January 28, 2015 | 1616 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by uptownracoon

I really really wanted to like this foundation, but it broke me out every single time i used it. I researched it a lot before i bought it and others claim it's their HG foundation. With or without primer i would get little red dots at the end of the day. Lately my contact dermatitis has been worse with it and i would get larger, more irate dry patches from using it.

I would suggest those interested to try it in store first and wear it on their face for a whole day before purchasing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by fibowler

Love this foundation, I keep coming back to this one after getting sucked into the advertising of a new "high end" foundations and being left unsatisfied! It's very similar to a lot of Chanel foundations IMO but obviously a hell of a lot cheaper. It's very natural looking but covers well at the same time, lasts well on my skin but Iv got normal/combination skin so not sure how well it would wear on oily skin. I have to mix two shades together to get a good colour match but for the price it doesn't even matter!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by oliviabiba

I was really pleasantly surprised by this foundation. I bought it online thinking it was its sibling foundation, the serum one, and when I received it was kind of disappointed as I thought that it wouldn't look good or work for my combination to oily skin. Thank goodness I was wrong!

This has more of a creamy consistency, which I usually don't like that much (I favor the ones more on the liquid side), but applies nicely. At first, when applying, it doesn't seem like it will be much, but after letting it ser for about a minute it looks amazing! It really gives the impression of healthy, beautiful, glowy (not shiny!!!) skin. I would like to emphasize that glowy-not-shiny part: it just seems luminous like it comes from within. During the warmer days I do get oily (I don't believe there's any product that can prevent that AND be healthy for your skin), but nothing over the top. I think it lasts for about 8 to 10 hours looking good in warmer days, after that it starts to wear off.

I would like to try the serum version as I believe it would be more appropriate for my skin and climate conditions, but still, this is a very good foundation.

As for coverage, in my opinion it gives a medium to full coverage. It didn't hide my current blemishes completely, but it left my skin almost flawless.

I'm an NC25/30 in MAC and got the shade 53 Light beige, but that's a tiny tiny little bit too dark for me. i can use it alright though.

PS: there's one tiny flaw I see in this product, and that is when looking closely, you can see some sort of pigments, as if the color was not completely blended into the cream/liquid. Like powder that hasn't dissolved completely. I can it see because I look closely, but it's not really noticeable to others. There's room for improvement though! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim while on vacation because I desperatly needed a basic cheap foundation because I forgot to bring one. I did not expect it to be as good as it is. This is such a great product in every single way. Works like a charm on my combination skin, even if I'm dry or oily. This is one of very few foundations I've used that does not make me super oily throughout the day. Healthy Mix is actually a lot better than most of my high end expensive foundations. Gives me a truly flawless finish, and it's builable as well. Gives me a nice, even skintone and natural glow without making me look greasy, and it actually hydrates my skin when it's dry. And to top it off; quite longlasting. I've worn it for 12 hours and it still looked nice and fresh. Yep, HG for sure. And so afforable. I would love this even if it didn't have a pump, but it does so it's pretty much perfection.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 5:57:00 AM More reviews by mercurywen

Surprisingly good.

I have read all the good reviews about this foundation, and Boots is currently doing a 3for2 offer, so grab three little things from Bourjois (radiance reveal healthy mix, health mix serum gel, and a tan/highlighter), which all do not disappoint me.

The serum version and radiance reveal are definitely different. What I expected from them was a better coverage from radiance reveal, and a 'glow look' from the serum version. I would say so far I prefer the serum version. I have always use high end brand foundation, Guerlain, Shiseido, Armani, YSL, etc, I wouldn't say this serum foundation is better, but definitely not worse. It is a bit unfair to compare Bourjois foundation to the high end brands, however, this is what I am going to do here...I have used YSL liberator foundation, which indeed left a more amazing glow on the face, but that effect only lasted for one or two hours. However, with this bourjois serum foundation, at least it didn't go dull after 5-6 hours. It leaves a more nature and smoother texture on the face, and the skin looks healthy compared to the radiance reveal foundation.

Regarding to the coverage, the radiance reveal one offers a more full coverage than the serum one. However, the serum one comes with a median coverage which is really good enough for me (I have problem skin with acne scars etc); and the radiance reveal version is actually too much, I even use it as a concealer for my undereye dark circles and places on my face where I need better coverage....I used to use Guerlain invisible before these two foundation, I would say Guerlain invisible is really invisible, if the serum foundation claims itself with 'only little coverage'... If you use the radiance reveal all over the face, do remember do not put on too much.

The only thing is, you have to do a good moisturizing job before putting on any of these two foundation. The serum version is more moisturizing than the radiance reveal one, however, they could become cakey if the skin is not in a good condition.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by ClaireDalloway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh my God! This is really worth the hype. Although it took me quite a time to get use to it. I have shade 52 Vanilla and it is perfect for me in summer where I am "tanned". In winter it is awful - I look like a lemon - the yellow undertone is just too visible. But in summer it lasts in the heat, it has good coverage, is not cakey. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Laura_J

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always hated liquid foundation and the way it felt on my skin so I switched to mineral makeup and wore that for years. Then recently I saw somone on YouTube recommend the Bourjois foundation and I loved the way it looked when she applied it so I thought I would give it a try. I ordered it online from Overstock for $13 which I think is a fair price. I put the foundation on with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and it just went on smoothly over my skin. It didn't settle into fine lines, did not feel heavy whatsoever and was a perfect match (light vanilla). It also covered really well. It did not oxidize like so many others do. I didn't notice any smell like other foundations have. My skin is very sensitive/oily and it did not irritate or break me out. I was able to go about 5 hours before I had to blot my t-zone and even then it was only a little bit. I left the foundation on a total of 9 hours and it proved to be a good lasting foundation. I love everything about it and as much as I love mineral makeup I will be wearing the Bourjois foundation from now on because I love that even more.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by lazybeautiful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Top 3 foundations of all time. Ever made. It's ridiculously good value when you compare it to Chanel nearly 5 times the price for virtually the same effect. I LOVE the smell of it, I love how it sets into the skin without settling into fine lines! I love how brightening it is and how well it layers when you add a 2nd layer where your skin needs it most. The packaging is awesome! Will be repurchasing this until the end of time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by alliebeaar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

had it in shade 51, I loved it. lasted a long time..great coverage for acne scars/blemishes. a little more pricey for drug store foundations, but if I could afford to buy it all the time, I would.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Sump

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Love this foundation. It was my favourite before I discovered Maybelline Fit Me. I use the colour 51 light vanilla, but I do think it's bit too yellow for me. Still can work with it, but that's the reason I've switched to Maybelline Fit Me. I still use Bourjois Healthy Mix on days my skin is drier and/or has obvious dry patches. This foundation doesn't care about obvious dry patches. It will glide right over them.

I'd say it's a perfect foundation for people with dry skin and it's also great for people with normal skin. The foundation gives your skin a dewy finish and because of that I'm not sure whether people with oily skin wil love it as much, but you'll have to see for yourself. It gave me full coverage, but I have very few blemishes so I find it hard to tell if a foundation is medium or full coverage.