December 18, 2014 | 897 users online

Sunscreen - Shiseido - Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion For Face & Body, spf 60 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by kahillrn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only version I've ever used, I cannot compare this against the 55 but this is what I think so far:

Pros:
Very lightweight
Thin consistency (easily absorbs)
Provides a matte/smooth finish
Smells nice (slight "normal" sunscreen smell, better fragrance than most, sunscreen smell dissipates quickly)
Non-greasy
Very water-resistant
Contains antioxidants
No white residue
Skin felt very soft after absorption

Cons:
PRICE !!!!!!!

If this sunscreen were cheaper, I'd purchase it in a second. $11.80 an oz is a bit much. You can find a comparable sunscreen for less $$$.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by empressxia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use to use the old formula which was more liquidly but have gotten use to the new SPF 60 version. I use this everyday on my face even on days when I don't wear makeup. It is part of my skin care routine. I apply it in the morning before the moisturizer.

I love that it doesn't smell like sunscreen and one bottle lasts me 5-6 months. I have never had any problems with break out. It doesn't have any smell so even my husband is willing to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by mfrisk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm fairly new to Shiseido so I can't comment on the beloved old spf 55 version, but this is my favorite sunscreen that I've tried so far, and since I'm very light-skinned and live in sunny California, I've tried lots and lots. This has high protection with quality ingredients, it absorbs quickly and doesn't leave me too greasy or unable to wear makeup. The only downside is the price, which is significant if you slather on sunscreen every day. I'd love to find a cheaper alternative! I also tried the cream version, but I found it was too heavy for every day (but good for things like skiing).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by flauros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I never used the spf 55 version of this, but I really like this product. After hearing good things about Shiseido sunscreens, I wanted to try this a lot. After 2 weeks, so far so good, no blemishes or oiliness.

Neutrogena sunscreens broke me out, so this is my new love! I only need 4 drops of this stuff to cover my whole face. The texture is extremely watery, sometimes it makes a bit of a mess coming out but if you are slow you can get it to come out drop by drop.

I highly recommend to people looking for a high power SS you can also wear under makeup!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 7:05:00 AM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Worlds better than the original, spf 55, version for me, in that this version is much less drying, more spreadable and less like a suffocating mask on me. However, the scent is still just as strong. While I prefer fragrance free lotions, scent is rarely a deal-breaker for me. It is here though, because I just cannot stomach the heavy, lasting powdery scent of this all over my face all day. Every time I have worn this, I just had to wash it off within a few hours to get rid of the scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by mandy1659

I have to say that I really love this facial sunscreen. However, for this to be helpful I will give a little background on my skin type. I have oily/combo, sometimes acne prone (hormonal acne), skin that sometimes becomes very very very dry when I used my harsh acne gel. So my skin is pretty much all over the place. However, I have been using this sunscreen for 4 months now, in the midst of my rollercoaster skin, and have had zero problems. It offers the protection I need (especially when using harsh products that make my skin VERY sensitive to the sun) and I find it to be moisturizing without being greasy. It has NEVER made my skin oily and I absorbs fully. Everyone has different skin so this product might not be the best for all types. However, it is the best suncreen I have ever used. It is watery and light and doesn't smell TOO strongly of sunscreen, imo. I used Dermalogica's spray sunscreen but it was SO greasy that I had to stop. I will continue to use and buy this unless I find something even better. Also, this will last a LONG time which helps justify the price I think.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Im SO MAD at Shiseido for discontinuing spf 55 lotion and replacing it with this! I used the spf 55 because my face is really oily and it gave me a matt finish. The spf 60 lotion is "heavier" and after putting it on and letting it dry, my skin gets oily and feels like im wearing a mask! I gave it a 3/5 because it DOES protect my fair skin from sun damage, but its unconfortable to wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Marybeth818

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in the camp that thinks this feels great. It is, to me, not greasy. After it dries for a very short time, it feels like I have no sunscreen on and then I can go on and put makeup or anything else over it that I want. The best one I've found.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 5:14:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

I revise my review. this is not like spf 55 version.
WHAT a few of REVIEWERS SAID WAS RIGHT. SPF 60 really DRIES OUT my skin not like SPF 55 product. so i returned it today ( i am gonna buy a sunblock from Clarins or DDF instead, they gave me a sample and i am very satisfied with it. it's moisturizing my skin) i had high expectation with shiseido sun cream but i'm so disappointed .

it's so SAD new product is NOT GOOD AS much as previous one.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by isabellasantoro

I miss the SPF 55 so badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This one is too greasy and does not absorb well, I feel that I am putting on a neutrogena one. What did the shiseido people do, cost innovation? I would really like to know the rationale for the change and discontinuing the older version. Since I do not feel that it absorbs well and I pretty sure that I take it off when I touch my face through the day... Anyways, perhaps this works on dry skins... unfortunately, not mine