Dior Capture Totale One Essential Skin Boosting Super Serum

4.1

Ingredients: Water, butylene glycol, glycerin, alcohol, caprylic/capric/succinic, triglyceride, ascorbyl glucoside, polymethylsilsesquioxane, isohexadecane, lactic acid, malyiyol, peg-60 hydrogenated castor oil, aminomethyl propanediol, phenoxyethanol, peg-32, peg-8, acrylates/C-10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, sodium citrate, sodium hydroxide, decyloxazolidinone, peg-7 glyceryl coconate, tocopheryl acetate, parfum (fragrance), tetrasodium edta, faex (yeast) extract, lecithin, calcium pantetheine sulfonate, acacia Senegal gum, pyrus cydonia seed extract, salicylic acid, xanthan gum, malva sylvestris (mallow) extract, alcaligenes polysaccharides, dimethylmethoxy chromanol, hydrolyzed soy flour, adenosine, sorbitol, biosaccharide gum-1, pentylene glycol, hydrolyzed soy protein, sodium metabisulfite, algin, citric acid, aframomum angustifolium seed extract, butylphenyl methylpropional, thiohustidine, limonene, polyvinyl alcohol, oenothera biennis (evening primrose) extract, kluyveromyces extract, cellulose gum, ethylhexyl-glycerin, alpha-isomethyl ionone, geraniol, potassium sorbate, plankton extract, potentilla erecta root extract, CI 12700 (red 4), BHT, tocopherol

on 8/21/2012 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I really wanted to like this product. It's cheaper than the Capture Total Multi-concentrate Serum (which I found first and absolutely love) and so I thought I'd give it a shot.
It's too sticky for me. I tend to have dry skin, but this product doesn't absorb quickly for me, and it feels like I have stickier skin throughout the day overall, even with a light absorbing powder to cover (i've been using for roughly 3 weeks). One day I compared half of my face using the Essential one vs the Multi-concentrate to do a true comparison, and the Multi-concentrate side has no stickiness, and leaves my skin velvety soft with more plump to my skin than the Essential One side.

on 7/13/2012 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I use Dior products on and off, and currently this is the only Dior skincare product that is left in use. This serum does not do miracles but it is a decent weak glycolic buffer which delivers some visible results when used faithfully for at least a couple of weeks. For me it is OK to use it on its own, especially in the summer time, but could not be insufficient in colder months or for dryer skins. A little goes a long way, I have first used a 30 ml bottle purchased at a bargain price just to try it and then liked it enough to indulge myself when travelling and to buy a twin pack of 50mls in Frankfurt Duty Free. However, after that my commitment subseded and I must try really hard to get use of these two bottles until they get rotten. This is not my go to serum, but a good investment if you can avoid buying it at full retail price. Anyway, somehow it goes well with other products from Guerlain and Clinique, though usually you are not encouraged to mix different skincare brands

on 7/13/2012 2:19:00 AM

I am still unsure about this product. i find it difficult to tell if it is actually doing what it says. all i can say for certain is that the smell is beautiful !!! i think thats my favorite thing about the product !! it does absolutely nothing for my acne prone skin and is very expensive. i got kind of scared because when i stopped using it for a couple days my skin looked horrendous !!! with that kinda price, one would think it should improve skin overtime and not result in it practically falling off when u stop using it. hmmmm...who knows

on 7/7/2012 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The serum is not sticky and easy to apply and you need only a tiny amount each time. My 50 ml bottle lasted 5 months and I applied it am and pm everyday. So not as bad as it sounds when you read the price tag but still expensive!

I did not see any glow after using it (which is what I was hoping for), but what worked for me is that it kept the pimples at bay. Not that I did not have pimples while on it, but they were few and far between and used to go away quick. I ran out of it and for the past two weeks my face is covered with stubborn pimples.

I want to try other serums (Estee Lauder and Clarins) because I want both the glow and clear skin, one is not enough! But I may purchase it again if I don't find anything more suitable and wallet-friendly.

on 7/1/2012 12:05:00 PM

Makes my skin glows from inside out...I love it!!!!!!!
Now it comes with a 50ml bottle at CAD$ 125, totally worth the price.

on 6/10/2012 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hi everyone,

I have previously used this product for 6 months but gave it to my mum once I investested in chanel sublimage concentrate. Here are my feelings on the product:

Pros

1. My skin glows more than when applying chanel sublimage

Cons

1. Expensive
2. Not as effective for anti aging as much as chanel sublimage

on 6/2/2012 6:00:00 AM

I was given a sample of this product at Sephora and of course tried it. I was applying a tiny yet sufficient amount AM and PM for as long as the sample lasted (about 3 to 4 weeks)

Did it work? Not that I can tell.

It has a pleasant very subtle scent, goes on easy, absorbs rapidly but other than that, I wasn't enticed to purchase the product after finishing the sample.

I am giving it 3 lippies simply because it is not a terrible product. I did not purchase it and I cannot say it caused any damage to my skin either. It is simply an overly priced serum that did not work for me.

This serum is the best i have ever used and i have tried a lot!
Texture is lovely,easily absorbed, not sticky. Feels great when applied and results are visible within days.Smooth and radiant skin and i generally like the idea of detoxifying.
It is pricey but lasts for a long time. I bought the limited edition 75ml bottle which is better value.
Bottle is nice, hygienic and the pump delivers the right amount.
Will repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I used to this serum for almost 2 years. it made my breakouts and hyper pigmentation to reduce, my skin was luminous and felt amazing. It also stopped my differen gel from drying my face out. The problem is the price/amount used. I go through a bottle every two months and that is 5-600 a year depending on sales. If this replaced the need for other serums it wouldn't be a problem but as I age, I need more intensive active ingredients. I quit using for 6 months and my face did everything but fall off. I eventually got stronger results for less cash per year with cosmetic skin solutions serums. Great serum for a young person or as a first serum if you have cash to spare... I don't

on 5/1/2012 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Old Advance Night Repair user here! But this has definitely won me over! The texture of my skin improves every night I use this. Pricey but well worth it. Perfect for my skin!

Popular Treatments (Face)