September 17, 2014 | 2027 users online

Concealers - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Correcting Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 3:31:00 AM More reviews by CPbear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this concealer for 2-3 years and am thoroughly satisfied with it. The main reason I like it is that it covers noticeable pores on my nose perfectly and makes them completely invisible. It also has great staying power and I can feel confident that my nose is well concealed all day. As an under eye concealer I use maybelline as it has more luminescence which is better for the darker under eye area. However, I just wanted to review this concealer and mention how fantastic it is for covering redness and pores on and around the nose area.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bourjois, the French drugstore beauty brand, probably has the most products that I covet. Unfortunately, this brand hasn't been available in America for the last handful of years, so I have to admire their products from afar. Worse than that, this brand is available in Australia, where I spend a chunk of time, and it tempts me so, but like many cosmetic brands sold down under, I find it prohibitively expensive. Bourjois says their "Healthy Mix fruit therapy correcting concealer smooths away dark circles and imperfections for a visibly rested and radiant look. It's exquisite, melting formula blends on the skin for a natural result". This concealer contains raspberry, melon, and apricot extracts. Bourjois says that this concealer is dermatologically tested, moisturizing, and oil free. This concealer is available in 3-6 shades, depending on where you live. I have shade 51, which is the lightest shade available. I received this tube as a gift. This concealer contains 10ml (.33 fl oz) and retails for about $28AUD, or $21CAD. Bourjois does not test on animals. This concealer was made in France. Bourjois products are available at drugstores throughout most of the world. If you live in the US, Bourjois can be ordered through a handful of e-tailers like Asos.
I love Bourjois' style of packaging. The Healthy Mix concealer comes in a squeeze tube with a slant tip applicator. The front of the tube features the Bourjois and Healthy Mix logos, and a few claims. The back of the tube offers the shade name and number, more claims, and some company information. The tube is closed off by a brown cap. I like the slant tip applicator, its very efficient and not messy at all.
One of my favorite YouTubers, Jennifer Wan (fashionismycrush) talks about Bourjois products all the time. The way she raves about their Healthy Mix line has convinced me that I needed to try their products. I would sample the concealer and foundation every time I went into Priceline, but I could never convince myself to drop nearly $30AUD on one concealer. I'm kinda glad that I didn't because I don't love this concealer. It's ok, but this isn't the unbelievably awesome concealer I'd hoped it would be. The consistency is slightly pasty, I find that it grabs on to dry patches and fine lines, really accentuating them. Neither lines or dry spots are really problems that plague me, but I can terll that this isn't a good concealer for dry or older skin types. This concealer's application is a little finicky. I don't suggest a brush for this concealer, it really seems to need the warmth from your fingers to help it melt into the skin. Another option is to apply it with a damp sponge (the water will thin the concealer a little). Either way, this concealer is kinda fussy. Coverage is a little iffy as well. Bourjois' Healthy Mix Concealer is actually pretty nice for the under eye area, thought it needs two layers to full cover dark circles. Healthy Mix isn't quite so good for blemishes, it doesn't pack enough pigment. This concealer wears decently throughout the way. The shade doesn't fade or oxidize, and the concealer doesn't become cakey or flakes off. I think this concealer gets a little worn out after about six hours, so you may want to take it with you for longer days.
Bourjois Healthy Mix in Eclat Clair, aka 51, is a very yellow based concealer, so it's great for color correction. It evens out redness a bit, but it's better for reducing the grey/blue cast we can get in our undereye areas. Eclat Clair is much too yellow for me to use extensively, but it looks alright under my eyes. This shade looks very off when I use it on my cheeks. Eclat Clair is actually a great color match for me, its just the undertone that throws it off. I recently found that mixing a dab of Benefit's That Gal primer, which is pink, into this concealer really balances it and makes it much more neutral and wearable for my skin tone.
I have very mixed feelings about Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer. I really expected it to be amazing and it isn't...but its not awful either. You really need to develop your own technique for applying Healthy Mix, because it might give you some trouble. I think this concealer caters to very specific skin types, imperfections on mature and/or dry skin would probably only be exacerbated, but it's good for normal to kinda oily skin. I wish Bourjois had an expanded shade range, it's not very inclusive at all, I can only imagine it doesn't feel good to walk into Priceline and see three relatively light shades. I'll continue to use this concealer, but I wouldn't repurchase it. I also don't really recommend it. I'm not too discouraged though, I look forward to trying more from Bourjois in the future.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by zumishi

