E.L.F. Daily Brush Cleaner

Price: $

Water, Alcohol Denat, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Methylparaben

on 3/26/2012 3:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It's alcohol in a bottle nuff said,nah it's okay,it does have a nice fine mist and a tad stinky smell lol don't waste your $3 bucks,go to the dollar store:purchase one bottle of alcohol $1 and a sprayer $1,Voila I saved you a buck,maybe even 2 if you have an empty sprayer. This product is a disappointment because it contains no conditioning properties,all it is,is watered down alcohol!

on 3/20/2012 5:35:00 PM

The bottle is huge but poorly made and leaks from the top when placed sideways. You know your brushes are being disinfected for the plain fact that the second ingredient is Alcohol but that's about all it's good for is disinfecting, the cleaning aspect was poor. BUT, recently, I poured some of my Bare Essentials Brush Shampoo into the bottle, gave it a shake, and sprayed. The cleaning power went up 100%. I would recommend to those who bought this product, put some of your brush shampoo into the bottle. It works then. At least I'll be able to use it up.

on 3/6/2012 10:32:00 AM

I thought I would give this a shot being that I use the E.L.F brush shampoo & think that works rather well. This on the other hand is like a waste of the $3 that it is. The bottle is big for the price but the product does nothing at all. I think it smells horrible too.

on 3/6/2012 9:48:00 AM

I thought this would be a good cleaner for daily use or in between different colours. But it's not. I've had my bottle for FOREVER and it's still more than half full....

PROS:
- Packaging is see-through, so you know how much is left
- It's cheap (under 5)

CONS:
- The spray goes everywhere, not just on the brush. I guess the pump just isn't focused enough or small enough.
- It takes me 5 or 6 pumps and wipes to clean a small eyeshadow brush - so much for quick and easy.
- I gave up trying to clean my foundation brushes with this - it takes forever.
- The smell is HORRIBLE! I used it an hour ago and my bathroom still stinks of it.

VERDICT:
I just threw it out - it's a waste of money. Doesn't clean my brushes, smells horrible - not worth it.

I bought this product to go along with my new e.l.f. brushes and I've got to say, this spray did nothing for the brush I used to apply my liquid foundation. I could see myself just making my own spray out of a combo of makeup remover and water for in between brush washes. I don't recommend purchasing this.

on 2/1/2012 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I rate this 3 because ive gotten this and not really been using it much as it doesnt really makes me hook on it very much. I do use it once a while but not to the extent of everyday before using my tools. Im very impressed by elf studio line product but this is just something which i think is an okay-okay product. I dont really adore the smell but ya what can you expect when its not a very expensive product ya? :)
I got mine at SMOOCHIEZZ as its the only shop in SG that carries ELF product. SGD$8, if you get it on their website it will be SGD$10/12 (forgotten) with free shipping if you live in SG.

on 12/22/2011 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I do not know why some reviewers didn't find this to be good for getting product off. I used it on all my brushes today and I had to use 1 paper towel for each brush. I didn't even know my brushes could soak in so much product! Anyway, I find it quite a pain to wash my brushes with soap so often but I do it because I don't want them to breed bacteria and cause breakouts. With this spray, I can finally cut down on the brush shampoo and use this more often instead. Imo it DOES take most product off (unless there's very stubborn glitter in your makeup) and I'm assuming it disinfects too, given the strong smell. A note on the smell: It's a disinfectant, it's not meant to smell like roses. Even then, I have no problem with the smell. It doesn't smell half as bad as hairspray and it's actually kind of nice!

on 12/21/2011 11:33:00 PM

I love this! It's dirt cheap, smells good, and does the job. It makes it easy for me to sanitize my brushes on a weekly/bi-weekly basis. The spray bottle is convenient and has made the product last for quite a while because it eliminates waste. Try it for three bucks, you really can't go wrong. I will definitely repurchase it again and again.

on 12/7/2011 12:55:00 PM

Though it does what it's supposed to do for the most part, I will not be repurchasing because it is basically alcohol and water. However, I will be using the spray bottle when I run out to mix my own h20 and alcohol concoction without the heavy perfume.

on 11/29/2011 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is pretty much just perfumed alcohol. It disinfects brushes, but doesn't clean off any makeup residue, and has a strong scent.

I put a little bit of dish liquid in mine and it works slightly better. I'm disappointed I purchased two of these and will not be repurchasing.

Popular Makeup Brushes