Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Single - Kitten 257A

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/20/2011 6:04:00 PM

I really like this shadow...I'm a purple addict! I will say that you have to work a little harder to get the same color as in the pan compared to the other single shadows, but I still love it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

With a primer, this shadow will appear as it does in the pan. Gorgeous lilac with beautiful golden shimmer! If you use it with no primer though, it barely shows any color. Just some subtle golden shimmer, which actually isn't bad, just not the color of the pan. I'd recommend this color.

on 1/28/2011 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The payoff on this is pretty terrible on its own, and just ok over UDPP, but I found that Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy made it really vibrant. If you have a tube, give it a try before you throw out this otherwise meh color.

on 1/24/2011 2:34:00 PM

I can see why a lot of people would give this a low rating. On me, however, with the help of UD Primer Potion, this is a pretty shimmery lilac that really works with my brown eyes and olive skin.

This shadow is almost identical to Nars Strada, the color of which I looooooooooove in the pan, but in reality not so much. I could never get it to actually.show.up. on my lids. THOUGH I have had it for about 5 years, way before I discovered UDPP, so I plan on giving it another chance soon.

This shadow is easier to apply than the Nars. There is a bit of fallout. Stays all day w/ primer. Not bad at all for the buck I paid for it.

PS- the WnW Color Icon shade "Penny" is pretty much a dupe for UD "Jones." Just a heads up ladies :D

on 12/21/2010 2:44:00 PM

Kitten is a lavender medium purple full of golden sparkles. The formula is somewhat dry and dusty, not creamy, so for good color payoff, you'd probably want to use a somewhat moist shadow base, or you'll have to layer this shade a lot.

However, I can get Kitten to show up on my lids, and it's a very cute color that's different from usual matte or shimmery purple tones.

The packaging is a compact, no-fuss square that snaps shut, and you can see the shade through the lid, which is convenient. For the price, I'm happy with this shadow and think it's a fun shade.

on 12/19/2010 11:02:00 PM

I love the color, but this only works for me if I use NYX crayon in Milk underneath. Without it, I get almost no color payoff, but with Milk underneath, the color is a lovely lavender with a soft gold shimmer.

on 12/10/2010 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Kitten was a let-down because all of the other Color Icon shadows are so good. This is a bland, glittery mess with an undesirable gritty texture that hardly shows up on my super pale skin. I swatched this on my hand, ran my finger over it, and it looked like nothing was ever there to begin with.

on 11/29/2010 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Wet n wild has great quality eyeshadows for a nice price. They have really improved over the years. I saw this beautiful lilac color and I just had to have it, as lilac looks wonderful on dark eyes. I put it on and I was disappointed, the color pay off is crap. It also looks 'ashy'. Wet n wild usually has nice pigmented color eyeshadow, but this one was a a miss.

on 11/18/2010 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Wow, it's amazing that the quality of this eyeshadow is SO BAD when you compare it to the other new shadows from Wet n Wild! The color is so pretty in the pan, but it just doesn't translate well when applied to the lid. When I first bought it, I swatched it with my finger and applied it to the back of my hand....all I got was a faint purple smear with some gold microglitter, and when I rubbed my finger back over it, 90% of that pathetic swatch disappeared!! Applying it to my lids didn't go any better. With a brush, even with a patting motion application, the eyeshadow applied very splotchy (I also used TFSI), and there was gold microglitter fallout everywhere! (I do tap off my brush). Yesterday, I decided to give it one more try, and wear it to work as a wash. So I applied it with a sponge applicator, thinking that maybe this would be the trick that would give me a better application. It did deposit more color on my lid, but I still had a gold glitter mess all around my eye area, and when I stood back and looked in the mirror, I noticed that I looked really tired and run down. And it was the effect of the eyeshadow, I swear!! I was actually feeling fine and had gotten a normal night's sleep. I added Ulta's Mystique to my crease to try and save the look, because I didn't have time to redo everything. It helped a bit, but after this experience, my Kitten eyeshadow is going into my box of Makeup Limbo, which is where I put makeup that I'm not positive I want to get rid of, and might want to play around with some other time, or give away to the right person someday. Though really, I probably should have just thrown it away. Even I am not cheap enough to try and return it for the $1 I paid for it.....but I do wish I had spent that dollar on something else! I'm not sure what was up with the people at Wet n Wild when they approved this shadow for sale...it's just not comparable to the standard set by so many of their other shadows....even the old shadows were sooo much better!!

on 11/18/2010 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This color has the poorest color payoff and pigmentation of all the ColorIcon singles. However, the color is gorgeous in the pan, and I found that if you use this over the Wet 'n' Wild, Idol Eyes Creme Shadow in Techno, you get that exact pan color and it wears really well. So because it takes another product to make it work from me , it only gets a 3.

Popular Eye Shadows