September 18, 2014 | 1620 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Super Lustrous in Coral Reef [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by MyNameIsHoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love the texture, quality, and colour, will definitely repurchase. The only downside, which isn't even too bad, is that it doesn't look as coral/orange on my lips. Just going by basic colour theory, I figure that since my lips are slightly purply pink (I'm an NC40 med-tan girl of Indian descent), the purple tones might cancel out the orange undertone the coral has. Thus it tends to look slightly more pink. That said, there is definitely still a good hit of coral. The lasting power is generally ok...I haven't yet found a gloss that I don't have to re-apply by about 1pm on a working day after applying at 6:30am. The best part about this gloss is that it's not uber-sticky like other glosses, but still imparts the shine and has a wonderfully silky feel.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by peachvanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lip gloss! The color is such a pretty coral without being too bright. The only downside is that it doesn't stay glossy for very long. But just a minor snag in an otherwise great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by xosandy

I really like this lip gloss! The formula isn't too slick or slippery, and my lips are moisturized for at least a good hour or so without reapplication. I don't wear this alone since it's a tad too bright for my preference but I do layer it on top of my other glosses. So far this is my only super lustrous gloss but I'm definitely going to be out on the hunt for more!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by emilyamour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was looking for a nice coral gloss for the springtime, and this gloss immediately caught my eye as I passed the Revlon section. At first, the color was pretty, but I really hate the formula of this gloss. It's super sticky, and the feeling is just so gross on my lips. I can just feel it sitting there on my lips, and I just can't stop thinking about the texture of it. However, this lip gloss was really pigmented. I gave this away to my friend after a few uses.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

This looks so pretty swiped on the back of my hand!! Unfortunately, I find the texture to be a bit too tacky/sticky, and just not easy to wear. I'm a bit of a bright color phobe so I can't wear it too layered as the color is too strong. I generally really like Revlon lip products,and would be open to trying other colors in this line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Super lustrous is my HG lipgloss formula. Coral Reef is a gorgeous colour, so flattering and brightens your whole face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color looks gorgous on warm skin tones. I'm nc25-30 with yellow undertones and this has got to be my favorite lipgloss ever! The last picture is the most accurate as far as the actual shade of the color is. A peach salmon color. Love it:) Will repurchase when I run out. Another similar dupe but lipstick form is revlons coralberry, which I believe is a creme, and I also own. Only cons, drys lips and constantly have to reapply after couple hours of wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Lanayyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very fair skin and would normally be intimidated by such a bright orange color. However this gloss has exceeded my expectations! It looks great on my skin tone, the gloss applies evenly, and I can wear it alone or with lipstick underneath. (revlon
    colorburst lipstick in peach looks amazing paired w/ this gloss!!) It sort of brightens up my whole complexion. I love it in spring/summer, and even into fall with a dark nude/spice lipliner buffed underneath. This was my first Revlon super lustrous lipgloss purchase and I can't wait to try more shades! Definately would purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not a fan of lip glosses because i always find them heavy and sticky (tried several juicy tubes and others from Clarins or EA). I have read wonderful reviews about the SL line here on MUA, especially for this shade so I could not stop myself from picking up one when I saw it on sale at my local drug store.

In the tube, it is a very creamy coral color, it is on the orange side but still looks lovely. I was a bit concerned that it might be too orange on my lips. However, when I apply it evenly across my lips, it becomes a light pink color which complement my skin tone really well. The formula is creamy but not too heavy. it is still a bit sticky though. My hair got stuck with the blowing wind. It gives shine but no shimmer. The gloss enhances my own lip color and adds a subtle shine to my lips.

I also love the packaging. It looks sleek and sturdy. It can be easily carried around and I believe it can last quite some time. I do need to reapply one or two times during the day but everything considered, this is a very nice lip gloss. I am glad that I picked it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by sarah714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipgloss is so pretty! You can control how much you put on, if you put a little, it looks like a natural pink, if you put on more,it looks peachier. The consistency is creamy,milky, and pigmented. In the bottle it looks like a bright bold peach, but is different when you put it on. I have tan-olive skin and i put this on, then lightly blot it with a tissue, and its like a mild lip stain, it leaves your lips soft and it feels smooth and not sticky! Also after this fades away, it leaves lips moisturized. The price was around $5. Which i would expect a little less for drugstore lipgloss. I took off a lippie because this gloss sinks into every little crack and loose skin on your lips. Make sure to wear chapstick before and it should be less of a problem. Also i detect a classic light vanilla smell in most lip products. Overall im likely to buy this again.