September 1, 2014 | 1571 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Bunnylopez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This primer works for me because it leaves a silky finish that makes blending shadows easier. I've tried all the "best" primers out there and this one out performs them all the time. My HG shadow primer for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by beautylatte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

HG eyeshadow primer! I got a deluxe sample of this with my LORAC Pro Palette. This product has transformed my eyeshadow stash. For example, I have had the Stila In the Garden palette for a couple years. It has beautiful shades but I didn't use it too often because I just could not get the colors to show up on me too well. Using those shadows with this primer has improved their color payoff and longevity by 1000% and so I use them much more! I was using the UDPP but tossed it as soon as I tried this, cuz it ain't got nothin' on the LORAC. For me, this is exactly what an eyeshadow primer should be.

A little goes a long way, too much and it clumps a little on your eyelid, and you have to work to smooth it out. Slightly tacky and your eyeshadow will stick like glue which is a good thing! My eyeshadows blend beautifully over it and last all day.

When this sample runs out, I am getting the full size for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by dustyjil

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a full size tube, which is very large compared to other brands. I used it and loved it, but always stray, and come back. So my tube has been open for awhile and the product is a bit thicker than when I first opened it. I was going to toss, I've got my money's worth from what I've already used since this is fairly reasonably priced anyway, but I got in a value priced kit, I was in a rush and needed to use what was at hand, and guess what?! I like it thick as well. I warm it between my two ring fingers, it applies more like MAC painterly paint pot and works wonders, It provides the same non-drying base as when first opened, just a bit different application. A little goes a long way, and too much is not a good thing. This has a subtle neutral color which conceals the redness of my lids. I love this and will continue to use it. I'm sure I'll stray, as I have other brands in my stash, but I'm also sure I'll come back and rediscover my love for it!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a deluxe sample with my Lorac Pro Palette (which is incredible, btw!). For the price of the full size, you get a ton of product that will last forever. Months later I still have a good amount of my sample left. Performance wise, it's just alright. If I wanted to do a precise eyeshadow look with multiple colors I wouldn't use this one. By the end of the day my eyeshadows looks a little muddy, and darker as if they oxidized on my oily lids. You only need a small amount per eye and it smooths out nicely. It comes in a squeeze tube which I don't mind. I am Black, and I love that this product does not leave color behind. For everyday, simpler makeup looks it's fine. To be honest I probably wouldn't purchase a larger one at full price, but I certainly wouldn't hesitate to get another sample.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by UDAddict

This is the only shadow primer I will use. Maybe I have weird lids, but all the other turn to glue or cement on my eyes. This one, however, glides on, dries quickly, holds my shadow in place all day, isn't a pain to remove... Start to finish, the product works well. (Note: age 45, climate is OMG hot with zero humidity.) I like a product that does so well, you forgot you applied it--this is that product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by dianaisabel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this with my Lorac pro palette. I absolutely love it. I have neither dry nor oily eyelids and this works well. I like it better than UDPP because the UDPP is very watery and i prefer a more tacky feel. This primer does bring out vibrancy in eyeshadows and it also works for concealers to stick under the eyes! The only con I have about this primer is that if you overdue it by a little, it will get very chunky and clump up on your lids (thats why i gave 4 lippies) so a little does go a very long way! Which in the long run will last you a very long time. This primer has 47 oz compared to UDPP which is only 37 oz and behind the scenes only costs one dollar more! It also is INCREDIBLE for helping eyeshadows blend! It has cut down my time tremendously. I am an NC35 in Mac and this primer shows up beigy clear on my lids! I have used this primer with UD eyeshadows, drugstore eyeshadows, too faced shadows and lorac shadows. Works great on all especially drugstores because it makes them worth it. I definitely recommend!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm using a sample which is huge. This is disappointing as I believe company's tend to put their best foot forward with samples and less so with the full size product: (OT) Have you ever used a fabulous sample and bought the product which was a dud?

Anyway.
The huge sample is greasy on my oily eyelids. I cleanse, moisturize, add shine-free products to keep the oil down before m/u application. Then to add something oily on top just isn't right.
If you have dry skin you may love this.

The primer spreads to an 'invisible' finish. I end up using more than necessary just to make sure I've covered everything. Because of the invisible spread-on, I also spend too much time spreading it around (again, just to make sure everything's covered) - unlike my fav UDPP eden, the matte finish has light color base I can see where its going so I use the right amount with no question that everything is covered.
Also under eyes, where eden keeps everything in place with less crinkling, Lorac seems determined to find every tiny crevice right away. If you use this, use it over the eye only, not under.

I've tried a lot of products that didn't work. This is the first product that didn't work for me that I really really wanted to like. So I gave 2 stars because the brand still appeals to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 7:15:00 AM More reviews by AzariahH

I had to do another post because somehow my rating on my previous wasn't good when again, ill reiterate, this is soo good!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by LovesPromos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is pretty good. I got it in a set. I usually either use UDPP or TFSI so I thought it was nice that I got to try a new primer. It feels tacky when you apply it so it definitely makes your eyeshadow stick. No issues with this. I prefer UDPP only because I feel like you use less with it and it a little thinner consistency. But this is pretty nice too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by joneschick114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Very Nice primer, feels luxurious.

I got a mini of this with the purchase of my Lorac Pro Palette, which is nice because I didn't need to run out and get the corresponding eye primer to go with my palette. The design of the tube is very luxe and Hollywood glam feeling (as is most LORAC stuff, I presume). I like that its a squeeze tube and that its small so it comfortably fits in my train case and is perfect for travel. I kinda like/don't like the slanted top. While its fits comfortably on the lid it is a little easy to squeeze too much and its hard to see how much you squeeze if you apply directly to the lid. Plus, a little bit will cake the top, so be careful to clean it and try not to be wasteful. Its best to put a little on your finger, then hand apply. I almost would have liked this to have a tiny needle nose tip, but its fine as it is. I will say that you only need the smallest amount. If you apply too much you will run the risk of creasing- which is exactly what you don't want! I've had some creasing with this due too much product/other products on my lids- so keep your application light. The formula is very silky so just the tiniest dab with spread evenly. It has a silky, silicone feel, quite similar to the TFSI. It is nothing like the creamy/tacky UDPP, Elf Lid Primer or Palladio Herbal Primer and nothing like the wet and creamy Benefit's Stay Don't Stray (if you would like a comparison). This primer works great with the Pro Palette shadows and I'm glad I got it with the purchase cuz I'm kinda a primer nut!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No