November 26, 2014 | 919 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean Oil Control Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by juniebug008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This does nothing. Nothing. I repeat: NOTHING. I put on my foundation in the morning, I use this to set my makeup, and it does... nothing. (See a pattern?) My face becomes shiny within roughly 20 minutes of application. If I apply more, I look dry. How is that even possible? This stuff is awful for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It does what it's supposed to do: sets liquid foundation and controls oil (for a few hours, anyway). I just don't favour it because I feel it doesn't do much to help hide my huge pores, and I think it is too sheer. Maybe I'm just spoiled by LORAC porefection powder, lol. The upside with this powder, however, is I think you could put the entire compact of it on your face and it still wouldn't cake. I seriously don't know how this cakes on anyone. Apply with a brush and it's one of the most goof-proof make-up products around.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had this product for about three years and I have used it minimally over the years. Though the times that I have used this product there is something very noticable about it.

The colour of the powder (I have tawny) is actually perfect for my skin tone. I was afraid that it wouldn't but it blends in so naturally.

I do not use the powder puff that comes with this product I use a retractable Kabuki brush. Upon immediate application this product really does mattify my oily T-zone.

About an hour later my T-Zone is as oily as ever.

I remember once I actually applied this product to my entire face and by the end of the day my ENTIRE FACE was greasy! I couldn't understand it! I have combination skin so usually only my forehead, my nose and my chin are oily but on that day that I applied the makeup to my face my whole face was greasy.

Now I only apply the product to my T-Zone and I apply it frequently to keep away the greasiness. This product doesn't keep my oil under control, it just masks it for a temporary amount of time.

The packaging was always bothersome. The clear parts get clouded easily with makeup and I never felt that the compact closed as tightly as I thought it should. I've had the product for a number of years and at this point the compact doesn't even stay shut and the two halves are only held together by one screw.

Based on colour alone I would definitely buy this product again. Though I am unhappy with the performance of an "oil-controlling" product when it hardly controls my oil. Definitely not buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by xzombiecourtneyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this powder is great at getting rid of oil and I've had no problems whatsoever with an oily face. It smooths out my makeup and sets it perfectly. I don't use a lot of stuff by covergirl but I think this powder is definitely a winner. I sometimes like to wear it by itself as a natural very light coverage. I would purchase again and I hope I continue to enjoy it for awhile!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by eilishfitz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this powder because i wanted to try it. i didn't mind it and it got the job done

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by stormm

Clean Oil Control foundation is the worst thing I've ever used but this powder is nice. It doesn't get cakey and prevents shine not all day, but for a fair amount of time. I still have to blot my face throughout the day but I like the finish and the fact that it doesn't give any coverage. Not the best powder but it will do if you have oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by adrianna511

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I HATE this! I can't believe it actually worked for some people. Their skin must be less oily than mine is, because this did nothing for me. It might have even made the oil on my face worse. I would apply it and literally a few minutes later my skin would be oily again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by TGonz

This is a pretty good powder. I use it to set my concealer (especially under my eyes, so it doesn't crease). It works pretty well. I even use it to control the oil in the area between my eyebrows during the summer because that's where I get shiny the most. However, it can be a little drying during winter. But then again, I do have dry skin. It's nothing special. It's not a terrible product, but at the same time, I've used better powders than this. So, if I ran out of it, I would buy it again especially if it's on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by lilymae7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this product! I have extremely oily skin. I have been looking for a good pressed powder for a while, and I have finally found it! It gives great coverage and also controls oil all day while I'm at school (7 hours). I touch my face a lot, but this product persists and keeps it oil-free. This product is not very expensive, but its definitely worth it. Also, the packaging isn't the best. It doesn't stay closed very well. Other than that, I adore this product and I would absolutely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by LHagen12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My oily skin loves this. I don't know that I could survive through my day without using this powder. My mom has always used CoverGirl so I have been using it for the majority of my makeup needs since I first started using makeup.
I use this any time I feel my face beginning to feel a little oily, just a little bit to freshen up.. Love it!