E.L.F. Studio Mineral Infused Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba) Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, PVP, Triethanolamine , Triacontanyl PVP, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 1/11/2014 6:40:00 PM

THIS! THIS THIS THIS! People who know me knows it's my holy grail products! I can't order it from elf since I don't have a credit card BUT GOSH I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT BACKUPS WHEN COULD! It gives me lenght, volume and definition without clumping! I have short to medium lenght lashes and sparse ones. When you're done, you can curl your lashes again to have more lenght, well it's my little baby and I'd buy it over and over! It's tappered at the tip, so perfect for your bottom or inner lashes. It's natural but really makes your lashes pop at the same time. If you do an ELF order soon or go at target, don't miss out and TAKE THIS YOU WON'T REGRET IT! :)

BTW: I've tried higher end ones and I like this one better!

Actually, I found other mascaras for the same price that I think work better.

on 1/10/2014 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's too bad the formula isn't as good as the wand and price!! I love most e.l.f products because they work as well as other brands for a fraction of the cost. When I first got and used this product, I loved it. Now, I'm sad to say, the love affair has cooled somewhat.

I love the packaging. It's black, clean and simple. I love the wand. My other attempts at using a plastic wand as opposed to fiber did not go nearly as well. The wand picks up just the right amount of product and does an AMAZING job of separating and fanning out my lashes while coating each equally. One coat is perfect for a more natural look; additional coats go on easily and create a more dramatic look. This is my everyday mascara.

Sadly, I have lately noticed having the dreaded raccoon eyes just hours into the day!! The first few times, I thought it was due to a watery eye or unconscious rub. But no. The more I paid attention, the more often I noticed it happening. And while it is easily fixable with a wipe of a tissue, it shouldn't happen in the first place. So while I love most everything about this product, the formula itself (the MOST important component) is lacking. I have another, unopened tube I will likely use anyway but I'll have to get used to wiping away flakes throughout the day. I wonder if using this as a base coat or tinted primer under another mascara might work??? Hmm....

on 1/10/2014 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

For $3.00, this is a really good mascara. The brush has short plastic bristles that provide good separation for the lashes, which is all I want. The formula is not too wet, and I can build up two light coats without it clumping up. I wouldn't look to this one to provide any thickness or more dramatic lashes though, if that is what you are after. It wears well throughout the day, and I have not had any problems with it smudging. I don't think it has dethroned my beloved Physician's Formula Organic Wear Jumbo Lash Mascara, but I will gladly make room for this one in my makeup drawer as a low-cost alternative, since it works really similarly.
I will definitely repurchase, because it is a great budget mascara for every day use.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. It's a very simple, every-day mascara. It doesn't clump on the brush or on your lashes. It doesn't do anything fancy but it lengthens your lashes and is quick and easy to apply with a nice bristle. It makes your lashes appear very natural. I'm not sure about how much product there is in there but it's only $3. Only thing I didn't like is that this product burns my eyes. Sometimes by the end of the night I will rub my eye and the smallest amount and my eyes start burning. That could just be me, but I will probably still repurchase.

on 11/30/2013 4:07:00 PM

I am allergic to beeswax which makes finding mascara - any mascara- very difficult. I had been limited to Cover Girl Lash Blast products (which I don't care for) and Tarte which is nice but expensive and a bit clumpy. Whenever I see a mascara that I haven't tried before I read the ingredient list. Yay! ELF has synthetic beeswax, not real beeswax. And I love the product. I love the wand. I love the deepness in color. I love the coverage. I love that you can add more coats without a mess. Great find!

Okay, this is the mascara I use everyday. That being said I hate taking it off. It really is a pain, it almost flakes off all over my face. Positives: it really defines my lashes well, it doesn't clump for me, it makes my lashes separate well, and makes mine look longer. It is a cheap product that I really like, I just hate taking it off. So if you are need of a cheap mascara, here it is. It will work well, just make sure you have a good eye makeup remover.

on 10/23/2013 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara is just "meh" for me. I can only use one coat before it starts clumping, and that is a deal breaker. I like 2-4 swipes of mascara to ensure every lash is evenly covered. Plus, it flakes through the day. Not cute. I'll use it up, but I won't repurchase.

on 10/23/2013 2:42:00 AM

I initially had a bit of a love/hate relationship with this mascara. I used it first off after finishing a tube of my beloved W7 Big Lash mascara, but I didn't think it really did anything for my eyelashes so stopped using it. However, I then had a very unfortunate encounter with another W7 mascara (which basically ruined my eyelashes) and decided to try this one again as I remembered the brush being small and quite gentle on the eyes. And since then I've been a complete convert!

This is a very simple, 'no frills' mascara, but I genuinely do think it does a good job of making my eyelashes look fuller and thicker. The brush is one of those prickly looking plastic things (which I normally avoid) but as someone else has said here, it's quite soft so you don't end up poking yourself in the eye. The consistency of the mascara isn't thick or clumpy and it goes on well, lasting all day with very little flaking. And one of the most important things - it comes off easily, so you're not left scrubbing your eyes like crazy to get it off.

I would definitely recommend this if you're looking for a low-cost mascara that gives good results. It costs 3.75GBP in the UK, so at that price you could probably afford to stock up on a few tubes!

I like this mascara mainly because of the look it gives my lashes. I can get a natural, lengthy lash look or a dramatic thick lash look depending on how many layers I build and where I concentrate on building the mascara (at the roots or tips or both). It's very versatile. Flaking occurred in the first several weeks, but now it has stopped flaking in exchange for light smudging every 3-4 hours. I honestly preferred the flaking, but the smudging is gone with a swipe of my finger anyway (not close to raccoon eyes but gray nonetheless), so it's not much of a hassle- certainly not enough to have to pull out a mirror and rub at the smudges with makeup remover. And it's water-resistant, so it won't run (though it'll smudge and flake lightly). Overall, a very good mascara with decent staying power and an ability to provide a separated lash look, dramatic or natural.

on 10/5/2013 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

If you are tight on money, this is a great mascara to try. I've tried several of the ELF mascaras, and this has been my favorite.

It has a perfect sized rubber wand with small plastic bristles (I usually don't like this type of wand, but these bristles aren't really stiff). The formula is just right - not too wet or dry. It has a nice black pigmentation.

I applied several coats, and didn't have any problems with clumping, flaking, or smudging throughout the day. This mascara gives a nicely defined and fluttery look. It's not a heavy or dramatic type of mascara.

I'm not sure if I would repurchase - I'm still searching for my HG mascara :)