August 1, 2014 | 1077 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock spf 70

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by questionable

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Dry Touch for years so I thought I'd try this when I spotted it on the shelf next to my old favorite. I really like it. Works great under makeup, but the real reason I like this is because the bottle is small enough for me to carry in my purse. I hated carrying around a full tube of sunscreen. I had to keep one tube at home, another in my car and another in my desk at work so I wouldn't be caught out in the sun without sunscreen. I hope they keep selling this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by madge89

I really like this mattifying sunblock. I layer over antioxidant cream and it works great on my oily skin. The only problem is that I have to be scrupulous about getting it in my eyes. I have to wash my hands after applying and then let it set and wash my hands again if I have touched my face at all before applying makeup otherwise I get trace amounts in my eyes, which then tear and my nose starts running. I love how this sunblock layers with makeup -- except for the sensitive reaction -- and would love to find another dry sunblock like this at this price point that does not irritate so much.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by tequierosparrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on the lookout for a daily sunscreen that will NOT:
- break me out
- leave my face greasy as an oil slick
- create more shine...i have enough on my own thank you!

I like the fact that it is a high SPF. 15 and 30 just are not enough in my opinion. It has a light scent, but I'm not easily bothered by scents so I don't mind

i think it makes my face a bit greasier, when i dont wear it im much happier with my skin with makeup. It mixes well with my moisturizer, and its for that reason that I love the tube, you just squeeze out a few drops and its super liquidy and spreads well.

SADLY and with a heavy heart, i had to get rid of it, it is a culprit in my current acne breakout. SIGH. I cannot find any sunscreen that doesn't break me out, even ones that say they are non comodegenic!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

My former lover Sofina Perfect UV SPF 50 + PA +++ was traveling around the world before arriving to me so I was looking for something closer to me... I found this Neurtogena SS from MUA. It is very similar with plus sides of cheaper price, easy to get it locally, and made in USA. I can also catch on sales and use coupons. I have oily skin and it is very hard to get the right SS. I read in the reviews that this Neutrogena SS is not as good as Sofina for controlling oil but I have solution: DIY home-made primer to control my super oily face. It is a mixture of silica and a bit of calcium carbonate, and magnesium myrsistate (same as in MoM), cheaply available @ TKB Trading and Coastal Scents.

Tests in the sun for longer hours of hiking with lot of sweats:
Alpha Hydrox gel as base before this SS followed by DIY primer, a bit of Revlon Color Stay powder and I am good for the sun including pictures :) I always apply AHA before chemical SS to avoid breakouts. I also use Apple Cider Vinegar as toner at nights. I don't use this SS daily unless I have longer time outdoors. So far so good for last summer and this spring.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by bhk126

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this and the spf 100, both leave a whitish cast and difficult or impossible to get makeup to cover it. (I put moisturizer on first)

I will use it on arms and legs.

it has NO zinc oxide, and I don't think it does as good a job as products with Zinc oxide.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by lightsout91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To get straight to the point, I am almost certain that this is clogging my pores. I wasn't sure at first but about a week ago I noticed my jawline and forehead looked terrible with tiny bumps. I started freaking out but didn't deduce that it was the sunscreen doing this. Well, a week later and now my cheeks are slowly forming clogs as well. Now i'm certain that this sunscreen is the culprit. I have no idea what ingredient is the cause of this because I LOVE the Neutrogena Dry Touch s/s even though it wasn't photostable.
Now the reason I'm not giving this a 1 is because if you're not breakout prone or sensitive, then this is a really good sunscreen. The finish is absolutely gorgeous and you feel protected all day. Unfortunately I guess my oily acne prone skin can't tolerate this. THANKFULLY the clogs are slowly going away without turning into giant zits. The search continues for a great daily sunscreen ... *sigh*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by snake_hips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this sunscreen. It's the only sunscreen I can get just about anywhere in the US that is just as cosmetically elegant as the Japanese and European sunscreens that I have to order online. This means if I run out or I'm out of town, I can have sunscreen for my face that looks and feels great. It works wonderfully under my Colorstay foundation and I stay pretty matte all day.

HOWEVER, the PPD for this sunscreen is only 11 and when I used the Ciba BASF sunscreen calculator, it listed the SPF as only 30. I wonder what basis Neutrogena uses for the SPF rating it lists.

Since Avene Tres Haute Emulsion SPF 50 is cheaper per ounce and has a PPD of 20, I will use this during the summer; however if I can't get hold of it I will definitely run back to the Neutrogena in a pinch. It's just that I know that PPD has a bigger effect on aging and pigmentation in the long run, so this matters to me since I'm about to turn 40 and I'm extremely fair complected.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Katie75007

I use this every day; it's one of my necessities! Like it states, it really is perfect under makeup. I apply it after my moisturizer, and I give it a few minutes to allow it to absorb fully. By the time it dries, the finish is perfectly matte, and I would never be able to tell that there's a layer of sunblock on my face. It doesn't bother my skin in the least -- it's not drying, irritating or pore clogging. The only downside is that I go through it pretty quickly -- but at this price, and with this SPF, it's definitely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by stevenb

I compared side by side with:
Bioderma Photoderm MAX Fluide SPF50+
Neutrogena Healthy Defense Liquid Moisturizer SPF 50
Neutrogena Pure and Free Liquid SPF 50

The Ultra Sheer SPF70 is the most liquid and leaves the most matte finish. I was worried that this would be drying or cause acne breakouts but no problems.

The only thing I wish Neutrogena would change is leave the scent out and make the product fragrance free.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Summary: Least greasy / most mattifying American drugstore brand sunscreen I've found, but still not as mattifying as Japanese sunscreens for super oily skin. May also irritate sensitive skin.

Full Review: I tried this hoping to find a replacement for my discontinued HG, Sofina Lucent. (Which is also similar to the discontinued Shiseido SPF 55 Lotion.) I have very oily skin so finding mattifying, non-greasy sunscreens is very difficult! This sunscreen has a thinner texture than most and is easy to blend in, though not quite as watery and blendable as Sofina. It also stings my skin slightly when I apply it -- my skin seems to be sensitive some ingredients but resistant to others, so I'm not sure what ingredient(s) bother me. It has a strong sunscreen scent mixed with fragrance, but fortunately the scent fades quickly after applying my makeup. It is one of the few drugstore sunscreens I've tried that dries quickly and allows my mineral makeup to go on smoothly, not cakey or clumpy. It mattifies fairly well, but not as good as Sofina or Shiseido. I will continue to use it until I can find something better (probably another Japanese sunscreen). I'd recommend this for slightly oily, not sensitive skintypes, but it may not be mattifying enough for super oily skin like mine.