October 23, 2014 | 1709 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Lasting Finish Pro

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by perfmem54

I have this polish in every color available and it is the best, most lasting polish I've ever worn. I have two drawers full of every brand made I think and nothing compares to this Rimmel. I got most of mine at Walgreen's for aroud four bucks and now they have a buy one, get one 50% off. My only complaint is that I wish they had more colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

It's not often I find an HG of anything. And finding an HG in nail polish is rare because essentially they're all pretty much the same to me. The only thing that sets any of them apart is the wear and even then I have a hard time finding anything that lasts a week without a chip. Until this!!!! I got this about a month ago in Burgundy Flirt which is a beautiful, dark, rich red. I was a little freaked out when I first saw the brush because it's just really different...it's wide, with a curve at the end and I had visions of it being messy. Needn't have worried. Application was fast and NOT messy. I just made sure to not overload the brush. The glossy shine of this is wonderful! and lasted the entire week I wore it. Now for the wear -- this is without a doubt the longest lasting nail color I've ever used and I've tried Sally Hansen, OPI, Orly, Maybelline, Covergirl, Revlon....let's just say I've tried most every one on the market (except for department store....I just don't get spending that much on nail polish whether I can afford it or not). It wore at the tips, but I have never had a chip using this nail polish. And I use my hands a LOT. I work in a computer lab and am constantly on a keyboard or messing with hardware and cables. I can't attest to the what it says on the front of the bottle which is 10 days because I do my nails every weekend so a week is as long as I go. But I've worn this every week this month and it hasn't let me down yet. Since that first purchase, I've purchased "Steel Grey" (looks like a mauve/taupe), Hot Cocoa (haven't tried yet), Midnight Blue (very dark and hard to tell it's blue but I just applied this a.m. and haven't been out in the sun yet), and the Base Coat/Top Coat. Very affordable -- I paid $4.49 at CVS and if you have coupon or they're having a promotion, it's even more of a steal. Highly recommend. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by lrigtnahpele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this in 375 Stiletto Red, 390 Burgundy Flirt, 380 Red Rock, 200 Bare Naked, 330 Posh Pink, 410 Purple Rain, 310 Sunset Orange, 270 Steel Grey, 170 Crystal Clear and the Base & Top Coat Pro.

I really love the formula and brush. Not streaky, dries fast, nice in one coat but the best in 2 coats, minimal wear at the finger tips (I use and wash my hands a lot at work). My favourites are all the reds :)

The Base & Top Coat Pro, when used as a top coat, bleeds the nail polish colour so sometimes you see a bit of debris at the bottom of the bottle. Doesn't transfer when you do your nails again though, just makes the bottle a bit dirty.

The only thing I don't like is Crystal Clear. I find the formula to be really thin and it chips like no tomorrow.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by f0revery0ung19

i have this nail polish in 260 gold silk, 330 posh pink, 340 marine blue.
I love the colours, and i love the brushes ! it lasted 2 weeks for me :)
definitely re-purchasing :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by mandeemandee

I purchased this in 140 (French Rose). The brush is wide and minimizes streaks, the formula is nice and creamy. I find that 2 coats is enough, 3 for a true opaque look. It dries fairly quickly in comparison with some other high-end nail polishes. Tip wear is minimal (no top coat) after 5 days. The new square packaging looks nice, and I wouldn't change a thing about the product in general!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by AAAMama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As a new nail polish 'addict' i can safely say that this has become a must-have polish. The bottle, brush, formula and drying time are fan-freaking-tastic. I cannot even begin to think of a single complaint about this polish.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by haykitty

Love this polish.
I own steel grey, purple rain, and cherry..fushion? They're all exactly as they appear to be in the bottle (purple rain is a 3 coater). They have a nice wide brush and once you get used to it - they apply like a dream. Purple rain is very close to Lincoln Park After Dark (at $3.89!). Steel Grey is fairly close to Essie Chinchilly, maybe? But a bit darker. So much so that I opted not to get chinchilly because I already owned steel grey.
Easy to apply. Great value. Minimal chipping.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by crazed666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great nail polishes! The large, flat brush makes application a breeze and with two coats it's nice and opaque. Although it does not stay on for the advertized 10 days, it does last a long time, maybe 4-6 days? I picked up 'Black Satin' first since I wanted an inexpensive plain black, and I fell in love with the brand. I also own the top/base coat and have just bought 'Desert Rose'. Will probably buy more. You can't beat the price either!
Beware though of putting on too many coats too fast without letting it dry properly, may lead to bubbles.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by paradox13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I like the overall quality of these nail polishes. the polish claims to be 10 day wear - i find them to be long wearing but they start to chip after 4-5 days of application. i love the flat brush on these - i can paint my nails in 3 easy swipes.
i have 4 shades. - the hot cocoa shade is a brown rosy color which looks very classy. absolutely love the color. The steel grey shade is suppose to be a dupe for a chanel polish. On my nc 44 skin tone , it does not do much. The french manicure is a sheer pale pink which looks beautiful on toes and fingers. i sometimes use it as a base coat. i recently got midnight blue but have not used it yet. Will post an update once i have used it a few times.
i have all the shades that interest me in the collection that i usually see in CVS/Walgreens. i wish rimmel came with more exciting shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by funkyniblets

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this polish in 3 shades so far and will definitely purchase more in the future. The formula is great, not too streaky; the brush is easy to work with as well. It usually lasts about 5 or 6 days on me without chipping.
Steel Grey is a must-have taupe-y grey!