July 26, 2014 | 1384 users online

Polishes - OPI - Meet Me On The Star Ferry

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Vittoriak

It was really an impulsive purchase. When my (now) fiance first started dating, we took the Star Ferry very often. So the name is very romantic and endearing for me. It's not really the usual kind of colour that I would wear. I am more of a cream pink/red kind of girl. But this one works surprisingly well for me. The purple matches with my skintone and the glitters are not overpowering. The colour works beautifully for me on both fingers and toes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by reganhollady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is really pretty and unusual. I'm fair, warm toned and 54 years old, and usually buy bronzey or darker matte polishes in hopes of minimizing my long skinny toes. This violet/purple is a radical departure for me. It looks great and I'm so glad I branched out a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by fashionmaven93

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am new to OPI, and this is my second polish from the company. Now I know what I've been missing!

Color: A mauve, but not boring. It leans more toward purple, with a multicolored shimmer and coppery sheen.

Packaging: I have the original brush on mine, and I like that it's firm, but not stiff, and doesn't drip. The bottle is easy to open and doesn't get stuck shut.

Formula: It's nearly opaque in one coat, but really comes alive with two. Dries in about ten minutes per coat, and applies smoothly over start to finish.

Longevity: So far, I've had it on for a week, and it still looks awesome. No chips or wear yet.

I am also switching to cruelty free products and I think it's noteworthy that OPI is cruelty-free (as recognized by the PETA) and does not contain formaldehyde.

Great polish and great brand!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by nikki5

I got this shade this past spring (think its Hong Kong collection??), and I can't wait to bust this out again for the fall! Its a beautiful mauvey/purplish shade with sparkles in it. The sparkles are not OTT, just gives a fun sheen to your piggies. 2 coats is all I need with this. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 8:58:00 AM More reviews by masha814

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a lovely mauve shade with a dense, subtle, coppery shimmer. Needs 3 coats, the formula is a little thin/clumpy, but by the third coat it smooths out. It's a subtle enough shade for day or office wear, but not at all dull. A very unique color combo, and probably the only mauve polish in my collection, as I generally find mauve completely underwhelming. Works better with cooler skin tones, but I'm warm-toned and it looks fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by jennifer1960

I found a swatch online and thought it looked wonderful Here in Germany OPI is very expensive EUR 16, so you think twice if you really need it.

I just put it on my hands and feet and it looks extravagant, stunning. A color you can wear all year long, very elegant. And in sunlight it is even more impressing than in artificial light.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by kadbeauty

When I first got a manicure with this color, I was surprised by the multi-dimensional shimmer. The color is a gorgeous purple with metallic shine, but it doesn't have the chunkiness of glitter fragments. OPI's brushes are very easy to use because they hold a lot of liquid, and you don;t need to paint each nail fast because if you pause the color doesn't streak. Great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by wildflower85

This was a wl item for me here on MUA, and I was thrilled to get it. I was attracted by both the color and the name, and I just love this polish. Great formula, it goes on very smooth, and the wider brush (I know, some of you don't like it) is great for a quick mani. This is definitely a spring or fall color, more muted than what you would necessarily want to wear in the summer, but I'm still loving it. It's a lovely purple/copper color that looks nothing like anything else I have. In the bottle, it almost looks like an Essie It's Genius dupe, but once it's on, it's got a whole character of its own. I'm in love.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by kissesinbetween

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Was okay. Painted it on my toes.
I bought it because I saw the swatch on ALU and it looks lighter than it actually is and pretty, but yeah it was different. Swapped it away!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by candyrivera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I really like this color a lot! I love purples and this is such a gorgeous color. It goes on great, not streaky at all. It has a great pay off as well, doesn't chip easily. What you see in the bottle is the color you get, which is wonderful. Pictures seem to not be able to really capture how pretty it is. It has subtle shimmer in which I usually do not go for, but is so lovely. It one of my new favorite purples. I would definitely buy this polish again.