October 31, 2014 | 895 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Lasting Finish Pro - Steel Grey

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by LucyBelieves

I love this colour. It appears a bit more mauve than Particuliere and is therefore much more flattering. The polish wears well and lasts a long while. I am in love with this brush. Yes, it is wide but unlike OPI's big fat brush, which I detest, this one is narrow and rounded and makes it easy for me to apply without getting it all over my cuticles. I'm going to check out their other colours next time I'm in the drugstore.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have mixed feelings about this polish. I bought this when the whole "greige" trend started (this is more of a grey/taupe), tried this once and hated the muddy color. I just applied it again today out of boredom from my usual colors and I guess this one isn't sooo bad. For some reason I like the way it looks on my toes better than on my fingers. I just think this color would work a lot better on people with cool undertones in their skin. I'm Asian, with yellow undertones, so this seems to "wash out" my fingers and hands- it just looks weird. However, I had to bump this up to 4 lippies because the brush is AMAZING- literally the best nail polish brush ever (flat and wide with a rounded edge) and I never really cared about nail polish brushes before but this one blows all the other ones away. I wish all nail poiishes came with this type of brush; it just makes it soooo easy to apply the nail color faster. Also, the consistency of this polish is perfect- it's very creamy (I hate watery nail polishes) but still easy to spread it around on your nails. It definitely takes 2-3 coats to get a consistent, creamy color but the brush makes applying several coats really fast. I will definitely try more Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro nail colors, I just don't think this color was right for my skintone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So boring. I hate gray nailpolishes. I gave them a fair shot but ew. Does not work on me at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 5:02:00 AM More reviews by rezdechausee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love greys and greiges and beiges, but this is a grey unlike the others, it has a touch of mauve to it that softens it a bit and it's very flattering on the hand.
Loved the wider brush; great control. Loved the high gloss finish to it and it dries pretty fast. Would definitely buy again; the mauve-y grey is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 4:27:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

Wow! I borrowed this polish off my sister and am very impressed with the colour and quality of this. I heard the colour is a dupe for the 'Metro Chic' polish by Sephora for OPI. The colour is very flattering to alot of different skin tones as well. I have been wanting to try more grey and neutral toned polishes for Autumn, and am glad to have found this gem in my sister's collection. Nice pigmentation and glossy sheen with two coats, dries very quickly and no streaking at all. Last's about 4 days without top coat on, with very little chipping. Might have to steal this one from her. Will repurchase if I ever run out. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 3:54:00 AM More reviews by aimmeee

The color is amazing and I like the jelly-like finish. It could be a dupe for Sephora for OPI's Metro Chic. I find that the color is a lot more purple than it is grey, especially when applied. The brush is stiff and wide which is something new to me. Therefore the application was difficult. The color would be denser at the bottom and streaky at the fingertips. I'm probably just not used to it and that's why I'm having problems with getting an even application. This isn't really a big problem because once you do a second coat, color is even. Does last up to 10 days like it says on the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by chinkycin

i absolutely love this polish. the color is great, the brush is wider than the normal ones and so easy to use. this is a perfect polish for my work look.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by absolia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect polish. It looks super classy. It's dynamic and changes depending on the light. It's extremely easy to put on because the brush is perfection. The formulation is super lux and it looks so shiny and polished even without a topcoat. And bonus (!), the bottle is really nice. I'm definitely going to buy more from this line.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by ilovelagerfeld

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a purpleish greige with a fairly nice formulation. It isn't as thin or streaky as Color Club's High Society(which is also less purple.) IT is not as neutral or classy looking as Essie's Chinchilly either.

I HATE the wide brush. IT's so annoying and clumsy! and it deposits too much product most of the time. I don't think I'll buy any more of these wide brush polishes just because there is no color that they could possibly make that I can't find from another brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by dbourque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Favourite colour in my collection (and believe me, there's plently of competition). Summer/Fall/Winter/Spring, it's got you covered. Love. It.

It applies like a dream and it's my go-to when I'm not sure what colour to paint my nails. Do yourself the favour and just buy it. Great dupe for Particuliere.