Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle 05

4.3

on 9/2/2012 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Lovely. I don't normally wear mid-toned lipstick shades - I prefer to either go deep or nude, if I wear lipstick at all. I have very pale but olive-toned skin with dark eyes, and I just didn't think medium-depth colours like this worked for me. But this beautiful rose, which has earthy brown notes, is very flattering. It has a bit of punch but isn't overpowering, which means it works well with my beloved smokey eye makeup, and is warm and bright enough to lift a neutral makeup look perfectly - it's gorgeous with grey/brown/taupe eye makeup and coral blusher. I'd say it's a slightly deeper version of the lipstick shade Audrey Hepburn wore in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Great for day or night, and can be blotted down to a more subtle stain. Texture-wise, I'm a fan of Rouge Coco - they're not as long-lasting as YSL lipsticks, but they fade nicely and go on smooth and creamy.

on 7/14/2012 4:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I'm NW15 and I love the shade! It lasts a long time and when it fades it leaves the most gorgeous stain. It doesn't dry out my lips which is lovely.
I adore the lush packaging and I feel like a million bucks when I apply it.
It's an everyday colour for me and probably the most "nude" colour I'd go for even though it's not nude at all- I just think nudes wash me out.

on 6/4/2012 3:48:00 PM

I am a NC20-25 skintone. This looks great on me. Bleeds a little on my cupid's bow. Smells like roses. Fades looking like a blotted lipstain.

on 6/3/2012 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Probably one of the best formulas on the market.
The color is great, the staying power also, the smell too...itīs pricey but worth of it!

on 5/1/2012 10:15:00 PM

I love this lipstick, being the first Chanel lipstick that i own. The packaging is classy and understated. The scent is adorable and the color payoff is good. Actually this shade looks different on different skin tone. I'm an NC25 and on me, it a mix of pinkish coral but on my NC30 mum, it looks more coral. With that being said, i think this is a versatile shade and can be worn by any skin tone. I would repurchase it when i'm done though it cost about SGD48. This is my most expensive lipstick to date but since i love it so much, i don't feel the pinch.

on 2/17/2012 3:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

As always drawn to chanel's beautiful packaging, since it so classy and beautiful.
but its shame about the actual product I bought this from seeing the advert all over and
thought I'd give it a try even though its rather expensive, but the colour looks gorgeous I must admit but the pay off is disgraceful! I mean It leaves my lips really dry and it
looks like a child has used their cheap makeup on my lips,I really wouldn't recommend this! because now I'm left will a full tube of this which will never get used!

on 1/7/2012 3:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is a beautiful shade, nearly an HG for my medium-pigmented lips. It IS rather pricey (but comparable to other HE brands). The packaging quality is excellent. With one thick layer or 2 lighter layers, provides approximately medium/full coverage. However, I am only able to give it a 3 overall because I really can't stand the scent. The shade is great, the formula is not really moisturizing for me, but also not drying or uncomfortable. The scent, though, tends to linger (for me) and since it's right under my nose...and that rose? floral? scent just kinda ruins it. I guess I could leave the tube open to get rid of the scent but if I'm paying $30ish for it, I want it to be perfect without tweaking. Besides, I'm not sure that the lipstick itself wouldn't change in quality (maybe dry out) if left open like that.
BUT if the scent wouldn't/doesn't bother you, try this shade, it creates a very natural but polished look.
For reference I'm NC20ish; light asian skintone, very dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. Medium-pigmented lips.

on 1/7/2012 2:57:00 PM

I have finally found my go-to-lipstick, finally! It's only taken me over ten years.. As others say it's a great natural coloured lipstick but still a sexy toned down day wear lipstick. You can build it up for the evening and add a high shine gloss too, it's still pretty. But I tend to only use it for daytime and then go for a more red colour for a night out.

I don't suit cold tones at all, i'm NC 25. There's been so many times I've gotten help from assistants and they've pulled out a cool toned lipstick for me, which has looked horrible. So i guess anyone who is a NW might find this doesn't suit them as much NC users. Although peoples lip tones can be different so it's hard to say. To be honest i think this lipstick will suit almost anyone, it's pretty and light and aslo very easy to build up the colour strength.

On the down side it is fairly drying but before any lipstick application i awlays use a good lip balm to moisturize... so it doesn't bother me.

on 1/1/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of my most used lipsticks because of its rosy MLBB color that is good for all occasions. It is a fantastic work-appropriate lipstick. Unfortunately, the formula at first appears nice but after an hour or two it dries out my lips almost as badly as MAC Lustres. For a $32 lipstick formula that claims to be "lightweight", to "soften, smooth, and condition lips" and make them "plumper, smoother and healthier-looking", it fails on ALL these claims. I will continue using this lipstick but won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LIke a reviewer below, I was seduced by the hype. For me this is just OK. The texture is a LOT drier than expected. The color is OK but pulls a little coral on me -- not the MLBB HG I was hoping for. I strongly prefer Nars Dolce Vita, both in color and in texture. I can probably get through this tube within a couple years. It is pretty with some blush and eyeliner for a casual weekend look.

Recommended for Medium Skin