Dior Capture Totale One Essential Skin Boosting Super Serum

4.1

Ingredients: Water, butylene glycol, glycerin, alcohol, caprylic/capric/succinic, triglyceride, ascorbyl glucoside, polymethylsilsesquioxane, isohexadecane, lactic acid, malyiyol, peg-60 hydrogenated castor oil, aminomethyl propanediol, phenoxyethanol, peg-32, peg-8, acrylates/C-10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, sodium citrate, sodium hydroxide, decyloxazolidinone, peg-7 glyceryl coconate, tocopheryl acetate, parfum (fragrance), tetrasodium edta, faex (yeast) extract, lecithin, calcium pantetheine sulfonate, acacia Senegal gum, pyrus cydonia seed extract, salicylic acid, xanthan gum, malva sylvestris (mallow) extract, alcaligenes polysaccharides, dimethylmethoxy chromanol, hydrolyzed soy flour, adenosine, sorbitol, biosaccharide gum-1, pentylene glycol, hydrolyzed soy protein, sodium metabisulfite, algin, citric acid, aframomum angustifolium seed extract, butylphenyl methylpropional, thiohustidine, limonene, polyvinyl alcohol, oenothera biennis (evening primrose) extract, kluyveromyces extract, cellulose gum, ethylhexyl-glycerin, alpha-isomethyl ionone, geraniol, potassium sorbate, plankton extract, potentilla erecta root extract, CI 12700 (red 4), BHT, tocopherol

i try EVERYTHING before buying and from a generous sample from sephora, i was blown away with the result in morning after one use. being skeptical, i used it for a good 5 days and yupe, my skin was definitely better than it was before i started. smooth, even skin tone, minimized pores, sped up the healing of my current breakouts, and no more breakout.since it's a pricier product, i tested it with another sample for another week and ive been waking up to the same results. having said that, im fully aware of how products give different results for different people so make sure you test this for a few days first.

I'm in love with Dior products. Firstly, they're not as expensive as some other brands here in NZ. Secondly, the products really do work! I wondered whether I actually needed a serum but sort of got talked into it by the sales lady at the shop I purchased this from. I'm glad I did, as the difference to my skin in the two weeks I've been using this is staggering! I read on a makeup guidance forum that you should always apply serum immediately after toner, while your face is still damp from the toner, which I have been doing - then I wait for about 10 minutes before appying my moisturiser, which I finds just glides over the top beautifully. This is an outstanding product.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I actually used 2 full size bottles of this serum, hoping to see at least some positive results promised by the AD Campaignand many online/magazine raves. Unfortunately i dont have a lot of positives to report back to our beloved MUA community :-(
I am very patient and choosy when it comes to my skincare - my skin is somewhat problematic (combination, congested, rough etc) so i always-always do my research before i put anything on my face. I use mostly HE brands when it comes to facial care and even though i dont mind splurging on quality products, I also have certain expectations based on the price tag itself. Prior to purchasing this i knew the nature of the serum and its purpose - its suppose to improve/enhance the preformance of everything else layered on top. Basically it implies that it makes all of your other skincare work better by increasing absorption and activating the igredients in anything you put on top of it.
Sounds great right? If it worked then yes but unfortunately for me this serum did nothing after 8 months and 2 full sized bottles. That being said it didnt make anything worse either - simply put there were no positives or negatives for me. I didnt enjoy using it but i had faith since it worked for so many otheres - i just figured my results were just a little late :( Well all my delusions are now over, the bubble is busted and the 2nd bottle is empty - i am not repurchasing it and will most likely stay away from the Dior counter for a while (i am petty like that lol).
Since this is so expensive I would definitively recommend getting a sample first - I wish you luck and hope you see something promising in the mirror even though i didnt :(
I wonder what my next delusion will look like???

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I really wanted to like this product. It's cheaper than the Capture Total Multi-concentrate Serum (which I found first and absolutely love) and so I thought I'd give it a shot.
It's too sticky for me. I tend to have dry skin, but this product doesn't absorb quickly for me, and it feels like I have stickier skin throughout the day overall, even with a light absorbing powder to cover (i've been using for roughly 3 weeks). One day I compared half of my face using the Essential one vs the Multi-concentrate to do a true comparison, and the Multi-concentrate side has no stickiness, and leaves my skin velvety soft with more plump to my skin than the Essential One side.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I use Dior products on and off, and currently this is the only Dior skincare product that is left in use. This serum does not do miracles but it is a decent weak glycolic buffer which delivers some visible results when used faithfully for at least a couple of weeks. For me it is OK to use it on its own, especially in the summer time, but could not be insufficient in colder months or for dryer skins. A little goes a long way, I have first used a 30 ml bottle purchased at a bargain price just to try it and then liked it enough to indulge myself when travelling and to buy a twin pack of 50mls in Frankfurt Duty Free. However, after that my commitment subseded and I must try really hard to get use of these two bottles until they get rotten. This is not my go to serum, but a good investment if you can avoid buying it at full retail price. Anyway, somehow it goes well with other products from Guerlain and Clinique, though usually you are not encouraged to mix different skincare brands

I am still unsure about this product. i find it difficult to tell if it is actually doing what it says. all i can say for certain is that the smell is beautiful !!! i think thats my favorite thing about the product !! it does absolutely nothing for my acne prone skin and is very expensive. i got kind of scared because when i stopped using it for a couple days my skin looked horrendous !!! with that kinda price, one would think it should improve skin overtime and not result in it practically falling off when u stop using it. hmmmm...who knows

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The serum is not sticky and easy to apply and you need only a tiny amount each time. My 50 ml bottle lasted 5 months and I applied it am and pm everyday. So not as bad as it sounds when you read the price tag but still expensive!

I did not see any glow after using it (which is what I was hoping for), but what worked for me is that it kept the pimples at bay. Not that I did not have pimples while on it, but they were few and far between and used to go away quick. I ran out of it and for the past two weeks my face is covered with stubborn pimples.

I want to try other serums (Estee Lauder and Clarins) because I want both the glow and clear skin, one is not enough! But I may purchase it again if I don't find anything more suitable and wallet-friendly.

Makes my skin glows from inside out...I love it!!!!!!!
Now it comes with a 50ml bottle at CAD$ 125, totally worth the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hi everyone,

I have previously used this product for 6 months but gave it to my mum once I investested in chanel sublimage concentrate. Here are my feelings on the product:

Pros

1. My skin glows more than when applying chanel sublimage

Cons

1. Expensive
2. Not as effective for anti aging as much as chanel sublimage

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I was given a sample of this product at Sephora and of course tried it. I was applying a tiny yet sufficient amount AM and PM for as long as the sample lasted (about 3 to 4 weeks)

Did it work? Not that I can tell.

It has a pleasant very subtle scent, goes on easy, absorbs rapidly but other than that, I wasn't enticed to purchase the product after finishing the sample.

I am giving it 3 lippies simply because it is not a terrible product. I did not purchase it and I cannot say it caused any damage to my skin either. It is simply an overly priced serum that did not work for me.