July 23, 2014 | 2132 users online

Crème - MAC - Mineralize Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2012 3:52:00 AM More reviews by MsDebbie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

RICH CREAMY TEXTURE HOWEVER...Out of the many MAC foundations available, this is the only one described for dry skin types. It feels silky when applied because it is a cream formula, but after awhile it becomes "cakey" and settles into lines, even with only using a minimal amount of product :(
On the other hand, my MAC Pro Face and Body foundation and MAC Studio Sculpt work wonders, so this will be my travel compact for touch ups.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by katmu1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for the last month. I would agree with previous reviewers who describe the coverage as light-to-medium. I have dry, sensitive skin and was a little nervous how the sunscreen ingredient would work for me but so far I haven't had any issues. I apply this with a foundation brush and then do a bit of final blending with a makeup sponge and I really love the results. This doesn't seem to settle into fine lines during the day or emphasize my dry spots so those are both big pluses in my book. And it lasts better than other foundations I've tried with about the same amount of coverage. I actually like that it comes in a compact as that will be good for travel but I'm a little disappointed that after a month there is already a gap around the outside of the pan, so I'm hoping this doesn't dry out too quickly. Overall, I'm pleased and would likely repurchase unless I can find something better.

For reference 42 with dry, sensitive clog prone skin. I matched to NC15 in this. Some other brands & shades I match to are Bobbi Brown Porcelain, Becca LSC Sand, Tarte AC in Fair.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by pinkchopstix13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this foundation! I’m not usually a fan of cream compacts as my skin sometimes runs dry and the cream foundations can really highlight my dry patches but I do not have any issues with this little gem. It is creamy and smooth and feels moisturizing without being greasy or too heavy. I was color matched at the counter with NW20 and it is spot on! I have never had a foundation that matched me so perfectly. I would consider it light to medium coverage but it is build-able. I like to apply this foundation with either a stippling brush or a flat head blender brush which only requires a small amount of product while still creating a near flawless finish. This foundation wears well throughout the day and hasn’t caused any break outs or anything like that. It’s a new favorite for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by kandyglam112

Me: NC30, normal-dry, discoloration, bad history with Mac skin makeup, little to no acne, uneven redness

Background: I went to my Mac counter in pursuit of a new cream foundation, as gossmakeupartist seems to love those dearly. I was a C3 in their "Face and Body" foundation, which made me break out horrifically once, but I decided to give this Mineralize foundation a chance. I was not aware of the steep price ($32) nor lovely ingredients (77 minerals that have been bio-fermented into a yeast extract and their Multimineral Complex IV, a water-based solution of Potassium,Magnesium, Sodium and Zinc)

Application: I moisturize with Embryolisse's thick moisturizer. No primer. I open up the giant compact and stipple the product onto my ELF Studio Powder Brush (which is amazing). It still smells kinda strange, but knowing that its because of all those weird natural root extracts relaxes me a little. The coverage is between light-medium. But because NC30 is a perfect match for my skin, I can build this up wherever I want without it looking cakey. I like to use it to cover the redness in my cheeks so I can apply a blush truer to its color. The foundation instantly leaves a luminous, natural finish. I then apply concealer. I don't need a powder. Lovely.

Longevity: This simply does not budge, even without a primer. I can get through 9 hours of school and sport (without breaking out). The finish remains the same, which is often not the case. The foundation does not oxidize. There isn't very much product it seems, but you only need the most microscopic bit when you use a stippling brush with cream foundation.

Packaging: The packaging is ridiculously chunky and unnecessary. It's similar to a powder compact, but with that extra compartment below the actual foundation that contains a trashy, useless sponge that a.) doesn't apply the foundation and b.) harbors scary mounds of bacteria, if not replaced often. It gets a 2 because the simplicity is good, like all Mac products.

