September 19, 2014 | 1250 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Orgasm Illuminator

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by mlynde82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

These products are nice, but they apply very thinly (good, if you just want a highlighter). My biggest issue with them is that they dry VERY quickly, and if you do not blend them to perfection immediately, they seem very unnatural.

This color is beautiful, but I don't find myself reaching for it often, as it tends to look more like a blush than a highlighter on my very fair skin. The color is gorgeous as a blush, but to use this product on the cheeks as a blush (since it doesn't work as a highlight for me), the blending issue I stated above applies... if I don't blend it perfectly IMMEDIATELY (and I mean within seconds), it is very unnatural-looking, which of course I never want.

The other thing I want to make sure I mention to you is that it is VERY easy to get too much product out of the tube when you squirt some out. You truly only need the TINIEST amount (like about 1/4th the size of a dime) to get the desired effect, but it's very difficult to squeeze a tiny amount out--almost every time, I get too much and end up wasting it. Another complaint is that when you buy it and take it out of its little box, it's only filled up about 3/4ths of the way through the tube. I bought two different colors and this was the case for both--it makes it seem like you aren't getting your money's worth.

These are nice products, of good quality, but they just don't seem to work as intended, and for the money you spend on the product, it isn't really worth it. I will probably never buy it again, simply because I don't get much use out of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by JINXUK

Totally rubbish.
The colour looks lovely in the tube but when applied it looks and feels thin and lacking in any pigment. I'm a MAC NC20 and i honestly couldn't see this on my skin, even when i attempted to layer on a bit more.
I did use it over my foundation in the attempt to highlight my cheekbones. maybe it could be used in another way? Mixed with a matt foundation to create a glow on tanned skin?
I wish i knew a way to make use of this as it's money thrown in the bin in my opinion.
I expected so much more from a NARS product.
I think i'll just stick with their powder products only in future.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by kapricornbb

I was looking for an illuminator because i found my skin looks a bit dull. When i went to the NARS counter, i was recommended the shade in Copacabana (more of a pearly tone). But i couldn't resist buying this one coz the colour looks so nice and golden. I apply this after my foundation on top of my cheek bones and my cheeks (before putting on blush). It doesn't look too shiny and looks very natural. Sometimes i apply more because i just LOVE the glowy effect and it can look too natural for me. It stays on all day and doesnt look oily or anything. I absolutely adore this. Will most likely buy the Copacabana one as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by iamaraluen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of those products I couldn't live without!
It makes your skin GLOW, defines your cheekbones and when you have lots of makeup on and you put this on too it makes it look way more natural. It's not too glittery, no noticeable scent and the price is very decent considering how long it lasts. I have used this for more than a year and i'm still not even halfway through the bottle.
Love this product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by shgirl2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I got a sample of this at Sephora, (where they give generous samples. I like getting at least 3 to 5 days worth because by then, I 've got my mind made up as to whether I like it enough to purchase it.)
I think it's just a touch darker then the rest of the other Orgasm products because it seems to have a touch more brown in it, which is great for this particular product since it does give more of a sun kissed glow, so something that makes you look a little more tanned is appropriate.
I have used this alone as a blush when I don't want to look too made up and I have used it over blush and it makes it a little more sheer and dewy. I have a good weeks worth of it in the sample and just might repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was so excited when I first saw these new illuminators because they seem so easy to wear. And they are. The only thing is that I think this version, Orgasm, is a little too sheer that I did not really see much of a difference during use. I like it, but I do not think it is really worth the expensive price. I do think that if it works for you that it is a great deal because the tube is a pretty good size.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this as part of a gift set and I was afraid it would be too dark for me because I have very fair skin. However when I apply a small amount of this to my cheekbones, my skin just glows! This goes on very sheer and isn't too glittery. I don't even think the tube I have is full sized but I think it will last me forever because a little goes a long way.

I apply this on top of my foundation but before my loose powder and I get a nice subtle glow that warms up my pale skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by LovelyWhite6

I was getting my make done at Mecca Cosmetica and the MUA tried this stuff on my cheek bones. I saw rosey color cream on her fingers and thought most highlighters I've tried are silvery, champagney, glittery....I looked in the mirror. ahhh GLOWY. This is soooo pretty! Though I had enough in my makeup budget for foundation that day, the MUA dispensed some in an empty lip containers. You can put as little or as much as you like on. Because of the rosey colour. it can sit over a blush well. Definitely gonna be my next purchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Merr

I saw this as I was about to leave Sephora in SF the other day and I couldn't resist. My skin has been really dry for quite a while and I wanted something to make it GLOW. Although this was a bit pricey, I've decided I'm going to just keep it just because of the amazing results I got. I mixed this with my foundation and it gives my cheeks a nice shimmer and glow. I couldn't stop staring at my cheeks, I just fell in love with this product. You don't even need to use a lot, a little goes a long way. It's just amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by dragonaire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this as a Christmas gift this past holiday and I really do love it. It's light, sheer and gives a very natural, dewy looking glow which is exactly what I was looking for. I apply it to my cheeks and the bridge of my nose and it makes my skin look fresh and glowing. My only issue with it is the price, about $25 for the tube. I cringe at spending more than $10 on a cosmetic, but this has pretty much become my HG illuminator and I'm not about to waste money to experiment on other products that I might not even like as much. I can't say how long this has lasted me since I'm nowhere near finished with the tube, but despite my complaints about the price, when I do run out, I will be purchasing again