August 28, 2014 | 1710 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock spf 70

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by RedHotPants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

THANK YOU NEUTROGENA! I am fair, burn easily (and quickly), and wear sunscreen on my face, neck, and chest daily. The fact that I already have oily skin usually makes my sunscreen habit a disastrous one...it only compounds the problem. With this product, I can get the sun protection I need (SPF 70, woo hoo), with the matte face I want. I typically mix a couple of drops of MUFE Mat Velvet foundation in with this sunscreen for sheer coverage. The packaging on this stuff is great too; it's easy to get just the amount you need without wasting any product. I will be heartbroken if this stuff ever stops being made.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by questionable

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Dry Touch for years so I thought I'd try this when I spotted it on the shelf next to my old favorite. I really like it. Works great under makeup, but the real reason I like this is because the bottle is small enough for me to carry in my purse. I hated carrying around a full tube of sunscreen. I had to keep one tube at home, another in my car and another in my desk at work so I wouldn't be caught out in the sun without sunscreen. I hope they keep selling this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by madge89

I really like this mattifying sunblock. I layer over antioxidant cream and it works great on my oily skin. The only problem is that I have to be scrupulous about getting it in my eyes. I have to wash my hands after applying and then let it set and wash my hands again if I have touched my face at all before applying makeup otherwise I get trace amounts in my eyes, which then tear and my nose starts running. I love how this sunblock layers with makeup -- except for the sensitive reaction -- and would love to find another dry sunblock like this at this price point that does not irritate so much.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by tequierosparrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on the lookout for a daily sunscreen that will NOT:
- break me out
- leave my face greasy as an oil slick
- create more shine...i have enough on my own thank you!

I like the fact that it is a high SPF. 15 and 30 just are not enough in my opinion. It has a light scent, but I'm not easily bothered by scents so I don't mind

i think it makes my face a bit greasier, when i dont wear it im much happier with my skin with makeup. It mixes well with my moisturizer, and its for that reason that I love the tube, you just squeeze out a few drops and its super liquidy and spreads well.

SADLY and with a heavy heart, i had to get rid of it, it is a culprit in my current acne breakout. SIGH. I cannot find any sunscreen that doesn't break me out, even ones that say they are non comodegenic!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

My former lover Sofina Perfect UV SPF 50 + PA +++ was traveling around the world before arriving to me so I was looking for something closer to me... I found this Neurtogena SS from MUA. It is very similar with plus sides of cheaper price, easy to get it locally, and made in USA. I can also catch on sales and use coupons. I have oily skin and it is very hard to get the right SS. I read in the reviews that this Neutrogena SS is not as good as Sofina for controlling oil but I have solution: DIY home-made primer to control my super oily face. It is a mixture of silica and a bit of calcium carbonate, and magnesium myrsistate (same as in MoM), cheaply available @ TKB Trading and Coastal Scents.

Tests in the sun for longer hours of hiking with lot of sweats:
Alpha Hydrox gel as base before this SS followed by DIY primer, a bit of Revlon Color Stay powder and I am good for the sun including pictures :) I always apply AHA before chemical SS to avoid breakouts. I also use Apple Cider Vinegar as toner at nights. I don't use this SS daily unless I have longer time outdoors. So far so good for last summer and this spring.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by bhk126

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this and the spf 100, both leave a whitish cast and difficult or impossible to get makeup to cover it. (I put moisturizer on first)

I will use it on arms and legs.

it has NO zinc oxide, and I don't think it does as good a job as products with Zinc oxide.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by lightsout91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To get straight to the point, I am almost certain that this is clogging my pores. I wasn't sure at first but about a week ago I noticed my jawline and forehead looked terrible with tiny bumps. I started freaking out but didn't deduce that it was the sunscreen doing this. Well, a week later and now my cheeks are slowly forming clogs as well. Now i'm certain that this sunscreen is the culprit. I have no idea what ingredient is the cause of this because I LOVE the Neutrogena Dry Touch s/s even though it wasn't photostable.
Now the reason I'm not giving this a 1 is because if you're not breakout prone or sensitive, then this is a really good sunscreen. The finish is absolutely gorgeous and you feel protected all day. Unfortunately I guess my oily acne prone skin can't tolerate this. THANKFULLY the clogs are slowly going away without turning into giant zits. The search continues for a great daily sunscreen ... *sigh*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by snake_hips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this sunscreen. It's the only sunscreen I can get just about anywhere in the US that is just as cosmetically elegant as the Japanese and European sunscreens that I have to order online. This means if I run out or I'm out of town, I can have sunscreen for my face that looks and feels great. It works wonderfully under my Colorstay foundation and I stay pretty matte all day.

HOWEVER, the PPD for this sunscreen is only 11 and when I used the Ciba BASF sunscreen calculator, it listed the SPF as only 30. I wonder what basis Neutrogena uses for the SPF rating it lists.

Since Avene Tres Haute Emulsion SPF 50 is cheaper per ounce and has a PPD of 20, I will use this during the summer; however if I can't get hold of it I will definitely run back to the Neutrogena in a pinch. It's just that I know that PPD has a bigger effect on aging and pigmentation in the long run, so this matters to me since I'm about to turn 40 and I'm extremely fair complected.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Katie75007

I use this every day; it's one of my necessities! Like it states, it really is perfect under makeup. I apply it after my moisturizer, and I give it a few minutes to allow it to absorb fully. By the time it dries, the finish is perfectly matte, and I would never be able to tell that there's a layer of sunblock on my face. It doesn't bother my skin in the least -- it's not drying, irritating or pore clogging. The only downside is that I go through it pretty quickly -- but at this price, and with this SPF, it's definitely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by stevenb

I compared side by side with:
Bioderma Photoderm MAX Fluide SPF50+
Neutrogena Healthy Defense Liquid Moisturizer SPF 50
Neutrogena Pure and Free Liquid SPF 50

The Ultra Sheer SPF70 is the most liquid and leaves the most matte finish. I was worried that this would be drying or cause acne breakouts but no problems.

The only thing I wish Neutrogena would change is leave the scent out and make the product fragrance free.