August 22, 2014 | 1080 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this! It's dirt cheap, smells good, and does the job. It makes it easy for me to sanitize my brushes on a weekly/bi-weekly basis. The spray bottle is convenient and has made the product last for quite a while because it eliminates waste. Try it for three bucks, you really can't go wrong. I will definitely repurchase it again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by emilyannh

Though it does what it's supposed to do for the most part, I will not be repurchasing because it is basically alcohol and water. However, I will be using the spray bottle when I run out to mix my own h20 and alcohol concoction without the heavy perfume.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by TaffyCheeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is pretty much just perfumed alcohol. It disinfects brushes, but doesn't clean off any makeup residue, and has a strong scent.

I put a little bit of dish liquid in mine and it works slightly better. I'm disappointed I purchased two of these and will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to admit that this is the only daily brush cleanser ive ever used so i dont have much to compare this to but i really do enjoy it. I def will repurchase once i have money to buy makeup related items
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
The Daily Brush Cleaner is available from the Elf Studio Line which sells for $3. you can find this of course online on site as well as in varying Target stores. The price is great for the product inside!
=FORMULA=
This formula is meant to be used for daily spot cleaning of your makeup brushes. its not meant to "deep clean" so you will still have to do that but its nice to use daily to keep brushes neater & a bit cleaner so deep cleaning is not so much work. This is a spray you can use by spraying on a damp wipe/towel and then swirling brush on spot where you have sprayed as well as misting the actual brushes with the spray. This does have a slight soap scent. Its an odd scent that i cant put my finger on but i actually enjoy the scent. I love when i pick up my brushes & the smell will still linger for a bit. so if the scent bothers you, id pass. I like it. I have not experienced any reactions to the formula/scent on my skin and i have normal to dry sensitive skin. By spraying your brushes & swirling off any residue makeup/dirt off (i prefer to spray a makeup wipe w/ this & lightly mist my real dirty brushes themselves like those w/ liners or fndt & swirling until the brush quits leaving any makeup behind. its not gonna get every single thing so dont expect that with this. it does however help to clean shadows off very easily. Liners come off a little easier as well. Make sure to dampen the wipe or towel. I like that it refreshes my brushes & helps make application easier since theres no mixing of old built up shadows mixing with a new look. I have enjoyed this. i havent tried any other daily brush cleansers. was thinking about how to make my own but this is affordable & has worked great! It def lifts old makeup off brushes. you will have a little work to do. its worth it in the end.
=PACKAGING=
The Daily Brush Cleanser comes in a simple yet chic nearly opaque black spray bottle. its more rectangular than round. You get 8.5 fl oz which has lasted me awhile. i dont use this everyday since i cant buy a new one for a bit but i bet with daily use, this should last a few months or so. The lid twist on but has a spray nozzle with a plastic see thru lid that snaps shut. keeps product safe. The bottle is plastic. sturdy enough for a little rough handling but just in case, you may want to be a tad cautious. The nozzle sprays nicely. it hasnt clogged or went crazy on me at all. it sprays a nice mist- it sprays a good amount with one pump. i actually will recycle this bottle since i love the spray nozzle alot. I like the black packaging. the name & elf logo on front in white writing as well as ingredients listed on back. it initially comes in the basic Elf Studio packaging.
Overall, I really do love this Cleaner. its def has done some good work since ive bought it & ive enjoyed how nice my brushes smell & look clean after so i will repurchase asap. its a great simple daily brush cleaner that will help with contamination that will in the end save my face as well. it makes my brushes and myself happy :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First I have to say that the smell...YUCK! It's a very artificial smell and I can't stand it. BUT! I really do like the product! I find that it cleans really well and does get the product off. I will repurchase this but i really wish the smell would be taken away.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, so this stuff got good reviews on MUA and on the ELF website, so I figured I would steer away from my MAC cleanser and give this a go. First of all, some people say the smell isn't that bad, but I think the smell is horrendous. If I try to clean more than two brushes, I start to get a migraine. And I don't think it really cleaned all that well. With my MAC cleanser, I would usually spray three sprays on a paper towel, wipe the brush off a few times, and it'd be clean. With the ELF, I'd have to do it over and over and it still wouldn't be totally clean. I dumped it out after using it maybe three times. Instead, I used Enkore's recipe for homemade cleaner and it works amazingly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I think other brush cleaners work better (Kiko, Sephora) but they are more expensive and considering how much you get here this is not a bad alternative. I don't mind the scent and the brushes do dry quickly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I deep clean my brushes regularly, but when I need to spot clean them I always reach for this. It's much better than paying for a MAC one. I can really see how much product/colour it takes off when I wipe it on a paper towel. It's not for deep cleaning though, just for when you want to cleanse in between colours etc.. The smell is a bit floral, but smells rather fresh to me. Once you wipe it away, you can't really smell too much of the product on the brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this all the time, it works. I just spray my brushes and then wipe them off on a paper towel or makeup wipe. I also spray down my false lashes with it to clean them, it works well for that too! Ordering this online sucks because both times I did the bottles were leaking all over everything else. I see a lot of complaints that this smells bad. It doesn't to me. It smells like alcohol that they tried adding some fragrance to and it didn't really work. But that's about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by labellevie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this stuff. it worked pretty well and was really convenient.

I don't mind the smell, but it is pretty strong. So some people might not like it.

The reason I won't be repurchasing this is because it broke me out. I will continue to try to use this for my eye brushes, but as for the face brushes...it broke me out with about 10 new pimples. Nothing else in my makeup/skincare routine had changed and it's not that time of the month, so I am almost positive this is the culprit.

If you don't have sensitive skin you should try this out because it's cheap, you get a good amount of product and it does the job for spot cleaning.

If you do have sensitive skin beware :(