Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 7.5%, OCTOCRYLENE 5.0%, TITANIUM DIOXIDE 8.5%, ZINC OXIDE 2.94% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, WATER, STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, CAPYRLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, SD ALCOHOL 40, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEPTYL UNDECYLENATE, LECITHIN, PEG/PPG -20/15 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, C12-16 ALCOHOLS, DIACETYL BOLDINE, DIMETHICONE/METHICONE COPOLYMER, DISODIUM EDTA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, GELATIN, GENISTEIN, GLYCYRRHETINIC ACID, ALPHA LIPOIC ACID, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, PALMITIC ACID, PEG-12 GLYCERYL DIMYRISTATE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 PALMITATE, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, SOLANUM LYCOPERSICUM (TOMATO) FRUIT EXTRACT, SQUALANE, SUCROSE, TOCOPHEROL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TRIETHANOLAMINE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, UBIQUINONE, XANTHAN GUM, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, ETHYLENE BRASSYLATE, PHENOXYETHANOL MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES, TITANIUM DIOXIDE

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought a bottle of this from Big Lots on Friday for 4$. I loved it so much I went the next day on Sat. and bought 3 back ups! Maybe a little bit overboard, but I know the retail price is close to $15. The only color they had was Fair to light and it works well for my coloring but is a tad bit too dark. I am sad to read that there is an ivory to light color that I think would work better for me, but they didn't have that at Big Lots. I think that this TM does pull a little dark so I would go with lighter than darker if you are on the fence about colors.

I was so shocked with how much coverage it gave! Wow! It also spread on really nicely (with my fingers) and had no streaking. It also left a relatively matte finish, which is rare for TM in my opinion.

Today I put on two coats to build up coverage and it looks almost like a foundation! I really am pleased with that look, considering that I don't have to blend and that it comes with moisturizer and high SPF all in one. Is nice with other products, like blush and highlighter.

The con for me is the strange smell. It is not a sunscreen smell, but there is some kind of chemicall-y smell I don't care for. It doesn't linger and it doesn't bother me that much, but it would be better if it wasn't there.

I wore it all day yesterday with no primer and it wore so well! There was minor slipage in the nose area, but I was seriously impressed, especially since it was super hot and I have oily skin and large nose pores that give off a ton of oil.

Today I used some primer and so so far, it is nice. I set with translucent powder with helps me with everything.

In all, I really would recommend this product! I think it is really well made and formulated and performs well. I would pay retail price for it.I also love the cute colors and slim packaging with pump!

EDIT 9/21: I had to end out returning my original bottle and all of my backups. What ended out happening was it began to oxidize and turn super orange, in addition to being a little bit too dark. I was shocked at how orange I looked the other day while I was out! I was so embarrassed. Right back to the store. I had to lower my overall rating from a 5 to 3. I think if you can find one to match your skin well it is maybe still pretty good but man, these run so dark and so orange. I will stick to my other TM and let this one go. I wanted to like it so much :(

I love this tinted moisturizer so much! I bought it at Big Lots for $4.00 (I think it's originally around $12-$15). I've been using this for quite some time now and my skin looks so beautiful. This is the best it has looked since my freshman year in high school (college freshman now). It's glowing, beautiful, and just gorgeous! After I wash my face at night, my skin is super soft. This will be perfect for me during the winter when my skin is extremely dry. I know it seems a little greasy (not as bad as I thought it would be), but anything with sunscreen in it will seem a little greasy. I just set it with mineral powder and I'm good to go! I would recommend this, but if you are incredibly pale, this might be a little darker for you. Overall, I am definitely satisfied with this product! :)

