July 24, 2014 | 2192 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Orgasm Illuminator

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by iamaraluen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of those products I couldn't live without!
It makes your skin GLOW, defines your cheekbones and when you have lots of makeup on and you put this on too it makes it look way more natural. It's not too glittery, no noticeable scent and the price is very decent considering how long it lasts. I have used this for more than a year and i'm still not even halfway through the bottle.
Love this product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by shgirl2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I got a sample of this at Sephora, (where they give generous samples. I like getting at least 3 to 5 days worth because by then, I 've got my mind made up as to whether I like it enough to purchase it.)
I think it's just a touch darker then the rest of the other Orgasm products because it seems to have a touch more brown in it, which is great for this particular product since it does give more of a sun kissed glow, so something that makes you look a little more tanned is appropriate.
I have used this alone as a blush when I don't want to look too made up and I have used it over blush and it makes it a little more sheer and dewy. I have a good weeks worth of it in the sample and just might repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was so excited when I first saw these new illuminators because they seem so easy to wear. And they are. The only thing is that I think this version, Orgasm, is a little too sheer that I did not really see much of a difference during use. I like it, but I do not think it is really worth the expensive price. I do think that if it works for you that it is a great deal because the tube is a pretty good size.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this as part of a gift set and I was afraid it would be too dark for me because I have very fair skin. However when I apply a small amount of this to my cheekbones, my skin just glows! This goes on very sheer and isn't too glittery. I don't even think the tube I have is full sized but I think it will last me forever because a little goes a long way.

I apply this on top of my foundation but before my loose powder and I get a nice subtle glow that warms up my pale skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by LovelyWhite6

I was getting my make done at Mecca Cosmetica and the MUA tried this stuff on my cheek bones. I saw rosey color cream on her fingers and thought most highlighters I've tried are silvery, champagney, glittery....I looked in the mirror. ahhh GLOWY. This is soooo pretty! Though I had enough in my makeup budget for foundation that day, the MUA dispensed some in an empty lip containers. You can put as little or as much as you like on. Because of the rosey colour. it can sit over a blush well. Definitely gonna be my next purchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Merr

I saw this as I was about to leave Sephora in SF the other day and I couldn't resist. My skin has been really dry for quite a while and I wanted something to make it GLOW. Although this was a bit pricey, I've decided I'm going to just keep it just because of the amazing results I got. I mixed this with my foundation and it gives my cheeks a nice shimmer and glow. I couldn't stop staring at my cheeks, I just fell in love with this product. You don't even need to use a lot, a little goes a long way. It's just amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by dragonaire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this as a Christmas gift this past holiday and I really do love it. It's light, sheer and gives a very natural, dewy looking glow which is exactly what I was looking for. I apply it to my cheeks and the bridge of my nose and it makes my skin look fresh and glowing. My only issue with it is the price, about $25 for the tube. I cringe at spending more than $10 on a cosmetic, but this has pretty much become my HG illuminator and I'm not about to waste money to experiment on other products that I might not even like as much. I can't say how long this has lasted me since I'm nowhere near finished with the tube, but despite my complaints about the price, when I do run out, I will be purchasing again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The illuminator looks natural yet noticeable, and is great for creating a dewy look. It's runnier than other liquid illuminators I've tried, but it's a plus because it allows you to apply it sheer or build it up. It's a little pricey, but you get a ton of product and it definitely lasts.

EDIT:
I wrote that review the day I purchased it, and looking back it's unhelpful and kinda sucks. Since then, it has become my HG, can't-step-outside-without-it, discontinued-is-not-an-option product. Here we go:

I still think it makes skin look gorgeous and dewy, and it has light peach and gold undertones-- also plays wonderfully with neutral tones. It is NOT runnier than most other highlighters (although Nars Copacabana is thicker) doesn't have as a traditional highlighting effect; it's not as shimmery and is more sheer than, say, Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer, Benefit That Gal, or Benefit High Beam, to name a few. But this is a plus because you can build it up to get a more intense effect.
I also realize the packaging has been upgraded and I love the new flip-top, small spout design. I owned the original screw-cap tube and I'd get an illuminator volcano every other time I tried to squeeze some out. Seems they've taken care of that now.
A tube will still last you 'til the apocalypse. I had my first one for a little over a year and was only about halfway through when I lost it *weeps*.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by purplepan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this product! I have been a long time fan of Nars and the orgasm line. I have the blush, the multi-stick, and laguna bronzer, and now this. I have used a plethora of high end, low end and everything in between makeup but I love this illuminator. I have really really dry skin. And by that I mean I've rarely encountered skin even close to mine in my 24 years of life, yet this illuminator is smooth , blends well with finger tips, doesn't cake in or make my skin dry, and it doesn't irritate my aggressive eczema.

Besides that, this color and illumination is gorgeous. I saw it at Sephora and couldn't help myself.

Definitely, definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by jaeselle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my go-to liquid highlighter. I actually like this better than the Orgasm blush b/c it leaves a dewy sheen on my face for the prettiest peachy golden glow without looking over highlighted or sparkly.
Amazing for summer and even better in the winter months when you're a tad pasty. A little goes a long way!
My fav NARS product of all time :)