Essie Tart Deco

2.9

on 5/10/2013 6:53:00 PM

This polish is gorgeous. However, it is a bit streaky on the first coat, but by the second it is smooth. Absolutely perfect shade for summer.

I own tons of Essie polishes that i absolutely adore, so i looked up some swatches while in Target of some colors that caught my eye and this is one of them. I decided to paint my nails last night using this color.. first i applied my Seche Vite Base Coat then started using this polish, first thing i noticed was that it was quite liquid-y, though that isn't a big deal for me, but may be for some people. After applying one coat it did set and it did look really nice and 'gel' like i guess you could say. Some polishes i noticed are streaky when sometimes going over one spot over again and this one wasn't. After applying two coats i was finished and i loved how my nails looked, they look great, they took about 3-4 minutes to dry, and then i applied my Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat and i could so rave about this top coat, it dries in under a MINUTE, and it makes the polish even more shiny while adding a protective barrier. I am reviewing this the day after painting my nails and i wash my hands A LOT (germaphobe here) and my polish hasn't chipped at all! I think this polish would last me a whole week like i expect, i tend to paint my nails every sunday and wear that polish for a week and then change it up! I definitely recommend this polish, perfect for spring/summer!

on 5/5/2013 4:06:00 PM

I love the color but such a poorly made product. I apply two coats and then apply a nail chip clear coat and by the next day my nail polish is already coming off. Essie offers a variety of great colors but the quality of the product is so poor. It's unfortunate.

on 5/5/2013 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm surprised at all the bad reviews on here for this polish. I have had some issues with other colours in the Essie catalogue being difficult to apply well (Ballet Slippers jumps immediately to mind), I found Tart Deco to be one of their better formulas.

I applied Essie's First Base Basecoat, two coats of polish and Essie's Good To Go Topcoat. The polish itself went on well, wasn't too thin or thick, and dried beautifully and quickly thanks to the topcoat.

In terms of colour, it's just beautiful. Great for spring, very nice and bright.

on 4/30/2013 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is seriously the worst formula I have ever used of any nail polish - it was the biggest mess! I have used nail polish all my life as well. I had to redo it like three times, and even then needed three coats. I love this colour but this was horrendous to apply which I really don't understand because other Essie polishes I have used are fine. I'm sure there would be better dupes of this colour. Please avoid this if you can :(

on 2/26/2013 3:00:00 AM

Essie must have changed the formula on this baby as of late, because it is no longer thick and globby. Rather it is smooth and almost too liquid-y, but it's fine with a steady hand and good base coat. I use essie Grow Stronger base coat and Good to Go top coat, since these nail polish formulas are all really made to go together for the best look (I promise it's not a gimmick, it's true haha). In the bottle the color is a very light, peachy coral. On my fingernails the color stayed rather true, but did darken and brighten up a bit after drying to a true coral with bright pink undertones and orange overtones. The color is very warm, bright and fun. Looks great paired with essie's No Place Like Chrome as an accent nail or subtle nail art. I wear this polish all around campus and at work and always get compliments oh how "unique" the color is. As always though, the brush leaves a little to be desired in all essie polishes.

on 1/19/2013 5:03:00 PM

I loveee this color! It's one of my favorites by Essie and has a lovely neon pink/orange tint. This polish only takes 2 coats to get a good color too. Great for summer!

on 1/8/2013 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

My first Essie polish, and I was so excited to try out this gorgeous shade.

First things first, this is not a pastel. I don't know how people have mistaken it for a pastel. It's a bright and yummy, ultra-girly shade of peach-coral, very eye-catching. It dries slightly darker than the bottle, which I don't mind.

But alas, the formula is just bad. Expect thick and patchy application. Also expect it to never, ever dry without a good topcoat. Not what I expect for the price. I added thinner to mine, which helped, but I still basically have to goop this stuff onto my nails to get an okay finish.

Skip this polish. If you love the color like I do, there are numerous dupes, like Nfu Oh 419 and Revlon Peachy. Get those instead.

on 12/3/2012 4:31:00 PM

Liked the color, but it took like four coats to get a full application. Seems too thick and is hard to work with.

on 11/28/2012 10:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

This polish is actually a very wearable peachy cream orange for me. I like it especially for summer and fall. It didn't streak on me, and I didn't use a top coat when I first applied it, so it kept its original color (now I see all the complaints). I'll take off a lippie for that, though.

EDIT: it is streaky. I definitely prefer Wet N Wild Blazed too.

Top Rated Essie Products