October 23, 2014 | 909 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Mellifluence

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Batiste is my HG dry shampoo brand, but like pretty much every hair/beauty product in New Zealand, it's twice as much as the same product in the States. Since I go through dry shampoo pretty quickly, $20 a pop definitely racks up, and so I couldn't believe my luck when I saw the Tresemme option the supermarket at less than half the price.

In hindsight, I should have just stuck with the tried and true. This was possibly one of the worst buys I've ever made in my life.

This dry shampoo definitely did not remove oils, freshen hair, or give volume. In fact, it did nothing but make my hair look even more dirty and unwashed, and even when I only misted on the tiniest bit, it still glunked in my hair like I overdosed on hairspray. Worse of all, I couldn't even brush it out like my normal dry shampoo, so I ended up having to wash my hair anyway - totally defeating the purpose getting this producti n the first place!

The first time this happened I just chalked it up to user failure, so I gave it a couple more tries in the following weeks, thinking that if I used the right technique, it would work.

Suffice to say, it didn't, and I've been using it as an emergency hairspray ever since.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by edithhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hey guys! Wow there are a lot of bad reviews here! I got the dry shampoo for strengthening..and I spray this on 3rd day hair only on the roots then I comb my hair and it honestly does a great job! I'm not sure why it worked on me and not all of you guys! Boo :(
I have very fine, colored, DAMAGED hair. DAMAGED so bad. Lol But this product worked great for me..it soaks up all the nasty stuff and my hair smells and feels washed again..Sorry it didn't work for you guys :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by KittyMeow123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product for volumizing freshly washed and dried hair. After applying under hair sections from root to 5 inches down shaft I backcomb each section 3 times, the last one with a locking down and out motion.

My fine hair looks fabulous all day. It has body and shine. I finally have thick looking hair.

There is no bad smell or white residue. It was a little sticky until I learned how much my hair needed.

After applying the produc I brush my hair then use a thick barrelled curling iron to smooth out the ends.

My hair is great now. I can't live without this stuff but am auditioning substitutes because if this is great there might be a better dry shampoo that will five me even greater volume. In the meantime.. I can't live without this product.

Update... All the other dry shampoos I have tried have not come close to the volume I get with Tresemme.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by andreaxvii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never hated a dry shampoo more in my life. The smell of this was SOOOOO gross! I can't get over it. The smell stays in your hair. It was so powdery too. There would be a cloud of white in the air (and in my hair!) whenever I used it. Awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by daha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this on a whim after running out of Batiste Dry Shampoo. This didn't do anything to my hair except perhaps make it look oilier. The fragrance is unpleasant and lingered so I had to go wash my hair since I couldn't stand it. Will not be buying this again...yuck.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by katefshr94

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product really disappointed me. It says after you spray the roots of your hair (holding from a distance), to wait a min or 2 and brush your hair or whatever. It leaves a white residue even after I brush it through and I still find my hair to look/feel oily after using. The smell isn't very flattering and I do not recommend buying this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by alexkaay

This dry shampoo is the worst I have ever used. I used it twice and then it broke and I couldn't fix it. The two times I did use it, it left so much white powder on my scalp and didn't work at all. The smell is whatever, not the best, but not overpowering. I typically don't like Tresemme products anyway, so I wasn't really surprised.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Lara15dt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The dry stuff stayed in my hair it was hard to wash out and coated my hair felt really weird if your hair was super oily it may work but that's what a shower is for! Anyways it wasn't to bad I don't guess it did smell good but I wouldn't buy it

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by crystallw

Since I only wash my hair every other day, I decided to buy a dry shampoo for the days I don't. The first thing I noticed when I used it is that it has a pretty good scent, but it gets a little annoying after a while. I follow the instructions on the back carefully and if sprayed lightly from far away I find that there is less of a white film visible. I find that this dry shampoo masks the look of oily hair which i like, but it doesn't actually absorb all of the oil and it makes my hair feel kind of weird. There are probably better dry shampoos out there, but for now this one does the job for now.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually used a bottle of this and I'm still on my second bottle only because the spray is clogged and won't get unclogged. I even followed to submerge it water to loosen the material from the nozzle. It won't work. After I take the nozzle off and spray it, it's really tough and hurts my finger. Moving on, this is horrible. The first bottle worked great for me so I got another one. But the second time around didn't work out for me. I have really really greasy hair and its also thin too. After spaying this in my hair, later on in the day my hair was weighed down and even more oily than before. It was also powdery and too white. I'm on the search for a new dry shampoo.