Essie Tart Deco

3.0

on 5/5/2013 4:06:00 PM

I love the color but such a poorly made product. I apply two coats and then apply a nail chip clear coat and by the next day my nail polish is already coming off. Essie offers a variety of great colors but the quality of the product is so poor. It's unfortunate.

on 5/5/2013 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm surprised at all the bad reviews on here for this polish. I have had some issues with other colours in the Essie catalogue being difficult to apply well (Ballet Slippers jumps immediately to mind), I found Tart Deco to be one of their better formulas.

I applied Essie's First Base Basecoat, two coats of polish and Essie's Good To Go Topcoat. The polish itself went on well, wasn't too thin or thick, and dried beautifully and quickly thanks to the topcoat.

In terms of colour, it's just beautiful. Great for spring, very nice and bright.

on 4/30/2013 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is seriously the worst formula I have ever used of any nail polish - it was the biggest mess! I have used nail polish all my life as well. I had to redo it like three times, and even then needed three coats. I love this colour but this was horrendous to apply which I really don't understand because other Essie polishes I have used are fine. I'm sure there would be better dupes of this colour. Please avoid this if you can :(

on 2/26/2013 3:00:00 AM

Essie must have changed the formula on this baby as of late, because it is no longer thick and globby. Rather it is smooth and almost too liquid-y, but it's fine with a steady hand and good base coat. I use essie Grow Stronger base coat and Good to Go top coat, since these nail polish formulas are all really made to go together for the best look (I promise it's not a gimmick, it's true haha). In the bottle the color is a very light, peachy coral. On my fingernails the color stayed rather true, but did darken and brighten up a bit after drying to a true coral with bright pink undertones and orange overtones. The color is very warm, bright and fun. Looks great paired with essie's No Place Like Chrome as an accent nail or subtle nail art. I wear this polish all around campus and at work and always get compliments oh how "unique" the color is. As always though, the brush leaves a little to be desired in all essie polishes.

on 1/19/2013 5:03:00 PM

I loveee this color! It's one of my favorites by Essie and has a lovely neon pink/orange tint. This polish only takes 2 coats to get a good color too. Great for summer!

on 1/8/2013 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

My first Essie polish, and I was so excited to try out this gorgeous shade.

First things first, this is not a pastel. I don't know how people have mistaken it for a pastel. It's a bright and yummy, ultra-girly shade of peach-coral, very eye-catching. It dries slightly darker than the bottle, which I don't mind.

But alas, the formula is just bad. Expect thick and patchy application. Also expect it to never, ever dry without a good topcoat. Not what I expect for the price. I added thinner to mine, which helped, but I still basically have to goop this stuff onto my nails to get an okay finish.

Skip this polish. If you love the color like I do, there are numerous dupes, like Nfu Oh 419 and Revlon Peachy. Get those instead.

on 12/3/2012 4:31:00 PM

Liked the color, but it took like four coats to get a full application. Seems too thick and is hard to work with.

on 11/28/2012 10:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

This polish is actually a very wearable peachy cream orange for me. I like it especially for summer and fall. It didn't streak on me, and I didn't use a top coat when I first applied it, so it kept its original color (now I see all the complaints). I'll take off a lippie for that, though.

EDIT: it is streaky. I definitely prefer Wet N Wild Blazed too.

on 10/28/2012 5:49:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Essie Tart Deco is a gorgeous coral creme. Application wasn't too much of a problem, as long as you're using a good base coat. HOWEVER, be aware of the fact that this polish does not react nicely with top coats and thus, changes from a beautiful pinky coral hue to an ugly neon orange. I would advise everyone to not use a top coat in order to avoid color changing, even though that will significantly reduce the lasting power of the polish. Thus, 2 lippies deducted for an otherwise gorgeous color.

on 10/16/2012 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Difficult to apply.

The color looks much darker and less flattering on nails than in the bottle. I felt like I grabbed that orangey-pinkish highlighter and decided to mix it with liquid paper and dab it on my nails.

2 applications are enough, if the streakiness of the polish doesn’t ruin it for you.

Won’t buy this color again.

Popular Polishes