October 26, 2014 | 1244 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Studio Mineral Infused Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by mskittenmittens

I like this mascara mainly because of the look it gives my lashes. I can get a natural, lengthy lash look or a dramatic thick lash look depending on how many layers I build and where I concentrate on building the mascara (at the roots or tips or both). It's very versatile. Flaking occurred in the first several weeks, but now it has stopped flaking in exchange for light smudging every 3-4 hours. I honestly preferred the flaking, but the smudging is gone with a swipe of my finger anyway (not close to raccoon eyes but gray nonetheless), so it's not much of a hassle- certainly not enough to have to pull out a mirror and rub at the smudges with makeup remover. And it's water-resistant, so it won't run (though it'll smudge and flake lightly). Overall, a very good mascara with decent staying power and an ability to provide a separated lash look, dramatic or natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

If you are tight on money, this is a great mascara to try. I've tried several of the ELF mascaras, and this has been my favorite.

It has a perfect sized rubber wand with small plastic bristles (I usually don't like this type of wand, but these bristles aren't really stiff). The formula is just right - not too wet or dry. It has a nice black pigmentation.

I applied several coats, and didn't have any problems with clumping, flaking, or smudging throughout the day. This mascara gives a nicely defined and fluttery look. It's not a heavy or dramatic type of mascara.

I'm not sure if I would repurchase - I'm still searching for my HG mascara :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by youdecide18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. It adds volume without getting clumpy and holds the curl of my lashes. I have a really thick and long lashes after putting this on. The only weird but not bad thing that happens when I put this on is my lashes grows longer. I don't know why, but it just happens. About the packaging though, the lettering on the side of the tube disappears, so it will be horrible if I have other products that have the same black tube. Luckily, that's the only product that I have that's in a black tube, so I don't confuse it with anything else.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by mklee1920

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For the price, this is a great product. FWIW, I'm a very pale 60-year old woman and I have no expectation or desire for my eyes to look like the Kardashians', but I do use a little eyeliner pencil and mascara for some definition around my eyes. This product works well for that. It applies well, dries soft, and is somewhat buildable with 2 coats. It looks about the same on me as other mascaras (for comparison, I've most recently used Clinique High Impact Mascara). It lasts all day without streaking, running, or flaking, even when I am out in hot, humid weather and sweat is running into my eyes. It washes off easily when I cleanse my face at night. Lippie rating: I subtracted 2 lippies because I don't like the hard plastic brush, and the wand is longer than I like; and I added back 1 lippie because of the excellent price and the fact that ELF does not test on animals, which I approve.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by angel411

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice mascara. Simple. No clumps. Light, perfect for natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by LadyClaudia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I feel so meh about this mascara. Yes, it's cheap ($3), it gives length, doesn't clump, but I just don't really like it. It's too wet for my liking, and it makes my lashes droop even when curled. The brush is good for not clumping because it doesn't deposit much product, which is why it doesn't give much volume. The packaging is actually very nice and classy. I thought this would give my lashes more oomph. The formula is okay, nothing special. Overall, not that impressed.
EDIT: What was I thinking? This is a really good mascara! It's really black and pigmented. I like how it performs after a few weeks of being opened. It gives good length without clumping, and after a few weeks, it gets thicker and gives me a bit more volume. I like the wand, since it separates well. And using the Eyelash Curler from e.l.f., I no longer have the drooping problem. It's actually a very good mascara. I guess my previous review was a bit premature.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by GeraldBourguet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smart Shopper Daphne Munro with ABC15 recently did a little research on which mascara was best and actually said that she thought Elf Mascara was better than Chanel's $30 mascara. So yeah, I'd say it's pretty cost-effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by yixie

LOVE.

Excellent for price. Lengthens, thickens and never any clumping. I'm currently using another mascara now since I ran out and elf isn't easily available where I am. And oh god.... the clumps :(

So glad I managed to make an order for 2 tubes of these babies. This is my HG mascara. And it's awesome it only costs usd 3.

I've used Lanc�me defincils, diorshow and neither even comes close.

*edit* tried a new bottle just recently, perhaps the formula changed. Is very wet and made a mess on my lashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

An excellent mascara for the price. Doesn't clump, doesn't smudge and doesn't flake off. It's great for everyday use and cheap as chips.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by JenHebert

After years of using high-end, and very expensive, mascaras, I thought I would give this a try, on a whim. I loved it! You couldn't clump this mascara if you tried. It's extremely buildable and there is just enough product on the brush. It's not loaded like some mascaras.

With that said, after months of using this mascara, I find myself wandering back to Clinique's Lash Power Long Wearing mascara and trying out some new ones. But, you cannot beat E.L.F.'s price.