October 24, 2014 | 1256 users online

Treatments - AMBI - Fade Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by sunita81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about 4 days now and I already see an improvement. My primary reason for buying this product is the acne scars I have all over my back. I've been self-conscious about the marks on my back for about a year now. This condition developed from acne after my horomones got out of wack from coming off and going back on birth control. After reading the reviews, and with my husband and I going on vacation in three weeks, I decided that I have to get something that works, and fast. (Sidenote - I've been going to a dermatologist and getting a glycolic peel with hydroquinone done on my back about every 2 weeks for the last 2 months.) I did not see any changes, which was another reason why I decided to try Ambi. The marks are still there, but they are definitely lightening. After reading one of the reviews about applying it 3x a week, I think I'm going to incorporate that into my regimen and hope to see drastic changes soon. I will leave an update about this right before my trip. Also, I have a few marks on my face, not as bad as my back, and I did a spot application to one of the spots and it disappeared by the next day! I was happy with the result, but at the same time I was scared about the potency of the product, so I've only spot applied it to one other mark on my face once and then washed it off before I went to sleep I had a bad experience with hydroquinone/glycolic peels on my face so I refuse repeat that episode. Overall, I am very happy with this product. will give it one more lipstick if it works completely in 3 wks.
UPDATE: It's been about 3 weeks and I haven't noticed any drastic changes with the marks on my back. The marks have gotten slightly lighter but they certainly have not disappeared. On a more positive note, this product has not caused me to break out at all. I also use a salycilic pink grapefruit body wash that probably prevented future breakouts as well. I will contine to use this product but not really sure if time will help cause the scars to disappear or this product. Will take away one lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I use the AMBI creme for oily skin even though my skin tends to be more on the dry side. For reference, my skin is very fair and I burn very easily. As a result I have freckles all over my cheeks and two huge dark spots on my forehead. I spot-apply this on my forehead and also on my discolored eyelids and undereyes. I did notice a lightening of my eyelids and a slight lightening of my dark undereye circles but my dark spots remained the same unfortunately. I love the metal tube packaging, it keeps the product from degrading in natural light and keeps the oxygen out. I would buy this again especially since it didn’t break me out and gave me just enough moisture to not feel sticky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

It does what it says it will: it's only been a week but it's made great progress on the melasma, acne scars and sun spots that other products such as Garnier and Clinique didn't even touch. I know it'll never make my skin perfectly even, but it's improving it considerably. I am using it with Retin A or Finacea and that is probably boosting its efficacy.

Keep their warning in mind about sun protection...there is a mild sunscreen in the product, but don't rely on that alone--layer something stronger on top to prevent the discolorations from recurring.

I'll be honest: this stuff smells HORRIBLE. I think it smells like onions or scallions. Usually the scent of a product can be a real deal-breaker for me (paging Dr. Perricone). However, I know that hydroquinone works and works well, so for that I'm willing to deal with onion scent. And it does fade after a while, or can be masked by other skincare products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Unicorny101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It seems like every zit I get loves to leave its mark no matter how I treated it (whether I popped it, or let it heal on its own etc) so you can just imagine how many dark acne scars I had all over my face after years of teenage acne! It was terrible. It came to the point I would wake up every morning and paint my face over with thick foundation and concealer, I was too embarrassed to go on in public with my natural, but patchy, skin. The only time I wouldn't wear my "mask" of makeup is at home, my mom finally took a good look at my skin and said all that makeup was damaging my skin and wouldn't let me wear anymore---THE HORROR. Ever since my makeup privileges were taken away, my terrible acne scars were mocked b the public; people would stare at me, take second glances at my horrible skin, and some youngsters even made fun of me. All of this took a toll on me and I tried various natural remedies to try to get rid of my scars--- milk, lemon juice, sugar scrubs, cucumber juice---nothing was working well. Luckily I had enough and out of desperation I got ambi fade cream and my life changed. Since most of my scars were old, an application of 3x a day, and within one and a half weeks my scars were GONE. I have a few left but they are fading. For about $7 this is a miracle product that SAVED MY LIFE. I have "normal" looking skin now. Thank god for the makers of this product. It made me happy and feel human again. The only down part to this product is that you have to wear sunscreen or else your bleached skin spots will come back, never less I LOVE IT. The smell doesn't bother me, it's fairly cheap, and last and for all...IT WORKS. All you need is some money, diligence, and of course...patience :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by amyphoto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have very fair skin, and hyperpigmentation from hormones or sun or age. I am 41. I love this product. After a month, the biggest spots are not completely gone, but signifcantly lighter The smaller spots are nearly gone. The many spots I was starting to develop on my chest are almost completely gone. This product has sunscreen in it, but I am not sure what the SPF is, so I always wear another sunscreen on top of it in the daytime. At night I wear this product under night time moisturizers as well. Great product. I purchased a $100 product from a department store a year ago, and it did practically nothing. If this is as light as my spots will get, I am already happier. My skin tone overall has dramatically improved as well. Much more even toned. My boyfriend says my skin has never looked better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by maimoromo2004

I really love this product ... it's light weight & makes effect after 2 weeks you'll feel it
but bad thing it smells funny for me :D
i added the package pictures to my blog so you can read everything about it before buying

Hope you like this <3

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by kiara402

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been using this 2/3time with conjuntion of walgreen alpha hydroxy cream amd I see such a difference. I had really dark spots and with use of this items see such a.difference. I update anything changes. I hope it just erase my dark spot because.i hate having to apply concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by MayiraMia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Its been a week since I bought it, the one for oily skin. So far so good because I have not had a bad reaction to it. As far as removing acne scars, I think I need to give it more time. I will update my review in a few weeks. Although my skin does seem brighter even now after 4 days of use! I use it all over face and at bedtime only.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

IMO you get what you pay for when it comes to this product, so I'm not too surprised that my acne scars didn't improve or lighten during the 2 months I used this "fade cream." It smells terrible, like burnt toast, and the scent doesn't dissipate over time either:( I felt like I could smell it all night and still when I woke up in the AM it lingered. Unfortunately, this formula breaks me out badly and the oily/combo formula is greasy and leaves a film on skin, this product is comedogenic and contains known pore clogging/ irritating ingredients, it contains silicones, ie dimethicone which can wreak havoc on acne-prone skin. Overall, I'm just not a fan and nothing about it impresses me besides the cheap price. If dark spots/acne scars are a problem for you, I highly recommend Mario Badescu's Whitening Mask, it really helps lighten and tone problem spots without irritation.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Kaylalee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was okay. It wasn't how I expected it would be. It said that it would take about 2 weeks to see the results but for me, it took more than 2 weeks. I could see A LITTLE difference but not how I expected it to me. Maybe it wasn't right for me. IDK. I wouldn't purchase the product again.