Love love loveeee this concealer! The colour matches me perfectly. Although there are only 3 colour choices, I use the shade 53. The concealer does have a fruity scent which might be a problem for some people but I actually like the scent. This concealer has medium to full coverage. It has a yellowish undertone (which is perfect for me). I have combination skin and this concealer does not make me break out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bourjois claims this is a double action under eye concealer that will illuminate and provide instant anti-fatigue results, plus contains vitamins C & E.
I purchased the lightest shade in 61 from the three shades available (61, 62, & 63), and for reference I wear Bourjois foundation in 51 and MAC NC15 or Matchmaster shade 1.
The concealer is good match for my complexion and has a slight pinky-salmon undertone. The formula's texture is a little runny, but creamy and definitely feels light weight. Blends easily and sets to a semi-matte finish that doesn't feel dry or uncomfortable.
In terms of brightening and illuminating, it does provide some, but the formula isn't as pigmented as other products I've tried and love and I would best describe the coverage as light. Works very well with having a concealer applied over top with interfering or looking cakey either. Wears well too during the day with some minimal creasing, but no fading.
The biggest con for me is the packaging I'm not a fan of the attached bristle brush as they always feel scratchy and seem unhygienic, but easily remedied by sniping them off and using my own brushes or fingers for application.
Personally, I will gradually use this product up, but not repurchase due to the lack of coverage as I have and love other products that provide better coverage and meet my needs. Plus there is always new items being launched into the market too that I will be curious to try.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Lalolalol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I had big hopes for this one... You all gave it great reviews so I bought it and bum! I simply didn't fall in love with it. It seems to work great for many girls, but it just doesn't work for me. It doesn't cover blemishes or pimples or anything at all.. it just makes the area more bright and just makes it look worse! under the eyes it gets so dry and makes me look even more tired.
I think I'm not even going to finish it.. next please? :)
_______________________________________________
xoxo Lolitagirl

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by DarkMia1

At first it looks wonderful,but then it dries (after couple of hours) the color changes completly and it will be seem on the face very well.Also,after couple and hours all the spots will be seem again,so you need it to keep it in your purse.This is realy average products I won't buy it again :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by vanyachap

Its not bad,but its very drying and it makes my under eye area dry. Its brightening ,but the coverage isn't that good.I wouldn't repurchase but some of u may like it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by fassolichka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have the Healthy Mix Foundation in 52 (which I'm not a fan of; see my review) and the salesgirl assured me that I needed the matching concealer in 52 as well. Actually, 52 is too light both as a shade and in terms of pigment. If I layer it over redness or blemishes with a brush, it does an ok job, but it gets oranger and oranger as the day goes by. And it's useless for undereye circles: too thin, too dry, too pale.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by caperucita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this, especially for covering acne blemishes; it is a bit dry on its own for the under eye area, so if I'm going to use it for dark circles, I mix it with a tiny bit of a moisturizing foundation (MUFE F&B) and it works fine for me. I might repurchase, but I want to try other concealers :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by BriddaBella

I have a mixed opinion about this concealer. I do like the shade because it matches exactly my (winter) skin colour but there are only 3 shades available so it's probably not the best option. I tried using it under my eyes because it does have a brightening effect while concealing dark circles or redness but under my eyes it just looks cakey. Even though this is a liquid concealer it turns into a powdery like texture when applying which dries out my eye area making fine lines even more visible.
So I usually put this concealer on the corners of my lips and my nose area where it tends to be red and this concealer has medium to full coverage which will last you pretty much all day.
It's a good product but you might want to stay away from it if you are someone with dry skin.