December 22, 2014 | 1725 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Minted #85

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by underage

One of my favorite polishes!! I got so many compliments in the past few days because of this polish :) It great for girls with fair Irish skin. I have China Glazes "For Audrey" and I love it but it just doesn't look great on my skin tone. Minted is actually similar but less harsh. It's almost a bluey mint green. I like the formula too. I only used two coats and Nail Magic as my base and top coat like usual. I've had it on for 4 days now and have very little chipping. It's a great summer color so pick it up soon!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2011 7:33:00 AM More reviews by victoriassecrets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so disappointed with this because the colour is so lovely and unusual. I love Revlon polish, the packaging is classic and they have gorgeous shades. But, this particular formula is extremely streaky, even with three coats and it just did not look good.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by UberMagic

One of my absolute favorite nail polishes ever. I used to wear Skyscraper by L'Oreal every summer (similar shade but frosted) back in high school. I was so happy to find this opaque take on seafoam. I wear it on my toes and have gotten SO many compliments on the color.

The formula is average, takes me two coats, and the brush is skinny so it takes a little while. The wearability is great for me--I don't get chips or anything and I wear it all the time with flip flops, wandering around outside all summer.

My only complaints: it fades when you go in chlorinated water, and it's not good to mix with other nail polishes (I wanted to make it lighter by mixing with white, but I don't think Revlon nail polishes are made for mixing). Other than that, it's great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by DrTierraFierce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Picked this up at my local rite aid and i love this color, it is a minty greenish color, goes good with my brown complexion, lasted pretty well, and last but not least, the color is soo beautiful and unique I always take my own nail polish to the nail salon and they did a great job on my feet and nails with it I would def buy again

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by sushiiflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I waited for weeks before actually taking the plunge and buying this product. I remember first seeing it at my local Walmart and then coming across a few blogs that had this color featured. It was so pretty! And definitely not something I owned. I was hesitant to try it because I think pastels on my skin tend to wash me out and the color clashes. I finally decided to purchase it since it was on sale. The brush is kind of small and makes application a bit uneven. But that might be more so a formula problem. It's very thin and streaky and does a weird clumping thing. Even with three opaque as I can get them, a streaky mess is still quite visible. I wish I read the reviews before actually picking this color up. What a disappointment! The color is absolutely gorgeous though and if they improved the formula on this, I would definitely repurchase this, but I can't see myself using this in the future. Also, my particular bottle didn't have any drying issues. It dried rather fast even though the formula is quite tacky.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2011 3:53:00 AM More reviews by Ligeiapg

I just bought this one and also in Siren (440), and Peach Petal (115). I got them by 99 cents, so I can't really complain about the value of my purchase, but... It is way too watery. I have to apply 3 layers for it to be sort of even, but then it is so thick it does not look good. Also it chaps very easily, I did my nails last night, and today it is already bad, and it's not like I work with my hands.
The colors are gorgeous though. Bright and full of live. I like them very much. But I won't be purchasing this again. If you don't mind applying all of those coats, and you can get a better finish than I do, maybe you will like it. But keep that in mind.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I do like the color but comes off streaky, will need at least 3 coats. Without a top coat, chipped in 3 days.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by sambojomo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like it. It's a great bright, milky, creme mint color, like mint chocolate chip ice cream. Also cheap! Only downside is that it goes on rather thin (not goopy or clumpy at all though, just thin), I needed 3 coats to get decent coverage. But what do you expect from drug store nail polish? As far as DS brands go, this is one of the best. And once I got it all smoothed out it looked gorgeous! Great for spring and very flattering on my fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I couldn't even get Mischievous Mint when i pre-ordered a massive number of products in the MAC Quite Cute collection! So i bought Revlon Minted as a consolation - not quite a dupe, a little less blue and a tad lighter, but pretty darn close.

This polish went on more smoothly and easily than MAC polishes, and i had no clumping or gooping, which others on MUA have complained of. I needed two coats, as i usually do with my very ridged nails, and the coverage was solid and opaque - with MAC polishes i often need a third coat because they are so thin.

And frankly, this stuff not only goes on better, but it holds up better than MAC polishes. I neglected to put on a base coat (naughty me) and didn't bother with a top coat, both of which i usually do, and which i MUST do with MAC polishes to get them to go on evenly and not chip off within hours. And here it is a week later and it isn't even chipped!

The Revlon name may lack the cachet of MAC, and MAC polishes may cost three times as much, but Revlon definitely holds up better.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by aftersunset

Don't like the color. If I am gonna put an unnatual color on my nail, it better look funky, or chic, or something with a stylish vibe. This color just dont look right once applied. The finished look contain too much "white chalk" in it. Not whiteness as in creamy, but a chalk powdery feeling. May fool a camera, as camera dont catch depth and smoothness well, but looks cheap in real life.
The consistancy is runny and clumpy. .

It's may look like a member of the very hip minty color family. But it got to one of the ugly stepsisters of the family.

PS: A lot of people go easy on products that cost them little money. For me, purchase price is not only "cost" to consider. I "spend" a spot in my nail polish collection on a product, then it better justify the space it has taken.
Revlon #85 minted is a large bottle of wastefulness.