Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Mask

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Quaternium-80, Amodimethicone, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Algae Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, Trideceth-12, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone

I bought this product because of all the raving about it. Initially I was very pleased with the results, then I read that it contains silicones and this is the reason why you see and feel results, but this is just a temporary effect. Recently, I have decided to give it another chance, as my hair was really looking like a broom. I left it for at least 10 min (the more the better) and then the difference was huge - my hair was more silky, no more visible split ends. So I decided that it is the best repair treatment I used so far. It is true that if you don't use it the effects wear off, but this is also the case with any body lotion, no matter how expensive it is. If you stop using it, the skin loses its hydration.
I give it 4 and not 5 stars as the price is quite high and I have the tendency to use generous amounts.

on 9/22/2014 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think the only way this product would be the worth the price is because of how little you need of this.IT lasted me about 2 years once every month! Need a very little on ends of towel dried hair leave in for 7 minutes...easy enough. I've used way too much before because I've seen others on YouTube globbing it up. It has oils and silicones in it which will cause weigh down and build up. It smells AMAZING and its a nice thick pasty consistency which I'm very fond of but I don't find it does wonders for my hair. It definitely doesn't repair it(not with those ingredients) and the wonderful 1st day hair affects dont last long. I can go about a day before my ends are dry again and my roots are oily(even if not applied to them). I wouldn't repurchase just because I use my joico k pack intense hydrator and enjoy that one much better for about half the price! It has the perfect amount of proteins and moisture and limited silicone so it can really sink in! The macadamia masque for me just feels like it coats the hair and makes it nice "looking". Joico makes it feel and look amazing and with continued use it does slowly repair damage! So I would suggest buying a sample sacket of this first before making the plunge. To me it was a good product just dont have lasting affects and and it works just as good as way cheaper ones I've tried.

on 9/7/2014 10:03:00 PM

For the price of $30.00 this is not worth the value. It is thick and does smell nice, but do I feel like this does a $30.00 miracle on my hair? No! It is average. I am sure there are better hair masque's out there such as the joico kpak intense hydrator which costs half the amount. Not a miracle worker but a nice conditioner in general.

on 9/3/2014 9:27:00 AM

This mask produces decent results, smells pleasant, and doesn't seem to build up. I only wish they carried it somewhere more convenient for me than Ulta. Target supposedly carries it, but the closest Target that has it in stock is 45 minutes away. I took this mask for granted and tried others, but will be going back to this one as soon as I run out of the one I am using now.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

okay so the first time I got this as a gift last summer because it was $42 and there was no way in hell I was buying that. But IG anything was worth that much money it was this conditioner.WOW I loved it, my hair was suuuper soft and silky after use for up to three days. It was so great I was conflicted between using it all the time and making it last lol. But just recently I got it as a gift again and it's' not the same, to my disappointment. I think it's a different formula? Or maybe because my hair thickened up over the year and it's kinkier. But I know for sure it smells a little different, looks different, has a different consitency, and did not produce the same results. Maybe I'll buy one more to tiebreaker.

on 8/13/2014 3:04:00 PM

I like this macadamia mask but not $30 like it... Trying to find something else I like since my favorite conditioner is apparently discontinued...this left my hair VERY soft & shiny but much too oily the second day. I guess this stuff is too much for my fine hair since it's not really damaged .. Had some highlights done over a yr ago but that's it (I hate blow dryers, never use them or any heat really except at the hair salon once or twice a year) I will continue stockpiling my Biolage conditioning balm...
Hope I can figure out a way to use this up.. Maybe I'll like it more in winter when the air is more dry

on 8/8/2014 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My hair is damaged from straightening, and i didnt want to cut it because it was starting to get pretty long. After one use of this, i could feel my hair getting softer and healthier. My hair used to feel like straw, but now its silky and so much healthier! Total lifesaver. Definetly buying this again

DEFINITELY GONNA RE-PURCHASE THIS ITEM AGAIN! sorry for all the caps, but I can't rave how good this product this! Together with 3 pumps of the oil, god, it's perfect! ❤️️❤️️❤️️

on 8/2/2014 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

my hair is fine, but rather damaged from dying, bleaching, and heat. this product smells great and leave my hair rather soft at the top, less damaged, layers. however, at the longer layers of my hair which have been bleached, the mask doesnt really 'repair' the hair at all. i got the mask as a present, but its definitely too expensive for me to buy myself. i got mine for around $50AUD for the 250ml tub. the packaging is cute, and the little cover inside the tub is great in case you drop it or something.

like the product, but would not repurchase. i think i can find equal or better products for less.

on 8/1/2014 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

My coarse, dry, long, culry hair HATED this stuff! Actually my locks still seek revenge for how this supposed "repair" mask did it wrong...

Ugh. Right out of the gate this made my hair feel nasty. On application it felt dry and made my hair feel straw-like. I thought "well maybe its one of those conditioners that won't be noticable until my hair is dry". Erk, wrong! It tangled like crazy and gave me crazy fly-a-ways and frizz. I tried it a couple of times but had to add a gazillion leave ins to fix my hair, so what is the point? Basically I coulda just set 30 bucks on fire instead of buying this.

With so many great macadamia hair products now available I am surprised this one is still so expensive. Its the worst I have tried. Do yourself a solid and hit sally's for some better macadamia conditioners at a fraction of the price of this one.

Popular Hair Products