MAC #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

4.4

I use this brush with the compact mineralize foundation and I LOVE it. I like how much of the product it grabs--a minimal amount. I can build up on foundation if I want a sheer coverage or a little heavier. It's very soft and I give it a gentle cleaning everyday with the MAC brush cleaner, and after 6 months of use it is still like new. This is my favorite face brush for applying foundation!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I had the 190 Foundation brush, which got stolen! I was so devastated but when I was introduced to this brush...I can't live a day without it! I love how you can use it on everything: liquid foundation, to blend out your concealer, apply powder base AND cream products! Such a total must have!
As a beginner, you may find yourself wanting the either 187 or 188 brush because of the bristles making a larger circular range of motion, but with this brush, you're able to control the amount of product on your face.
This is a daily must use for me whether I apply my liquid or powder foundation.

P.S.
Hope my review helps!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this brush a couple of days ago and i love it so much! It's great for foundation application around the nose and eye area. It's a little bit pricey but definetely worth the money!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I got this at the CCO for either $28 or $29- super duper score! I should have gotten 2.
Several months ago, I got the SE version of this brush in a holiday set. The brush was s-so. It didn't really blend anything, the bristles had very little movement. But, a makeup artist whose work I follow, swears by this brush. And, her foundation work is amazing.

So, while at the the CCO I snapped this baby up. And I'm so glad I did. This brush just glides across my skin and blends liquid foundation perfectly. I like it better than the 187 and 188 (which is way too flimsy) because the brush is small enough to actually do blending work on the face and stiff enough to actually control the brush.

My brush doesn't shed or bleed dye, so I guess I lucked out.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought this #130 duo fibre brush as a SE set during the Holiday 2011 season. It has a clear glittered short handle. This set was made in China and most of the brushes don't compare to their full-lengthed counterparts.

I was surprised how useful the #130 SE brush was for me. I love how densely packed the bristles are. The brush holds its shape as a stippling tool.

I use it to touch up small areas with MAC skinfinish powder before I use an all-over face brush. Also, I tend to use it to lightly disperse highly-pigmented shadows as a highlighter, then blend it in with my blush brush.

Definitely a staple! This made the SE set worth buying! :)

I am IN LOVE with this brush. It is more dense, short and stubby than most similar brushes and it makes a huge difference.

For those of you having trouble with it please do not give up. Give your brush a good wash, leave overnight then try again.
I would not recommend using this to apply foundation (except maybe a cream compact formulation - i haven't tried personally) instead apply liquid foundation with usual foundation brush or sponge then use the #130 to buff. Start with really light circular motions and buff outwards over product covered face. Great for blending into hairline and small enough to go in under the eyes and around nose. Don't allow product to build up into the brush just go over the face. It might take a little practice but it makes a huge difference to the finish of your foundation.

Bought this adorable little brush with my new Matchmaster foundation and it is just wonderful! Can't say enough about it. Applies my foundation in the most perfect way, and blends it wonderfully. The best part about it is that it is synthetic, so my foundation washes out of it completely. Highly recommended for liquid foundation lovers!

Oh the Mac 130 how I dont like you. This brush was so expensive and it shed so much it not ecen funny. I used this with liquid foundation and i kept having to remove the hairs from my face it was ao annoying. Sigmas F80 is so much better then this brush a cost less. The washing and drying of this brush is very easy. But in the end i regret buying this brush wish i could return it ..

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

MAC 130 Duo Fibre Brush is a brush with dense bristles to apply and blend creamy and powdery products. I tend to use it to blend out concealers under my eye as its size is perfect for the area. The coverage is full and natural, yet does not take up as much product comparing to using a traditional foudation brush. It is easy to just stipple it on my skin and no irritation has been caused so far. Blushes and bronzers can also be applied with this if the products are not so pigmented, and the colours are sealed properly on my skin. It gives precise application and does not shed. If you like the 187, you'll also love 130 for smaller area application , it's just 130 is much more densely packed and so it's easy to apply too much sometimes. It's very expensive for such a small brush but I think it's worth it and I reach for it every single day, replacing my MAC 195 concealer brush which is a bit too small to blend concealers to cover my dark eye circles and freckles.

One more plus is that it's so easy to wash and dry - much better than traditonal foundation brushes which pack up so much foundation and it can never be 100% washed off.

Bristles: 4.5/5
shape: 5/5
versatility: 5/5
application: 4.5/5
price: 4/5
Overall: 4.5/5

In theory I love this brush. It works great and I like the finish it provides with my foundation. HOWEVER I have washed it now about 10 times and its still bleeding black dye and the white bristles are now grey. I know this doesn't affect how it functions but it bothers me still and I'm mad about it and the MAC store closed in my city so it would be a real PITA to return it.

UPDATE: I contacted MAC customer service over the phone and they sent me a new 130 brush and a label to ship back the old one. It doesn't bleed, not even the first wash (yay)! but it doesn't seem as bushy/dense as the one I'm sending back to them. I think it has fewer bristles but it could just be that its brand new and unused.

Popular Makeup Brushes