October 30, 2014 | 1734 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kiehl's - Midnight Recovery Concentrate

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by loobyl

I started using this about 2 weeks ago and use it every night before my mosturizer. When I put it on I notice that my face feels a bit itchy but thatīs about it as I wake up in the morning with no breakouts or odd spots. Donīt think I would buy it again as I think Estee Lauderīs serum in the brown bottle is a lot better and gives better or faster results even though its double the price. I find serums very hit or miss but am willing to try a variety until I find by holy grail which looks like its going to be the Estee Laudee one.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Adriana2013

I had high expectations after reading the product reviews. It does feel nice having it on your face but I think it is psychological because you make yourself believe that there is a recovery underway. Maybe my experience is incomplete because I used it for 3 weeks and then stopped because I had a huge cystic acne episode. I don't think the acne was a result of this serum. I suspect I must have eaten something. I was skiing in the Alps and perhaps the diet rich in cheese could have caused my acne. But since then I feel a bit apprehensive applying this serum on my face again just in case it did have something to do with the sudden eruption of bad acne because before using this serum my skin was good. It took me 3 months to get rid of the irritated skin. During the 3 weeks I was using I did not see any improvements but this serum made me look into using jojoba oil as an alternative and I must say jojoba oil has been a friend to my skin. I gave it 3 stars because I still think it is not a bad product and with the right skin type it could work well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Sara44

This is a great great over night oil, I've never out of all the night creams and masks seen my skin look so good in the morning, but if your acne prone watch out, it made me break out. Here's hoping they make gel version of this. If I wasn't acne prone it was definitely be on my re purchasing list!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Tiggerbear

I'm getting some hormonal acne around my chin. The oil calms down the redness in about 15 minutes. If an acne starts to begin, I put the oil on the spot right away and most time, the acne goes away. It doesn't seem to moisturize my neck much as the skin there still appears dry. The oil absorbs very quickly into my skin where it needs rehydration. Where it doesn't absorb, the oil gives my skin a wonderul healthy glow. I will keep buying this oil because it calms the redness and absorbs very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this stuff. Period. Smells like roses you'd pick out of your backyard. I use 3 drops (although I could get away with using 2) and rub my hands together then pat it all over my face and take a deep breath of the aromatherapy it provides before going to bed. I also started using the matching eye cream with this too. Sometimes I alternate this with a retinol serum from Paula's Choice plus aloe vera, or another night time cream that I'm sampling. But as far as my usual routine goes, it's the Midnight oil plus a few pats of the eye cream and that's it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by naicha

I use rosehip oil on a daily basis so I was expecting to love this when I got a sample at Nordstrom. It feels heavenly when you apply it, very light and smooth, and the scent is just DIVINE. In the morning, I would wake up to glowing and baby soft skin, however it broke me out every time I jused it - over the course of the day, I would notice tiny bumps coming in that disappeared when I stopped using the concentrate. I do have sensitive skin so I'm guessing it's the essential oils that were causing the reaction...If your skin is not bothered by that I do suggest you give it a go though! I loved the texture and how soft it made my skin feel. I think it's a great product, but unfortunately it's not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2014 4:22:00 AM More reviews by boyforever

first try i love it. but i realize it coz me white heads which are horrible. the packaging sucks, expensive n not worth the hype

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this gem of a product! I have aging skin that's very prone to dehydration and this has become a MUST in my nighttime skincare routine! At first I wasn't sure if it was working because I didn't have that miraculous overnight change...but I went on a trip and forgot it at home, and that's when I realized how much it was helping my skin stay hydrated and soft. It feels a tad oily but isn't thick like most of the treatment oils out there. The key is when to apply it in your skincare regime...I use it after my serum but before my moisturizer. If I'm in a hurry i sometimes mix it with my night cream and it still works wonderfully. If you apply it as a last step, it often won't absorb and leaves a "slick" on the skin, so nestling it between steps is where I've had the most success.
This product keeps my skin baby soft, keeps my dehydration at bay, and makes my face look more youthful and smooth. I like it more than all the other night treatments I've tried and God knows there have been plenty! Three drops is enough for my whole face, a little goes a very long way.
I just wish the packaging were different. If it had a pump, it'd be perfect. The dropper is messy and I often waste product because I dispense too much. That aside, I will definitely continue to repurchase.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by flaca70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this serum in the past and I was very satisfied with it. Only during the last two years I started using Sisley products and Dr Sebagh ones and abandoned a little Kiels products.
I can give you a review of what was my previous experience with this serum:
1st the smell: it is fantastic, it seems you are in a spa and it is a perfect ritual in the evening
2nd the texture: I don't agree with thos who says it is to olyy, it is not for me, I found it to be a dry oil perfect fro my mixed skin
3rd the bottle: blue, glass ones, it is for a luxurious serum
It is not so expensive and the day after the skin looks much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by EsposaPerfecta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best night serum ever, I use it every night in combination with advanced night repair from EstÃĐe Lauder and I wake up with really good results these 2 serums are staples in my night care routine and this one will last for ever since only 2 drops are required

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No