the need to add multiple layers to get the liner dark enough. I don't know, maybe I just like my liner to be that dark but I really don't enjoy these for that reason. I still have been using it in my day to day routine to use it. A lot of times I use these to line my bottom lash line as I don't expect a very dark and defined line but I definitely don't plan on buying this again.
I have read that some people have enjoyed using this as a base for the eye-makeup and may try giving that a shot soon just to see if that makes this product more appealing to me.

Also, as I've been playing around with these lately (I hate wasting a product) and I've enjoyed using them on my upper lid to smoke out with a shadow. It works better for me that way, but I wouldn't re-purchase this in the future just for this purpose.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by microems

These cream liners can definitely multi-task. I also use these as a base (with a primer), to make eyeshadows pop. It's pigmented (not as pigmented as MAC fluidline) enough, however I usually do a second coat if I apply it as a liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by redvermeer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love these liners! I have the trio for hazel eyes. I actually have Blue eyes and found the hazel line to be the most beautiful and flattering colors. I use the brown for my daily liner. It stays on all day and find that my liner hasn't faded even after 8 hours. Prior to purchasing this I was using black liner and thought brown would never work for my daily winged eyeliner. the brown in this trio is the perfect color. It is still dark but, not harsh. I love the other colors as well and find that they are all creamy and just as long lasting. HG status for me.