July 30, 2014 | 1592 users online

Polishes - Essie - Tart Deco

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by l4pkwyflyer

I loveee this color! It's one of my favorites by Essie and has a lovely neon pink/orange tint. This polish only takes 2 coats to get a good color too. Great for summer!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by bascoeur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first Essie polish, and I was so excited to try out this gorgeous shade.

First things first, this is not a pastel. I don't know how people have mistaken it for a pastel. It's a bright and yummy, ultra-girly shade of peach-coral, very eye-catching. It dries slightly darker than the bottle, which I don't mind.

But alas, the formula is just bad. Expect thick and patchy application. Also expect it to never, ever dry without a good topcoat. Not what I expect for the price. I added thinner to mine, which helped, but I still basically have to goop this stuff onto my nails to get an okay finish.

Skip this polish. If you love the color like I do, there are numerous dupes, like Nfu Oh 419 and Revlon Peachy. Get those instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by RachelD9311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Liked the color, but it took like four coats to get a full application. Seems too thick and is hard to work with.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

This polish is actually a very wearable peachy cream orange for me. I like it especially for summer and fall. It didn't streak on me, and I didn't use a top coat when I first applied it, so it kept its original color (now I see all the complaints). I'll take off a lippie for that, though.

EDIT: it is streaky. I definitely prefer Wet N Wild Blazed too.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by ireneyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Essie Tart Deco is a gorgeous coral creme. Application wasn't too much of a problem, as long as you're using a good base coat. HOWEVER, be aware of the fact that this polish does not react nicely with top coats and thus, changes from a beautiful pinky coral hue to an ugly neon orange. I would advise everyone to not use a top coat in order to avoid color changing, even though that will significantly reduce the lasting power of the polish. Thus, 2 lippies deducted for an otherwise gorgeous color.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by speguero

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Difficult to apply.

The color looks much darker and less flattering on nails than in the bottle. I felt like I grabbed that orangey-pinkish highlighter and decided to mix it with liquid paper and dab it on my nails.

2 applications are enough, if the streakiness of the polish doesn’t ruin it for you.

Won’t buy this color again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2012 8:18:00 AM More reviews by brinel

LOVED this color in the bottle. When I got it on my fingers, it dried darker and not nearly as attractive. Not so easy to put on, either-streaky and hard to work with. Ended up throwing it out(I hate to do that).

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by guinnrm

Love, love this color. Orangey-color. However, it was my experience that this is a terrible nail polish. I thought Essie was a good brand! And certainly, for the price I was extremely disappointed in this polish. It was thick and goopy, and impossible to apply. You can see in many pictures of this polish that it creates an unusually thick layer of polish over the nail, rather than gliding on. I'm sticking to OPI at this price range!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by browneyessmiles

This is such a cute peach color. I love it on its own and it also looks cute (and more creamy) with a transparent white on top (i used Revlon Calla Lilly).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by khoward46

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Tart Deco is by far my FAVORITE nail polish! I have medium brown skin and it looks great on my skin tone. It doesn't chip and lasts a long time. Pastel colors are my favorite. This color is not too bright. Will be purchasing more pastel colors from Essie.