L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

3.4

cyclohexasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, acrylates copolymer, disodium stearoyl glutamate, aluminum hydroxide { /- may contain CI 77891/ titanium dioxide/ CI 77491/ iron oxides} FIL D30587/2

on 5/13/2014 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love, Love this primer, I have oily skin, big pores and this covers everything like a dream,
im not a grease pit in a few hours....makes my skin look flawless, makeup stay's on all day
the only think i dont like is that its in a jar, I have tried ALL the high end primers and nothing at all compares to this one, I dont with all the highend ones that cost a fortune.....

on 5/11/2014 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I loved this when I first began to use it. It softened my large pores so well that I thought it was truly "magic". Then I realized my liquid foundation was balling up. So I tried a new foundation (because it certainly couldn't be caused by my new found best friend!). No success. So I changed my moisturizer. Which was a blessing in disguise because I liked the new one more. But it didn't solve the problem. Weeks later I finally relented and used my old hg primer. I wanted it to ball up like before but alas, my face was smooth.
End of story: it's amazing but not amazing at the same time. I wish I could use it without foundation but it makes my skin look chalky and ghost-like.

on 5/7/2014 10:09:00 AM

**5/14/2014 EDIT!!!

after messing with this primer trying to find better use for it, it works as a great under eye base/primer. I use a concealer stick for under my eyes and its usually pretty rough to blend, but it blended PERFECTLY when i used this under it(blended with Beauty Blender). It was "magic"! however i will still not repurchase just to use for this. Just happy i found it useable. changed from 2 lippies to 3 (*_*)

I wanted to love this primer because i am a huge L'Oreal fan. But like others said, its super gummy and i did NOT like how my BB cream sat on my face over the primer. I also HATE the little jar. I tried this for 2 weeks, but just cant love it. I'll use it for eye primer when needed (although, its still not the best for this either)

This product is not good at all, does not feel like a primer and its so hard to put it on your face. Also this product is not acne friendly and makes my foundation look so dry. Def not worth the money and def very pricey for a drugstore primer brand $13.00.

on 4/18/2014 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't know. I really like this primer. I have really pale skin and it has a pinkish white tint to it so if I had darker skin I might be bummed out about that. My skin is really oily and pores are really large and scarred so this is by far the best primer I have found to cover that up. The only thing that I don't like is that my skin is so oily that it doesn't look good anymore after a couple hours of wearing, but I don't think that is the primers fault. It is similar to Revlon's photoready primer but with a more mousse like texture. I kind of like the jar. Sometimes think things like primers don't come out of tubes very well but I think it would be better if it was plastic because the jar is so heavy. But I liked it so much I bought a few. One for my purse, car and bathroom. It is a little pricey for the small amount but I think it's worth it.

on 4/1/2014 4:40:00 PM

This pinkish rubbery stuff continues to take up space in my makeup basket. Why don't I use it?

1. It's a bit annoying to get product out of the unhygienic jar. When I do, I just apply tiny amounts a bit at a time using my ring finger to pat and fill on my forehead and outer eye area where I have some faint lines.

2. I can really only use it in those two areas. It mostly just works as a mattifyer on my forehead and diffuses my outer eye lines. I don't see it doing much anywhere else. It doesn't fill deep lines and doesn't hydrate, doesn't improve the tone or texture of the rest of my face to the point that I'm willing to ignore...

3. the breakouts. If I use this more than a day or two in a row, I'll get a cystic zit on my cheek, nose, chin, etc. That's why I can only use it on my forehead and outer eye area. Any place else breaks me out and/or causes millia. Has even caused millia on my forehead, so that's not even safe.

So, the only place I really see any benefit is my outer eye area, where I suppose I have no oily pores or it's super dry. To be fair, some other primers break me out as well, but, guess what? I don't use those products either. So, maybe some day I'll finally use this stuff up, but until then it just sits there...

on 3/15/2014 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this a while ago which was the first time I had ever tried a primer. The consistency is so freaking thick that it does not melt into my skin at all. I tried wearing this once without foundation just to see how it was and I had a ghostly white cast with pink undertones all over my face and it left foundation lines which is confusing because this is a face primer. It also balled up horribly on my skin which is only helped by mixing it with moisturizer or water but this is a primer not even foundation so doing extra steps to get this to work defeats the whole purpose. For the high price you pay and the tub of crap you get I will not be repurchasing at all. Now that I know better I will be sticking with my go to drugstore primer, Neutrogena's Shine Control with Rice Protein Complex. The high price on a drugstore level is worth it because it's not as expensive as other brands at Sephora while still giving me an amazing oil-free canvas for my makeup to sit upon.

This is the first ever face primer I've ever bought. I absolutely love this primer. It's very thick and fills in my pores very well. It also makes my foundation last long. I just wish they would change the packaging into a pump or tube for hygienic reasons but other than the product itself is awesome.

on 2/26/2014 11:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

i bought this because there is really good review on it, but i'm kind of disappointed. The product can't really blend on my skin and feels really heavy even before I put on my foundation. Also it doesn't seems to be smoothing my skin as a primer/base suppose to do. And it will be much more sanitize if it comes in bottle with a pump than in a jar.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This product has been around for quite awhile, but I'm not sure why.
When I picked this up about a month ago, I really had high hopes. Unfortunately, it falls far short of my expectations. I gave this product two lippies because of the packaging. It comes wrapped in a little black box and a nice glass jar with a black lid. Sitting on the counter in my bathroom, it almost looks high end.

At least, until I opened the jar....
I've tried several different ways of applying this, and I haven't really found a good one. The best one I've found so far is a foundation brush, but I've found that the primer is streaky and the texture is really gummy. I've had the same problem when applying it with my fingers. It seemed that no matter how much I tried to blend it into my skin, it was just a gummy, gluey mess. Plus, it was really hard to wash off of my hands. When I applied my foundation over it, the foundation became streaky as well and was nearly impossible to smooth out.
In desperation, I even tried applying this with my beauty blender and ended up having to wash it several times just to get all of the gunk off of it. For $13, I'm sure there are far better primers available. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the Pur Minerals primer I also have in my stash, which applies smoothly and beautifully. I intend to use this up but I will definitely not repurchase. This is definitely a miss for me.

Popular Primer/ Correctors