E.L.F. Studio Shimmer Palette

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mica, Dimethicone, Polymethylmethacrylate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Synthetic Wax, Triacontanyl PVP, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Titanium Dioxide, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red No.7 Lake (CI 15850), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Red No.6 Lake (CI 15850), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow No.6 Lake (CI 15985)

This is a great little palette for highlighting. I am pretty fair and it still looks great on my skin. During the summer months the staying power isn't as great as I'd like it to be. The brush that comes with it is useless, I mostly just use my fingertips.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

OMG - where has this been all my life???? I ordered this and some other ELF items and it arrived two nights ago. I was instantly hooked. I've used two of the four shades with amazing results. I do the standard cheekbone, inner corner of the eye and brow bone and have since started placing a small amount on the middle of my eyelid. It really makes a difference! I love the consistency of the product - its very smooth and blends really well. While all the colors look similar, I assure you, they're not. The subtle differences show up once applied. This is an EXCELLENT product and I'd gladly purchase it again and again and again....

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This isn't just my HG highlighter, its one of my top 3 HG cosmetic products ever!!!! And yes I am a MU junkie..so that in itself says alot. It comes in the usual black, sleek, sturdy packaging with a mirror, brush & 4 shades (white, peach, bronze,pink). Yes blended out they all look almosttt the same on my NW25 skin, but clearly as the pics show swatching on your fingertips the colors are indeed different. This perhaps will help women of ALL color, achieve a universally flattering glow. Just one swipe of anyy of the shades with my ring finger (yes lightest application even) gives the most natural luminous glow eveR! It feels like silk & thus blends like butter. It has no glitter, just a reflective shimmer with hints of silver in it. You can't really go overboard with this product and because its such a natural--pearlescent yet subtle shine, sometimes I'm fooled into thinking its my room's lights, but one step back & head tilted shows this creamy wonder working its magic!

One swipe per cheekbone + one more takes care of cupids bow and eyebrow arch.I do use my fingertips often, but since I apply foundation/cream blushes with my fingers most of the time also, I find the brush being quite helpful in keeping things less messy. And yes since discovering this product I have forever given up on my previous addictions with Benefit High Beam and MAC ccb in pearl. Not that cost alone is the sole winning component but just FYI:

E.L.F. shimmer palette $3=0.2oz
Benefit High Beam $26=0.45 oz
MAC CCB $18=.12 oz

Ummmm don't even waste any additional time by doing the complete math, go BUY this instead! Enough said.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

ELF's shimmer palette is a four pan palette containing multi-use creams. These creams can be used as highlighters, bases, blushes, eyeshadows and more. It's available on ELF's website, Target, K-Mart, Big Lots and more for $3. The colors are a pearly white, a peachy champagne, a soft gold, and a soft pink. As you can tell by the same, all of these are shimmery.
The formulation of these creams is extremely smooth. They apply easily and blend well. I get about 6 hours of wear.
I get daily use of these creams, mostly as a highlighter for my cheekbones and brow bones. This also does well as a base for blush, but can get creasy as an eyeshadow or eyeshadow base if used without a primer.
These are excellent as highlighters, as they give a really pretty, subtle glow when blended well.
The packaging of this palette is cute, sleek, and functional. The black case is sturdy and snaps closed. It comes with a small brush, but I prefer to apply these with a concealer brush and blend with my fingers. I recommend this product for a number of reasons; the ease of availability, the great price, and the quality and versatility of the product. Overall its a great value at $3.

I have come to generally dislike E.L.F. products, except this one. This is one of the only E.L.F products I will probably use all of and actually want to purchase again. I've been looking for a good highlighter for awhile but disliked most of the drugstore brands. I am Asian American so it's been hard to find one that actually compliments my skin tone and looks natural in photographs or close up versus just making it completely obvious that I put something on my brow bone or on the inside corner of my eyes.

The shimmer palette is super nice because it comes with four different colors, although they are very similar like some of the other reviews have said, I could tell the difference between each color when you put them on. What I really like about the palette is how easily the colors blend (this is a cream versus pressed powder) and how long it lasts when applied. I would suggest in buying a better brush (I HATE E.L.F's brushes, they never do me any good).

Overall, this shimmer palette is a worthwhile buy and will look good on most anyone because of how sheer the colors are when the cream is blended in properly. It's just enough oomph.

This is definitely my favorite elf product! I've regretted a lot of the stuff I've bought from them, but this is a great cream highlighter. I have the Boots highlighter, which was $15 and I get a lot more use out of this. I use the white shade to highlight my inner corner, the pinks on my cheeks and the tan on my forehead and on the bridge of my nose.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a really handy product. It is a palette of 4 colors that all have a pearly glow. The texture is really fine and soft and a lot creamier than e.l.f.'s cream eyeshadows (the regular and studio ones). It can be used as an eyeshadow but it creased on me so I don't recommend it. The main purpose of this product however is highlighting different areas on your face. It's a lot handier than the facial whips (and even the color sticks) and it features four colors which are suitable for all skin tones, even really fair ones like me. The packaging is amazing for such a cheap product, you even get a brush plus the lid has a small window for you to see what container you are holding. Love it and would repurchase.

BTW if you like the colors of the e.l.f. shimmering facial whips but hate the packaging/consistency buy this palette instead...the first two colors are identical to the whips in the colors ''Spotlight'' and ''Lilac petal'', the next two are probably ''Toasted'' and ''Pink lemonade'' but I don't own them so I can't compare).

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

A miss in series of Elf hits and misses. 4 creamy colours in a row, similar enough to be one colour. This to me is not a defination of a good hightlighter. Greases as a eyeshadow base. 1 lippie for being cheap.

Am loving this as a highlighter and an eye shadow base. No creasing, blends easily and I love the shades! Will definitely buy again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Found this at Kmart for $3.00. I'd been looking for a highlighter forever and didn't want to spend a lot - and these popped up at the perfect time.

Love that you get four colors to choose from - I use all of them, and I'm cool toned and quite pale. Lots of shimmer, easily blended, and I love the little brush for applying to my eye area.

The only downside: they don't last long on me. I may try setting them with a light dusting of powder, but generally cream highlighters last maybe an hour or two, no matter which brand I try.