November 26, 2014 | 1791 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by xtasteofimpact

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this consistently for a year with good results, then my skin started getting really shiny after using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by merenguehips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After trying Pur, Bare, and Ulta's mineral powder foundations, this is the winner. Bareminerals (for me) was dead last, being impossible to find a color that didn't look too yellow or too light for my skin tone, and it caused horrible break-outs. Ulta is second, being a much more reasonable price, matching my skin tone, but again, causing horrible break-outs. So far, Purminerals is the only one that has managed to flawlessly match my skin tone, provide the buildable coverage I wanted, lasts decently (with primer, about 10-14 hours, without, 8-10), and did not cause horrific, painful acne. Although I dislike paying +$20 for a foundation every 6 weeks or so, this is obviously worth it, as it's the only one to meet the above requirements, and I never feel like it's cake-looking, overdone, or unnatural on me. It just looks like my skin, but better. (Note: I have super-sensitive skin that breaks out with any product containing SPF, retinols, SLS, etc.)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by shmeghan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have combination, acne-prone skin. Finding a foundation that both covers my scarring/acne and works well with my combination skin can be difficult, but I am pleased with Pur Minerals Powder Foundation.

I use porcelain (I believe that's what it is called...the most pale) and it matches my skin tone perfectly and makes my skin look like porcelain. It is quite difficult for me to find a perfect match, and this foundation has it!

I can not give it a 5, as it does not cover up acne well, but it evens out my skin tone so that my acne is toned down, but not invisible. Unlike a lot of people, I am realistic about the fact that 100% is not possible, so this product is great.

I suggest everyone try it out once. I prefer powder foundation, personally. Pur Minerals works well for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by FairytaleEndings

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I watched a tutorial with the starter kit from this brand and was really excited to try it. When I received it I liked some of the products, but one of the products I didn't like was the foundation. I suppose that maybe I was expecting a bit more coverage since it's advertised to replace the need for concealer but it's very sheer coverage. Applied with the chisel brush in the kit, it looked horridly cakey yet covered absolutely nothing. When applied with my ELF complexion brush it looked like there was absolutely nothing on my skin - and not in a good way. Nothing at all was covered. I don't have horrible skin, but there are a few blemishes and things I'd like to at least diminish the appearance of and this did not do that at all. It also did not control my oily skin at all throughout the day - I got shiny very quickly.

Also I found the compact itself hard to open. Not sure if the latch is very tight or whatever but I always struggle to open it.

I hated this product. I would not recommend it unless you had absolutely perfect, normal skin. But in that case, you probably wouldn't need face makeup anyway!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by DixieJane

Wow, I absolutely loveee this product! I've used Mary Kay Mineral Foundation for years, but it just gave little to no coverage and it didn't stay on my face more than a couple hours. So I did my research and Pur Minerals sounded promising. It so is!! Great coverage without looking "fake" or made up. And even though this foundation gives great coverage without a ton of layers, it doesn't feel heavy on my face at all. I do have breakouts sometimes, so I use Bare Minerals Bisque Concealer with the Pur Minerals- perfect coverage and face!

UPDATE: Turns out, despite me really wanting this to be MY perfect foundation...it made my face breakout reallllllyyyy bad. Big big bumps and lots of little ones too. I'm kinda afraid this product may have brought on cystic acne for me(if that's possible). So after waiting for what was probably too long- I had to stop using this foundation. Since then my face has kinda calmed down- even though I feel like I'm still having some lasting negative effects from the makeup. The great things I said about the make up above are still true- but the major con outweighs all the pros.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by abbeygail

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love me some Pur Minerals!! :) I wear Golden Medium and it is my perfect color!! In the packaging I was like this is YELLOW not golden but when i put it on I was like HALLELUJAH!! It really is great!! I personally don't have breakouts often (thanks mom!!) but when I do you can't tell!! I started off with the original kit that came with the blush and it was great but they took it out :( !! But I still have some left from a year and a half ago and I wore it everyday!! So what I do in the morning is moisturize and let it soak in for a little while then I use the Pur Minerals chisel brush and buff the powder in!! For dark circles and stuff I use a smaller brush and rub it on! then I put on some blush so I look alive! Then mascara and a little bit of eyeliner!! It lasts pretty much all day depending on your skin type!! For me I touch up on my nose because it can get oily in this southern heat!! I also think my makeup stay on longer because I use a moisturizer but I don't know! If you really want it to stay all day use a primer! I stopped using one because my skin was like BACK UP to the heavy silicones and it broke me out so yahhh! But hey it might work for you! Anyways it looks really natural!! I recently stopped using liquid foundation because it was heavy and who wants to FEEL their makeup on their face, no ew gross!! So I went back to this bad boy and I'm really glad I did my skin just feeling SOOO much better!! I hope this helped!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2012 5:34:00 AM More reviews by obstinateideas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ETA (August 24th): Yesterday was past day 3 of my second attempt, and my face is one big rash again. =( So sad, I really did want this foundation/powder/concealer to be IT. But no. Rash like whoa. Colour and cover were awesome, so if you don't have sensitive skin, go for it. If you do have sensitive skin, though: avoid like the plague. I mean, yeah, I can go two days without horrors, but two days on a grander scale? That's nothing. So sad. =(