on 8/13/2012 9:38:00 PM

I am so happily surprised at how much I love this TM! I have tried so many TMs from Cover Girl to Amore Pacific & this one surprisingly wins hands down. I have combo skin, oily in the t-zone, around NC35 & have this in natural to tan, which at first I thought would not work, but once you spread it on, it matches my now tan summer skin. It definitely feels too thick when you first put it on, but just give it a few minutes to settle in & it melds & blends into my skin very nicely. For a tm I find it gives great coverage, only thing I use after is concealer for my under eyes & powder to set it. It gives me skin a really nice almost airbrushed look that lasts all day long & best of all is that it does not oxidize! I had terrible oxidation w/Laura Mercier's oil free tm & I didn't like that it only contained chemical sunscreens in it.
This TM offers a physical sunscreen (titanium dioxide) which I need because since I am olive toned, my skin eats up any chemical ss (weird,I know!) so I have to have physical ss, but physical ss usually have a terrible white cast & this does not so I'm super happy with it. I would highly recommend! It makes getting ready for me in the am so much quicker. Also this comes in a pump form, perfect for travel or doing your makeup/face on the run (which I regularly do, being a mom of 3 little ones!).
So some of the pros:
-awesome coverage
-UVA & UVB protection
-does not oxidize
-lasts all day
-great color selection for tanned skin
-can be built up a little

Cons:
-can feel a little thick at first
-lighter skinned gals might not find a shade
-you need to set w/powder

I just wanted to add that I have used several powders to set & it works with all I have tried which are: MUFE hd, Maybelline dream matte, Ben Nye banana powder, and Laura Mercier loose powder.

on 7/7/2012 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this product at Ross for $ 6.99 which i believe is half the price..& i personally dont like it. I have super oily skin. the product feels greasy on me. Packaging wise i think its good and i love the pump. This product i feel like is better for dry skin. Stay AWAY if you have oily skin.

on 7/7/2012 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hands down the best TM I've ever tried with an amazing SPF! It provides such a light and dewy finish. I do not detect much of a scent to this product either. It seems to blur and soften any imperfections so you look like you, but better:) Very natural. I have normal-to-dry skin so it suits me, but I can see that this may be too much for those with oilier complexions. I agree that when I first applied it to the back of my hand, the ivory-fair (lightest shade) looked rather dark. I applied it to my face and it blended beautifully imparting a beautiful glow to my pale complexion. It's a great product for those who travel a lot because you get three products in one: SPF, moisturizer, and color. However, I always apply a separate moisturizer with SPF underneath before applying this TM. I end up using less of this product on my face so the color comes out more sheer. The pump is genius too! Pairing this with the matching pressed powder with SPF gives a lovely matte finish. Yes, I'm SPF obsessed - but I know this has warded off many wrinkles that I otherwise would have accumulated over the years. I hope they PF never discontinues this product! Love it!

on 7/2/2012 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have combo/oily skin and I am very IMPRESSED with this product! I wore this all day in the HEAT and HUMIDITY and this stuff did NOT budge. For a tinted moisturizer, the coverage is excellent. Usually TMs give little to nil coverage - but not this one! I love the high SPF factor AND the fact that it's fragrance-free and oil-free! These claims are hard to come by in a TM.
Be warned though: Give it a chance to settle. When you FIRST apply it, it does feel a little heavy (like sunscreen), but this goes away within a few minutes after the skin absorbs it. So don't apply then go "eeewww!" and wipe it off right away. Give it some time. :)

on 6/27/2012 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a pretty bad product. For a tinted moisturizer, it came out way too greasy. Would NOT buy again, or recommend it!

on 4/16/2012 8:32:00 PM

This stuff makes my face look amazing. I am quite fair, and I use the "fair" color, but it makes me look like I have a sunkissed glow. Really helps even out my skin tone! Plus, there are no parabens in it, so that's nice. BUT, it does have retinol in it, which is bad if you're thinking about becoming pregnant. Otherwise I love it.

Also, I don't think it smells weird. I do sometimes put a powder on top of it because it does feel a little oily, but that's great for my skin in the winter.

on 4/9/2012 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I like the pump on the packaging (you have to admit the packaging is cute.) As a TM, this gave NO COVERAGE. It also looked muddy on my skin. I guess I'll just use it as a sunscreen if I ever go to the beach. Wanted to give this a try but it was not worth the money.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The moisturizer has THE worst chemical smell to it. I thought it may have been a bad bottle but when I purchased it in a second shade, that one smelled the same too. And the smell didn't wear off at all. It was enough to put me off using it.