September 1, 2014 | 2044 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by Taystius

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this stuff!! Makes my skin so velvety... helps my foundation apply so evenly and smooth!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by maxxria

To be completely honest I was so disappointed with this product! I had never had ever used a primer so I thought hey why not try this one since I heard "good reviews" about it. I bought it at target almost $11 the packaging sucks but you can use the back of eyebrow tweezers to grab some of this product! Anywho the texture Is weird somewhat velvety! When I applied it, I felt like it did nothing at all didn't cover my "pores" but it did make my skin soft as for the making your foundation stay it didn't do anything instead I just have me dry patches and my foundation didn't even last that long it made it worst maybe it was the way I was applying it but Idk this is not for me and too top it off it broke me out like crazy so no thank you

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 8:42:00 AM More reviews by RomanXI

This is my favorite primer ever, it is quite thick and dry which is perfect for covering pores, your skin texture and mattifying skin.
I put this on my cheeks and it did completely vanish all my pores, it also has a very blurring effect. If you have acne scars expect this to fill them partially and re-create your skin texture it really is phenomenal.
The pot is a little annoying because you cant dip a brush in, you have to scoop the product out with your fingers.
I recommend this for all skin types, especially oily skins since its very mattifying - your make will stay on this, its a perfect "glue" for your foundation, it soaks it up in the most gorgeous way leaving your skin looking so smooth and airbrushed, i have 2 but I want to buy more because i never want to be out of this!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by ariestar8

It made my skin feel silky smooth but the container isn't sanitary enough.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is actually pretty good.

First let me tell you this: A Brit wrote a review on something else saying "as the American's say, this didn't break me out." LOL. I didn't know that was an American thing over here, but as far as this primer goes, it broke me out when I wore it all over x2-3 days.

However, I did notice at the end of the day my undereye concealer was smoother than usual - and that's been a struggle lately - maybe with the cold weather making dry under eyes more dry. So I use it daily to lay down the concealer.

How long does it last? I'm a 12hr 'runner', (you know the job) where the workload is heavy and the breaks are far and few and I can't waste a moment pampering my makeup. The concealer stays smoother the full shift, much smoother than without this primer. I notice my under eye m/u is only slightly ruffed when I get home.

I read some of the negatives. Try this: patting the primer on with fingers under the eye. Don't fool around with the product a long time; pat it on and let it set while you do the eyebrows or put on your earrings and socks. Now I use a brush to *pat* the concealer in, not rub it around. Set with light powder dusting. You know the drill: brush in powder, then tap off excess, and use what's left? Yeah, that much powder to set concealer over this primer.

Try this: Use a clean q-tip to take the product from the jar each time. No double dipping, and I feel good about the product staying clean.

Try this at the drug store with a BOGO deal and try it. If no go, take it back but women of a certain age should at least try this.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by illbebe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's does a good job filling in my large pores and seems to help my makeup look nicely done. I would buy it again. The price is right and it lasts a long time. I have very oily skin, it's applies smoothe yet matte which helps the foundation look better for my skin type. I would recommend this to a friend.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AM I USING THIS WRONG!! MAYBE BECAUSE IM OILY BUTT NOPE NOT FOR ME. IT DIDNT HOLD NOTHING NO MAKEUP NO EYESHADOW.. UGHH. IM GIVING THIS AWAY!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Lisafrank

Out of all the drugstore primers I've tested this is the best one by far. The texture is interesting and when I put it on it really does "blur" out imperfections. Very nice. the big con is the packaging. The jar is pretty and all but my nails ends up scooping up some of the product and it gets annoying

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So far I've used this for two weeks and not had a lot of trouble with it. The packaging is kind of difficult to deal with. I'd rather not deal with the pot-style product for primer. However, I really like the smoothness of this product. A little goes a very long way. So far so good. I'd love to try a more expensive product for foundation priming, but for now it is working okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by ChelseaRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me just start out by saying that I love this stuff. As someone with oily skin, this is a must for me. This really, really helps keep my makeup on for as long as possible, and creates such a beautiful, smooth base for my foundation to go on very nicely. Also helps prevent creasing on my eyelids, which no primer I've previously used could do. It's a bit expensive, but a little goes a long way, and I love it. Recommended!