ETA (August 21st): I've started using this again, on day two now, and so far, it doesn't seem like this is what caused my issues. I didn't notice anything until after day 3 last time, though, so I'm still kind of holding my breath. ;)

I bought this the other week and for the first few days of using it, I was in love! The shade exactly matched my skin and the cover was great.
But then, after three days, I noticed that my skin was extremely irritated and I had a rash around my mouth, eyes, and nose. Right now, I'm thinking this powder is the culprit, though it might also have been these makeup remover napkins I used recently. I'm hoping they are to blame and will update this review once I've used the process of elimination to figure out what caused my issues.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Yskots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Let me just say that I usually don't write reviews for anything as I am extremely critical and skeptical of everything, but I cannot keep quiet about this, anyways, I have extremely oily, acne prone skin, and huge pores/acne scars. I have been battling a severe acne outbreak lately, and nothing has been helping (not the expensive antibiotics or prescription acne creams), all the expensive foundations and powders I was using were only making me break out more (plus made my face look really greasy and tired, with huge pores and acne scars sticking out).
I'm only 24 but people said I look like I'm in my thirties (which is really depressing to hear).
Anyways I stumbled upon the purminerals compact foundation. I ended up buying the whole kit - powder/bronzer/blush/brush - everything cost me 28 dollars - they had a discount going on.
Anyways, as soon as I put it on which only took about a minute - I used the brush to put on the powder plus dabbed some blush on my cheecks, and my face was completely transformed. I couldn't believe how smooth and natural my face looked, how even the coverage was, my pores and acne scars looked almost non existant. Also after just a couple of days of using this, my acne started healing up and no new breakouts!!!! It is worth every penny!!! I will definetely buy it again.
The only down side is my face is still extremely oily so I have to dab some blotting sheets on my face every few hours. But this powder lasts about eight hours before I have to touch it up, instead of my foundation which cost twice as much and melted off my face in about two hours.
An added bonus is now I look like I'm 20 and I keep getting compliments on how good and sexy I look.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by nicebrite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like to just use concealer and then throw a little powder on with a kabuki brush so that my skin looks very flush and natural. This does the trick, but after a few hours I feel like I need a touch up to cover the shine again. The applicator pad that comes in the compact is useless, so if I don't have a brush around I just have to walk around with oily skin. ): Overall I'd say it's a successful product, I just wish it had either more staying power or a better brush with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by ctaylor0789

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was a devoted BE user for 5 years, but switched to MAC Studio Fluid Fix (NC 37) when I realized BE didn't match my skintone or cover the way it had in the past. While I love my MAC SFF, I hate how heavy it is on my face. After extensive research for a great mineral makeup, I discovered Pur Minerals. I ordered the Start Now kit (the new Pur formula) from Ulta, in light tan. I wanted to have the brush to apply the makeup, but I also noticed a lot of people complaining about the chisel brush shedding and being scratchy. So as a back up, I bought ELF's flat top brush. I prepared my face by scrubbing off the dry flakes, putting on my Olay Regenerist serum (eyes and face), and my Cetaphil lotion. I applied my Glamoflauge concealer under my eyes and waited 10 min. for my moisturizer to soak in. Once I started applying the makeup with the chisel brush, I was so happy that I had spent the $3 on the ELF flat top one. The chisel brush was awful. The ELF one did a great job with layering on the Pur Minerals. After I'd applied 2-3 layers, I used my BE maximum concealer brush to use the Pur to conceal some reddness I have. I don't use the Pur under my eyes because I think it would be too drying, plus I have really dark circles and need full coverage there. Overall, the light tan is a perfect match for my NC 37 skin and I love the coverage that doesn't feel heavy, at all, on my skin. I did have to use a dab of my Glamoflauge on an eruption I had on my chin. I just put the Pur over it, and was good to go. I would definitely recommend the Pur Minerals foundation if you are in the market for a great mineral makeup with buildable coverage. I only gave this a 4 because of the horrendous chisel brush.

**UPDATE** (8-23-12)
I am adding the fifth lippie, because I decided to give the chisel brush a second chance. After washing the brush and letting it dry, I used it and like it A LOT better than I did initially. It does give more coverage than the ELF brush, but the ELF brush is still softer.