L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

3.4

cyclohexasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, acrylates copolymer, disodium stearoyl glutamate, aluminum hydroxide { /- may contain CI 77891/ titanium dioxide/ CI 77491/ iron oxides} FIL D30587/2

on 11/7/2014 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Off the bat, the best primer I've ever owned! Too Face primer comes close in 2nd place. i love the Too Faced silky finish but it's not long lasting. This LÓreal Magic Perfecting base on the other hand, gives a matte finish (not totally flat) but is long-lasting and covers 90% of my pores.

I had a couple of tries at the drugstore before finally convincing I need to buy it. At 1st application it comes off as thick and gunky and I had difficulty applying foundation without leaving streaks all over my face. Then i read the instructions, to rub between the fingers. So i did for a few seconds and it goes on beautifully on my face and covers almost all my crater-like pores! So ladies.. THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT STEP. It needs some warmth from your fingers so it'll thinned out a bit and you can spread easily on your face.

Of course no products are perfect. Here's some problems I encountered:

- it takes quite sometime to set... 5 mins for me in front of a blasting fan. And 5 mins is a lot of time to waste when u wanna rush out to work in the morning.
- u need to experiment on how much to use.Just enuf to cover the pores. Coz too much leaves a white cast (i'm olive skinned by the way)
- As this is heavily siliconed, i have difficulty applying highly water-based foundations on top (those dewy kind).
- Wish it contained more for that price.

on 10/26/2014 11:51:00 PM

Before I used this primer I looked on here and was so skepticle about using it due to the many negative comments but I've got to say I'm in love with it! I use a pea size amount and rub it between my fingers before putting it on my face and it glides out like a charm and fills my pores perfectly! I can definitely tell the difference when I wear it and when I dont! I've had no issues with it, definitely no pimples like some people have mentioned! I really love this primer and will definitely purchase it again!

on 10/17/2014 9:44:00 PM

'' excuse my bad english i'm french * The packaging is cute , the primer does what it says ; Minimize the size of pores , leaving a matte finish . I putted it under my foundation , after 3 hours my makeup slipped off out of my face .. and I do not have have oily skin . That was horrible I had to remove it at school ! It never happened to me before . I applied less , I used this for about 4 days and it totaly broke me out ! It's the first time it happens to me and I'm sad because it was pricy and I had high hopes for this primer .. :(

on 9/28/2014 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this primer but only under certain foundations. When I use it under my nearly naked liquid foundation or any powder foundation, it works wonders! My face looks airbrused. I tried it under my MAC Studio Fix liquid foundation and my foundation looks very cakey. I have oily skin and it doesn't control oil but according to the description, it's not supposed to control oil. And it's too thick to wear alone on my dark skin. Would I purchase it again? Probably not.

on 9/25/2014 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product was very average! Firstly, it does apply nicely and smoothly to the face. However I didn’t notice a significant change in the preservation of my makeup with this product; that is the main reason I will not buy it again. Also, it comes in a very small quantity and I went through it quite quickly. I would recommend searching for a better face primer!

on 9/17/2014 1:01:00 PM

I have tried to primer 3 times now. I wonder if I am applying too much. But so far I am not impressed. It is thick and doesn't work well under my foundation.
It conceals the lines and pores. But when I apply my foundation (expensive Lancôme foundation), it leaves a thick appearance on my skin. When I apply the pressed powder on top, it makes me look like a clown with a thick, smearing appearance.
I will try less tomorrow, but I wouldn't buy it again.
I would look for a primer which is smooth and glossy like ones I have tried in the past.

on 9/16/2014 8:09:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love this base! I use it as a primer under my foundation and by itself. It does what it says: reduces size of pores, erases fine lines and wrinkles, etc. The product has a soft, plush, creamy, pillowy texture that smoothly glides onto the skin. A little goes a long way! I only need a small, light dab of my finger tip into the jar to get the right amount. It dries with a smooth, soft, matte texture that is easy to apply foundation over. It keeps my liquid foundation lasting all day. It makes me feel better about my large pores because it shrinks them to almost nothing! I don't have many wrinkles. The only ones I have are very thin wrinkles on my forehead, but those seem to vanish along with my pores. It doesn't make my dry patches stand out; it actually makes them less noticeable. I love this stuff. It really is magic!
Pictures of before and after:
Full Size Image

on 9/5/2014 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

My HG primer!! This really smoothes my skin out and covers pores beautifully and evens my skin tone. Makes make up application easy. I've tried high end primers like Laura Mercier and that didn't do anything for me. This is more affordable. I always get it with a coupon at CVS. Cvs also has a knock off version of this stuff but I haven't tried it yet.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

First off this is a really great primer. It does a great job at filling and blurring out my fine lines, wrinkles, and pores. What I do is get a pea-sized amount of product and sort of rub it (melt the product a little bit) with my pointer finger, then press it into my pores, fine lines, and wrinkles then smooth it out all over my face. I let it set for 30 sec and then apply my foundation. It really does help keep my foundation on longer, as well as blurring out my imperfections. I would definitely repurchase this item as I like it more then my Benefit Porefessional, Lancome La Base, or Dr. Brandt Pores No More. I haven't had any breakouts or crazy reactions to this product as well which is a plus.

The only downside is the packaging and the price tag. It is also a little thicker than most primers to the point where you may need a little more extra time to work the product in. But overall a must have for my makeup bag.

on 9/1/2014 9:53:00 AM

The good thing about this product is that it does work instantly to smooth lines and hide pores... But it broke me out! I used it only in my t-zone and after a few straight days of use, I broke out in clusters of tiny pimples around my nose and on my forehead.

Popular Primer/ Correctors