December 19, 2014 | 1700 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Physicians Formula - Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by loverofmkup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so happily surprised at how much I love this TM! I have tried so many TMs from Cover Girl to Amore Pacific & this one surprisingly wins hands down. I have combo skin, oily in the t-zone, around NC35 & have this in natural to tan, which at first I thought would not work, but once you spread it on, it matches my now tan summer skin. It definitely feels too thick when you first put it on, but just give it a few minutes to settle in & it melds & blends into my skin very nicely. For a tm I find it gives great coverage, only thing I use after is concealer for my under eyes & powder to set it. It gives me skin a really nice almost airbrushed look that lasts all day long & best of all is that it does not oxidize! I had terrible oxidation w/Laura Mercier's oil free tm & I didn't like that it only contained chemical sunscreens in it.
This TM offers a physical sunscreen (titanium dioxide) which I need because since I am olive toned, my skin eats up any chemical ss (weird,I know!) so I have to have physical ss, but physical ss usually have a terrible white cast & this does not so I'm super happy with it. I would highly recommend! It makes getting ready for me in the am so much quicker. Also this comes in a pump form, perfect for travel or doing your makeup/face on the run (which I regularly do, being a mom of 3 little ones!).
So some of the pros:
-awesome coverage
-UVA & UVB protection
-does not oxidize
-lasts all day
-great color selection for tanned skin
-can be built up a little

Cons:
-can feel a little thick at first
-lighter skinned gals might not find a shade
-you need to set w/powder

I just wanted to add that I have used several powders to set & it works with all I have tried which are: MUFE hd, Maybelline dream matte, Ben Nye banana powder, and Laura Mercier loose powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by panghoua

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product at Ross for $ 6.99 which i believe is half the price..& i personally dont like it. I have super oily skin. the product feels greasy on me. Packaging wise i think its good and i love the pump. This product i feel like is better for dry skin. Stay AWAY if you have oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hands down the best TM I've ever tried with an amazing SPF! It provides such a light and dewy finish. I do not detect much of a scent to this product either. It seems to blur and soften any imperfections so you look like you, but better:) Very natural. I have normal-to-dry skin so it suits me, but I can see that this may be too much for those with oilier complexions. I agree that when I first applied it to the back of my hand, the ivory-fair (lightest shade) looked rather dark. I applied it to my face and it blended beautifully imparting a beautiful glow to my pale complexion. It's a great product for those who travel a lot because you get three products in one: SPF, moisturizer, and color. However, I always apply a separate moisturizer with SPF underneath before applying this TM. I end up using less of this product on my face so the color comes out more sheer. The pump is genius too! Pairing this with the matching pressed powder with SPF gives a lovely matte finish. Yes, I'm SPF obsessed - but I know this has warded off many wrinkles that I otherwise would have accumulated over the years. I hope they PF never discontinues this product! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Ashley1958

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combo/oily skin and I am very IMPRESSED with this product! I wore this all day in the HEAT and HUMIDITY and this stuff did NOT budge. For a tinted moisturizer, the coverage is excellent. Usually TMs give little to nil coverage - but not this one! I love the high SPF factor AND the fact that it's fragrance-free and oil-free! These claims are hard to come by in a TM.
Be warned though: Give it a chance to settle. When you FIRST apply it, it does feel a little heavy (like sunscreen), but this goes away within a few minutes after the skin absorbs it. So don't apply then go "eeewww!" and wipe it off right away. Give it some time. :)

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Lauren0011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a pretty bad product. For a tinted moisturizer, it came out way too greasy. Would NOT buy again, or recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by MsViveka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff makes my face look amazing. I am quite fair, and I use the "fair" color, but it makes me look like I have a sunkissed glow. Really helps even out my skin tone! Plus, there are no parabens in it, so that's nice. BUT, it does have retinol in it, which is bad if you're thinking about becoming pregnant. Otherwise I love it.

Also, I don't think it smells weird. I do sometimes put a powder on top of it because it does feel a little oily, but that's great for my skin in the winter.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the pump on the packaging (you have to admit the packaging is cute.) As a TM, this gave NO COVERAGE. It also looked muddy on my skin. I guess I'll just use it as a sunscreen if I ever go to the beach. Wanted to give this a try but it was not worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

The moisturizer has THE worst chemical smell to it. I thought it may have been a bad bottle but when I purchased it in a second shade, that one smelled the same too. And the smell didn't wear off at all. It was enough to put me off using it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by boopipoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like the SPF 50. Not sure if it's just my bottle but it was very runny. I used 2 pumps per use. Very light coverage but no complaints there. It's ok, I've had better tinted moisturizers but the high SPF is nice for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by GoDawgs

I really like this product a lot, except for the shades. I purchased the lightest shade, which is still too dark. You can see this in the picture I uploaded, where my face looks orange compared to my pale chest.

If this came in a lighter shade, it would be a HG product for me. It gives great coverage, I love that it doesn't draw attention to the flakes on my cheeks (from Retin A), and it has SPF 50 and antioxidants, which are perfect for anti-aging.

I have combination skin, with an oily t-zone and dry on my cheeks. Some complain that this makes their skin oily, but I haven't had any problems with this on the very oily parts of my skin. That said, this could become a problem in the heat of summer.

I'm going to finish this bottle, and then see if I can find a tinted moisturizer with all of the positives of this product, but that works better for a very fair skin tone.