April 17, 2014 | 1500 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Greed [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 2:33:00 AM More reviews by marwaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was very underwhelming for me. The colours are nice, but some were chalky & 1 or 2 didn't show up very well

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by ckey001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another must have palette... The Black is great for a smokey eye...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I have worn wnw for many years, when people say the shadows have improved in quality, I think they may have but more so, are now bringing items people pay higher end for, to the ds, that are also good quality items. Even 20-21 years ago, wnw, had really great, matte e/s. In fact they were the first ds brand to carry a matte black, which I hit pan on several times (I used to set my liner with it to last all day). But mattes were not always appreciated as they are rightfully so now. The black then came in a duo and the other color was a turquoise blue. I had been a professional mua and knew what to do with a matte black etc, but my girlfriends did not until I showed them, and in general, the public mainly used the lipsticks, glosses, liners both lip and eye, from this brand.

WnW is now responding to the public wanting palettes for ex, and a mix of mattes with some shimmers, and doing a good job of making the color combos more lay-person friendly.

I've been on a peach kick lately, and though this was not the palette I was looking for, in person I liked these shades the best. I thought the lavender shimmer shade was a pure silvery gray, and am glad to see in the light at home it is more lavender, and unlike silver, has a warm undertone or gold shimmer. That alone is quite a unique combination in one shade and I'd probably buy the palette just for that but luckily there is more I like. I The peach matte looks like it would go on more coral-ly with a pink undertone but looks warm on me. The peach light shade is lighter than it appears in the pan, also a gold shimmer in it, and warmer than it looks as well.

The matte black is just a good workhorse color if you like to wear black pencil liner. Always top a cream liner with a powder like that for staying power and/or to smudge and get a smokier effect. As I said, WnW have been making matte blacks for ages so they've got this one right. The black/charcoal shimmer looks more shimmery than it is and to my eye has both silver and gold shimmer. For me this would be best as an accent color, a little smudged into liner at night where the sparkle would be best suited and appreciated. The brulee or lightest shade I already have in a single and like a lot. It looks just like that one, if not slightly deeper. Its a matte, creamy, beige, another workhorse, used to highlight, or even mixed with other e/s to tone them down and blend.

I like the creaminess of the powder though the lavender one is somewhat dustier than the others. I think this will get a lot more use in spring and summer when I like to wear peachier blushes and glosses too. Has anyone else thought the matte peach would be so lovely as a blush, with the peach highlight as a cheekbone highlighter? I have to try that lol;)

Oh and I had a dollar off coupon on this (found at Pathmark groceries) so this cost me all of $4.00

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by nikkohli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like this palette for a casual night out--it is a nice "light" dramatic look. I don't usually wear the darker peach matte because that is too chalky on me but the silvery purple (applied wet for more pigment) on the lids, with the matte black applied lightly in the outer V and then the light peach shimmer as a highlight looks really pretty. The matte black is SUPER pigmented so go easy. The purplish shade is quite sheer, so you can work with a little more.

I don't know if I would buy this again. I really like the color of the purple/silver in the pan but the color payoff just isn't there. I already have a ton of blacks and light neutrals in other palettes so it wouldn't be worth buying just for those but it is a good bargain if you don't have any of those colors handy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am glad I didn't let this palette be the benchmark for the newly updated Wet 'n' Wild line. This palette is nice, but not nearly as nice as the LE holiday palettes were. If you like a warm smoky eye, then this is a nice palette for you. I like the lavender shade a lot, and the shimmery peach is nice, but the rest fails to impress me as much as other newer WnW products have.

Update: my lippie rating still stands, but I have been giving this palette another chance and it has warmed on me a bit. The mattes are nice, but the black is really chalky and doesn't apply well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Although this is not the best of the WnW palettes, its probably my most used. I love the mattes the best and I use the Brulee and apricot shade all the time. I also love the two blacks (both matte and shimmery). These four shadows equal a "4" rating to me. The other two shimmery shades are not nearly as pigmented and the second shimmery one is getting a weird coating on it I have to scrape off occasionally. The top shimmery one is great over a darker blue but fades quickly by itself. Overall, I found it difficult to find a perfect apricot shade in the d/s and this does it for me. I would say, totally worth it for that, the two blacks and the matte Brulee.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by starlesssky386

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I picked this up yesterday. I was looking for a different Wet n Wild eyeshadow, but they were out.. So I decided to try this since these palettes have gotten great reviews. I really like this.. The matte black is amazing!! That shadow alone is worth the price of this palette.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by VallyKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Out of the 4, this one is my least favorite, but it's still rather nice. The two shimmery shades (the denim, and peach) do not show up very well on their own, and it was a HUGE disappointment because they were what I was most excited about :( I am also sad to say that on my particular skin tone (light, yellow undertone), the two matte peachy shades don't show up as well as I would like. The two black shadows are great though :) All in all, this palette is ok. I probably wouldn't re-purchase, but I will definitely use it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

There was a time when I would never give this brand the time of day. Wow has the quality improved! Greed is my favorite palette of eyeshadows. I love and wear every color!! It IS richly pigmented and blends easily! I always use a primer because there still is a small part of me that demands insurance, so this stuff last on my eyes! The old WnW was not very reliable to last even 5 minutes on me. I will happily buy more eyeshadows in the future from this line. I hope they come out with more neutral to smokey grays or teal colors. I'm not really into purple or green colors. Although I love the light shimmery lavender in this quad. And I love the dark gray in this Greed palette.... I absolutely adore this!! This palette would flatter any skintone! I did not care much for the other palettes in the line, but this one I had to have!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by PenelopePitstopKYD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm just getting into WnW eye shadows and find myself reaching for this palette the most. It is a neutral collection of mattes and shimmer shades that can go from night to day - work or play. These are very pigmented so use a light hand when applying and build the color up. Goes well with nude lip (i.e. NYX Smokey Look lip gloss)...