August 23, 2014 | 1765 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by ChichiV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The colours run a bit too pink for my skintone,so i can't use this on my blemishes..
i do use this for under my eyes..it works great!

The coverage is light to medium and it does crease a bit during the day..so i top it off with a setting powder.

I would not use this i you have dry undereyes or fine lines.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Marlenejane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have to say it has really good coverage and looks good when I first put it on but it begins to dry out around my pimples and just look cakey and like I have pimples I'm trying to cover! It's not the worst concealer and I can make it work but it's not ideal for dry skin. Not very good under eyes either. It's a little hard to blend out with your fingers, I usually just dot it on and dab it out really gently with a brush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Tried to make this work but all colours (from light to mediums) were too pink on my skin.

I did like the staying power, lasted all day with very minor cakiness (but my skin is drier right now). Dries very fast so you have to blend quickly. I found it a bit drying in the under eye area. However - I'm using this as a matte highlight under brows, etc and it does a great job. Blends really nicely into skin without looking obvious or thick.

Bottom line - this is probably better for cool toned women, with oilier skin types that need a concealer with medium-full coverage.

Might consider re-purchase if they came out with more colours, but likely not as there are better concealers out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Kellywilson28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was hoping for a long lasting concealer to cover blemishes and dark circles, something that I could top with powder for a quick look.. However this went on so Cakey! I couldn't deal with it. I'm glad I didn't spend more than I did. I tried using it different ways like with a wet sponge or stippling brush. I would not repurchase this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by scatcat92

Concealers are hit or miss for me-- I think everyone needs to find their right concealer via trial and error. Anyways, this was a miss for me. The color match was nice, and the coverage was decent. The packaging is good, typical deer foot applicator. However, because it is a long lasting formula, it dried like paint. It doesn't budge-- it definitely lasts. It's just very drying and and looks crumbly under the eye area. It accentuated fine lines and dryness, and it was hard to blend because it dried so quickly. For someone will oily, young skin, this might be a hit. Unfortunately, it wasn't for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Aliyourpally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this a while back. No matter what I do, it looks disgusting under my eyes or on pimples that I'm trying to conceal. It's too light for my skin tone (which is basically transparent) and it settles into every single line. I'm only 15 and it makes me look like I'm 55. Still trying to find a good concealer :/

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by cookiecasey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My under eye area is usually dry and when I use this, it settles into all of my fine lines and accentuates how dry my under eye area is. Also there are not enough shades so I could not find the right shade for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Verrine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Covers and stays well. Does run some when I use contact lens eye drops. Use less than you think you need & it blends better. If it's too contrasty with your skin, you probably have the wrong shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by shelly_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great concealer to cover/mask a frown line I have in my forehead. It doesn't settle into the line (unless I frown constantly) and makes the frown line appear less dense. It can be drying, so I don't use it under my eyesc as it could make the very fine lines there appear worse.

I would re-purchase (and have done so) as it is cheap in comparison to other concealers in Aus, it does the job I want it to (i.e mask my frown line), it lasts throughout the day, and the colour is a good match.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by FGunsmoke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this Maybelline concealer in Ivory, and, one of the main reason's why I like it so much is because it is the perfect neutral, pale Ivory shade. The other reason why is because it actually covers and neutralizes any red cystic acne spots. Those marks can be very tough to conceal, but this (and Mary Kay concealer) works for several hours.

I recommend patting the concealer onto your face with a clean finger or disposable makeup sponge. In an effort to minimize spreading bacteria, I do not put the doe-foot applicator on my face -- ever. I also do not use the same finger or sponge for more than one part of my face. If I need to reapply, I always put the concealer on a clean sponge or freshly washed fingertips. If this sounds like I have a mild obsessive compulsive disorder, so be it. :) It has vastly helped control my breakouts and confine them to only one area.

As a side note, I've used Physician's Formula RX too. It would have been a strong contender, but it made my chin break out in tiny little bumps, which went away once I stopped using the PF concealer.

(For reference, my personal shade of pale coordinates well to L'Oreal True Match liquid foundation in N1 or W2.)