October 22, 2014 | 1766 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Daily Brush Cleaner

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Yrie

I thought this would be a good cleaner for daily use or in between different colours. But it's not. I've had my bottle for FOREVER and it's still more than half full....

PROS:
- Packaging is see-through, so you know how much is left
- It's cheap (under 5)

CONS:
- The spray goes everywhere, not just on the brush. I guess the pump just isn't focused enough or small enough.
- It takes me 5 or 6 pumps and wipes to clean a small eyeshadow brush - so much for quick and easy.
- I gave up trying to clean my foundation brushes with this - it takes forever.
- The smell is HORRIBLE! I used it an hour ago and my bathroom still stinks of it.

VERDICT:
I just threw it out - it's a waste of money. Doesn't clean my brushes, smells horrible - not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by MarissaRissaMarie

I bought this product to go along with my new e.l.f. brushes and I've got to say, this spray did nothing for the brush I used to apply my liquid foundation. I could see myself just making my own spray out of a combo of makeup remover and water for in between brush washes. I don't recommend purchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by FaithLPS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I rate this 3 because ive gotten this and not really been using it much as it doesnt really makes me hook on it very much. I do use it once a while but not to the extent of everyday before using my tools. Im very impressed by elf studio line product but this is just something which i think is an okay-okay product. I dont really adore the smell but ya what can you expect when its not a very expensive product ya? :)
I got mine at SMOOCHIEZZ as its the only shop in SG that carries ELF product. SGD$8, if you get it on their website it will be SGD$10/12 (forgotten) with free shipping if you live in SG.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by redvelvet89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I do not know why some reviewers didn't find this to be good for getting product off. I used it on all my brushes today and I had to use 1 paper towel for each brush. I didn't even know my brushes could soak in so much product! Anyway, I find it quite a pain to wash my brushes with soap so often but I do it because I don't want them to breed bacteria and cause breakouts. With this spray, I can finally cut down on the brush shampoo and use this more often instead. Imo it DOES take most product off (unless there's very stubborn glitter in your makeup) and I'm assuming it disinfects too, given the strong smell. A note on the smell: It's a disinfectant, it's not meant to smell like roses. Even then, I have no problem with the smell. It doesn't smell half as bad as hairspray and it's actually kind of nice!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this! It's dirt cheap, smells good, and does the job. It makes it easy for me to sanitize my brushes on a weekly/bi-weekly basis. The spray bottle is convenient and has made the product last for quite a while because it eliminates waste. Try it for three bucks, you really can't go wrong. I will definitely repurchase it again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by emilyannh

Though it does what it's supposed to do for the most part, I will not be repurchasing because it is basically alcohol and water. However, I will be using the spray bottle when I run out to mix my own h20 and alcohol concoction without the heavy perfume.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by TaffyCheeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is pretty much just perfumed alcohol. It disinfects brushes, but doesn't clean off any makeup residue, and has a strong scent.

I put a little bit of dish liquid in mine and it works slightly better. I'm disappointed I purchased two of these and will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow! Ill be posting a quick review here on the app but will add details very soon. Everytime I use this Im shocked by how awesome it is. I may be biased since Ive never used any other daily cleaner but Ive been trying out my DIY formula but still much perfer this over it so far. The smell is hard to describe but I love it. It smells so clean & then once dried you can smell a hint of it which may turn off others but I like it. How I like to use this is spraying a spritz or two straight to brush then taking my brush & rubbing it clean on a cloth. it takes off & cleans any makeup on brush but will not 100% take it away like a good deep cleaning (that Im guilty of not doing as often as I should) this cleans off blushes, bronzers, shadows, liners etc. its a great spot cleaner if you are lazy like me. If i had a backup Id use it alot more but i dont want to run out so Ive been using my Diy one. I have to say Im in love with this & I def think its underrated & a true hidden gem. I hope my Walmart will stock this now that they are beginning to carry ELF, which Im so glad about. If you are on a budget or are interested in trying out a grear daily spot cleaner, give this a go. it helps clean & keeps my makeup fresh instead of ruddy with dirty brushes. Now that Im thinking about this, ill be going to do a quick cleaning. I highly recommend. unless I find the secret smell to this, i will def keep buying over & over. Simple & sleek black bottle with a great spritzer that sprays the cleaner in an even & fair amount. its not too hard to use nor does it spray out too much. I love the black bottle. its so nice but yet its just see thru enough that you can see how much is left. For the price this is amazeballs. ♥♡

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First I have to say that the smell...YUCK! It's a very artificial smell and I can't stand it. BUT! I really do like the product! I find that it cleans really well and does get the product off. I will repurchase this but i really wish the smell would be taken away.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, so this stuff got good reviews on MUA and on the ELF website, so I figured I would steer away from my MAC cleanser and give this a go. First of all, some people say the smell isn't that bad, but I think the smell is horrendous. If I try to clean more than two brushes, I start to get a migraine. And I don't think it really cleaned all that well. With my MAC cleanser, I would usually spray three sprays on a paper towel, wipe the brush off a few times, and it'd be clean. With the ELF, I'd have to do it over and over and it still wouldn't be totally clean. I dumped it out after using it maybe three times. Instead, I used Enkore's recipe for homemade cleaner and it works amazingly.