Side notes: After using this for a month, it still doesn't break me out, although other Mac face products have. I highly recommend it, despite it's priciness. I hope this review has helped some other person out there find try out this foundation, which has quickly become my holy grail.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by SarahOkaru

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this a couple days ago and have worn it more than once. I have acne on my forehead and foundations usually don't cover it up that well but this one did :D It makes me feel pretty when I wear it which I haven't felt in a long time. It's in my exact color(NC25) but for me it gets a tiny bot lighter when it dries? But it still looks pretty so I'm happy :DDD

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by dexatek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

They always said cream foundation is not for dry skin. This product is the best evidence that this statement is not true. I thought tinted moisturizers, like Laura Mercier worked better with my dry skin. They look natural and are easy to blend. However any TM provide only sheer to medium coverage. In my research for a foundation compatible with my skin I failed with liquid ones in most major brands, either they look cakey when dries out, fake or waxy look plus messy and hard to blend, wich I dislike. This Mac Mineralize spf 15 cream foundation gives you a flawless look, so pretty, natural and light.
PROS: Nice texture, easy to blend, not too dewy or matte, skin looks fresh,natural
TIP: For Medium-full coverage Apply with foundation brush, paddle type (for dry skin avoid stipple, blush , kabuki brushes, they will make your skin flake in patches)
For a more sheer, "just enough" coverage similar to aTM, apply with a wet sponge.
Finish application by lightly buffing to blend with a clean beauty blender sponge, in circular motion. And WOW your face would be at its best.
CONs: To my experience, so far, it doesn't last long. Probably 8 hours at most
No much product.
I love this product, it has very good quality and I highly recomend it for any person with dry skin. I don't think it works well for oily skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by SSH1958

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

NOTE: this runs 'dark' compared to other MAC foundations.

My HG for years and years was Colorstay. But I could never get a really good match to my skin. I wanted SFF (I love the ironwear foundations!) but reality sets in at some point. I'm in my 50's - I now have combo skin (normal/dry) and the SFF was 'grabbing' - the MUA suggested this - and after she applied it -- I looked like I had 'skin' not a mask on.

She used a brush and I tried with every type of foundation brush I have (and I have 6 different ones) - was almost ready to return it when I was killing time in CVS and they had a $5 'beauty blender'. Perfect application with that!!!

Now, this MUST be set with powder (using Mineralize Skinfinish Natural) or it will migrate. It is not full coverage - but more sheer/light/medium depending on how applied. I use a 'cast iron' concealer (MAC Prolongwear, btw) on spots, capillaries, etc before foundation (let it dry) and then this. Then my under eye corrector then set it all.

Yes, it's pricey and I wish there were a dupe in a shade for me NW25) - but walking around knowing that 'your face' isn't right does nothing for one's confidence.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by NhancedBeauty

Ok, so why has this product not got a better score here?!

I usually used Estee Lauder Double Wear/ MAC's Studio Fix Fluid/ Powder/ Bobbi Brown's stick foundation and I own a lot more foundations from other brands. The three main ones are for different purposes.

I was on the hunt for a foundation that would make my skin look beautiful, smooth, non cakey and hide my billion dark freckles. A non oily foundation thats easy to appy and can deal with oil. I have a VERY oily Tzone. I'm very please with this foundation...VERY pleased. I did try Studio Sculpt but that just would not blend in my skin, plus they shea butter was a huge problem.

All I did was put on some green primer(lots of redness on my face). Then with a stippling brush buffed it intomy skin.Though its medium coverage, I just apply a tad extra a voila i can hide my freckles (Please note: no foundation has yet been able to hide them, but this works great). Buffed it in my skin gently, put on a bit of powder to "lock" it in and done! It looks superb! I danced all night today, and when I got home, it looked the same!! I <3 this foundation! I'd definitely give it a go!!! I have combination skin and make it work! :D

I was an NC30 int he studio fix fluid...and after a re-check I changed to a NW22 (which matches me WAY more). In the mineralise I tried on NW25 and NW20. The NW20 looked wayyy more natural on me, so thats the shade I got :D

EDIT______________
Knocking of two lippies, it doesn't last on my face for more than 3hrs (will try with different moisturiser and report back!)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by guiltypleasures

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The coverage is light/medium but you can layer up to medium. It has a GORGEOUS finish... if your skin is on the dry side you don't even need to powder. It's semi-matte, quite natural looking.
I think it's best suitable for dry, normal, combo skin that is not too oily. I can see it not working on someone with oily skin since it is a bit moisturizing. I didn't have any breakouts with this but I'm not acne-prone. I do have super sensitive skin and I had no irritation.
My only con is that the container has very little product... I went through compacts super quickly. Other than that, it's awesome and I would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by applecour

This used to be my go-to foundation until I realized it was what was not only causing break outs on my forehead, but was also causing the skin on the sides of my nose, chin and in between my eyebrows to peel off. I gave it a 2 because it does look nice, but when I purchased this I was not intending to receive a chemical peel.