MAC Mineralize Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate 2.50% Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Isohexadecane, Dextrin Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Triethylhexanoin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract\Beta Vulgaris\Extrait De Racine De Betterave, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Lysine, PEG-15/Lauryl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearoyl Inulin, Magnesium Chloride, Octyldodecyl PCA, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Zinc Chloride, Isododecane, Potassium Chloride, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]

My HG foundation. MAC foundation generally break me out so I stayed away for years but I'm glad I decided to try this one. I've been using it for two years now!

I prefer creme foundation because (in my opinion) it goes on smoother and creates a more flawless look. I apply it with a sponge and use a stippling brush to make it look more natural. I don't use a primer or powder and this foundation will last all day and night. Also the finish is natural. Not too dewy and not matte. You can build more layers if you need more coverage but generally I use very little.

The results are amazing. It doesn't dry out my skin or make it look greasy. I've gotten a lot of compliments on how great my skin looks even when I'm breaking out a little bit.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I loved this creme foundation it gave me flawless coverage with very little product my face didnt feel smothered or caked and it didnt make me look shiny it was easy to apply, it lasted all day it was worth every penny!

Purely as a comparison to BareMinerals, I really didn't like this product for 2 reasons. 1. It made me break out like never before (deep cysts that won't go away for a while) and 2. The colour was too orangey on me (I'm a NC/NW15?).

If and when I do breakout, its usually along the cheeks and jawline, and i tried this product on my forehead. I've had these horrible pimples for over a week now while the rest of my skin is blemish free. For this reason, I wouldn't purchase this product, there's definitely irritants in there.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Once again, a MAC foundation creates fans and foes.

If you've read the other reviews, you know this is a cream foundation that "dries down."

I can't imagine even attempting to put this on with anything but a duo-fiber brush and I am a pretty experienced make-up artist. It requires blending that a sponge or flat foundation brush simply can't apply.

Also, I think it is best applied over a primer. But not a moisturizer. A true silicone primer, BTW.

So if you can do all that, I think you get a really lovely finish that other MAC products don't provide.

I agree that it is a tiny amount for the price but this is a foundation that must be used and not left in the drawer. It won't "age" well and I imagine that just opening and closing the compact will let lots of air affect the product quality.

So if you have sensitive skin and only want medium coverage that looks "natural," it is a good product. But it isn't a silicone - based product which will provide a smoother finish.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

RICH CREAMY TEXTURE HOWEVER...Out of the many MAC foundations available, this is the only one described for dry skin types. It feels silky when applied because it is a cream formula, but after awhile it becomes "cakey" and settles into lines, even with only using a minimal amount of product :(
On the other hand, my MAC Pro Face and Body foundation and MAC Studio Sculpt work wonders, so this will be my travel compact for touch ups.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've been using this foundation for the last month. I would agree with previous reviewers who describe the coverage as light-to-medium. I have dry, sensitive skin and was a little nervous how the sunscreen ingredient would work for me but so far I haven't had any issues. I apply this with a foundation brush and then do a bit of final blending with a makeup sponge and I really love the results. This doesn't seem to settle into fine lines during the day or emphasize my dry spots so those are both big pluses in my book. And it lasts better than other foundations I've tried with about the same amount of coverage. I actually like that it comes in a compact as that will be good for travel but I'm a little disappointed that after a month there is already a gap around the outside of the pan, so I'm hoping this doesn't dry out too quickly. Overall, I'm pleased and would likely repurchase unless I can find something better.

For reference 42 with dry, sensitive clog prone skin. I matched to NC15 in this. Some other brands & shades I match to are Bobbi Brown Porcelain, Becca LSC Sand, Tarte AC in Fair.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love this foundation! I’m not usually a fan of cream compacts as my skin sometimes runs dry and the cream foundations can really highlight my dry patches but I do not have any issues with this little gem. It is creamy and smooth and feels moisturizing without being greasy or too heavy. I was color matched at the counter with NW20 and it is spot on! I have never had a foundation that matched me so perfectly. I would consider it light to medium coverage but it is build-able. I like to apply this foundation with either a stippling brush or a flat head blender brush which only requires a small amount of product while still creating a near flawless finish. This foundation wears well throughout the day and hasn’t caused any break outs or anything like that. It’s a new favorite for sure!

Me: NC30, normal-dry, discoloration, bad history with Mac skin makeup, little to no acne, uneven redness

Background: I went to my Mac counter in pursuit of a new cream foundation, as gossmakeupartist seems to love those dearly. I was a C3 in their "Face and Body" foundation, which made me break out horrifically once, but I decided to give this Mineralize foundation a chance. I was not aware of the steep price ($32) nor lovely ingredients (77 minerals that have been bio-fermented into a yeast extract and their Multimineral Complex IV, a water-based solution of Potassium,Magnesium, Sodium and Zinc)

Application: I moisturize with Embryolisse's thick moisturizer. No primer. I open up the giant compact and stipple the product onto my ELF Studio Powder Brush (which is amazing). It still smells kinda strange, but knowing that its because of all those weird natural root extracts relaxes me a little. The coverage is between light-medium. But because NC30 is a perfect match for my skin, I can build this up wherever I want without it looking cakey. I like to use it to cover the redness in my cheeks so I can apply a blush truer to its color. The foundation instantly leaves a luminous, natural finish. I then apply concealer. I don't need a powder. Lovely.

Longevity: This simply does not budge, even without a primer. I can get through 9 hours of school and sport (without breaking out). The finish remains the same, which is often not the case. The foundation does not oxidize. There isn't very much product it seems, but you only need the most microscopic bit when you use a stippling brush with cream foundation.

Packaging: The packaging is ridiculously chunky and unnecessary. It's similar to a powder compact, but with that extra compartment below the actual foundation that contains a trashy, useless sponge that a.) doesn't apply the foundation and b.) harbors scary mounds of bacteria, if not replaced often. It gets a 2 because the simplicity is good, like all Mac products.

Side notes: After using this for a month, it still doesn't break me out, although other Mac face products have. I highly recommend it, despite it's priciness. I hope this review has helped some other person out there find try out this foundation, which has quickly become my holy grail.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this a couple days ago and have worn it more than once. I have acne on my forehead and foundations usually don't cover it up that well but this one did :D It makes me feel pretty when I wear it which I haven't felt in a long time. It's in my exact color(NC25) but for me it gets a tiny bot lighter when it dries? But it still looks pretty so I'm happy :DDD

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

They always said cream foundation is not for dry skin. This product is the best evidence that this statement is not true. I thought tinted moisturizers, like Laura Mercier worked better with my dry skin. They look natural and are easy to blend. However any TM provide only sheer to medium coverage. In my research for a foundation compatible with my skin I failed with liquid ones in most major brands, either they look cakey when dries out, fake or waxy look plus messy and hard to blend, wich I dislike. This Mac Mineralize spf 15 cream foundation gives you a flawless look, so pretty, natural and light.
PROS: Nice texture, easy to blend, not too dewy or matte, skin looks fresh,natural
TIP: For Medium-full coverage Apply with foundation brush, paddle type (for dry skin avoid stipple, blush , kabuki brushes, they will make your skin flake in patches)
For a more sheer, "just enough" coverage similar to aTM, apply with a wet sponge.
Finish application by lightly buffing to blend with a clean beauty blender sponge, in circular motion. And WOW your face would be at its best.
CONs: To my experience, so far, it doesn't last long. Probably 8 hours at most
No much product.
I love this product, it has very good quality and I highly recomend it for any person with dry skin. I don't think it works well for oily skin.