September 17, 2014 | 2005 users online

Cleansers - St. Ives - Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by jcdixon

This is a great product for oily skin. As someone else pointed out, it can make your face dry. I have only slightly oily skin, and use moisturizer so this hasn't been a problem for me. It removes make up well, and really helps with my slight oil and redness issues.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by makeupfreek9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just purchased this product the other day at Zehrs. I bought it at just a regular grocery store. I like this product because it makes my face feel really clean and it smells soooo good. It was really cheap, I only paid 5 dollars for it and I have noticed my face to clear up a bit since, I've started using it! It's a very light cleanser and for the price it is totally worth it! If you like very natural smelling products, this is a cleanser you should try.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by bipybopy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was horrible for my skin! At first I really liked it because of the smell. But after I used it for about a week my skin became soooo dry! It was flaking off, nothing I put on it helped, it was horrible. It also didnt help my face, I started getting big red pimples on my normally clear skin. I will not be repurchasing this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by heyimsabrinaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit* I stopped using this, my other review raved it but it took my long to notice how decent this was. I always thought it helped control my acne, but really it did nothing for it. Too many chemicals and ingredients in it anyway, I stopped using it and so far so good

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by rj16

Everything about this is face wash is fine except for the nauseating smell. It is kind of sweet but not in a good way and it is quite a strong smell, too. I can't really describe it but if you are sensitive to smells, I would advise you to steer clear of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Ztte3699

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This comes with 6.7 fluid ounces for 4.99 USD so not too bad, considering I get 6 oz. for the same with the Neutrogena one. That aside the price is pretty good. I gave this one a 4.
The product is a green liquid soap-type gel that lathers pretty easily. It smells pretty flowery and tropical, but its a type of artificial smell or at least that's what I get; it's all up to the individual. Scent aside, it's a good product. The salicylic acid does its job at keeping my acne at bay. Ever since I've gone off the BC pill, I'm terrified my hormones will fluctuate like crazy and unleash hell on my face but only 2 small ones popped up, and the Green tea cleanser has worked well to clear them up. The fact that it doesn't leave my skin too tight is great, but keep in mind a little product goes a long way; a quarter of a pump works fine. In all, I liked this product and would gladly repurchase. Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I use oil to remove makeup, so i need something that is super good at removing oils out of my skin.

Personally this leaves my skin REALLLLLLLLY dry and I already have super dry skin, so obviously this isn't for me, but I would recommend it to any one that has super Oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 1:23:00 AM More reviews by elambie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had been faithful to my Clinique 3 step system and the Clinique acne solutions line for nearly a year. But after realizing that my acne solutions cleanser (which I loved, btw) would be used up in a month, I decided it was not worth the money and it was time to return to the drugstore for a cheaper option. I had done some research on YouTube and on blogs and decided to try out the St. Ives cleanser. From the drugstore, I had tried Biore and Neutrogena, both of which didn't work for clearing up my acne. So, I was pretty much expecting the same results from this. But I was pleasantly surprised to find that this cleanser works better than ANY cleanser I've ever used. I'm not sure if it's the combination of products I use (this cleanser, the Clinique acne solutions toner and the Cetaphil moisture cream or Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel depending on the time of year) or the cleanser itself, but I'm more than happy with my choice. I'm thinking about getting the scrub that goes along with it as well!! Fantastic purchase!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by KristaniA

Bought this on a whim because I ran out of my usual cleanser, I was feeling adventurous, and it happened to be on sale. It smells really good, kinda fake, but still good. You don't need a lot of product, just a dime-size drop is enough. It foams easily and quickly. HOWEVER, it leaves my skin feeling REALLY DRY. I usually have to wipe my face with tissue after I wash it, but with this product, my face dries up very quickly, it scares me. Have been using this for 2 weeks and so far, no pimples. But it doesn't help reduce the redness and acne scars on my face. I've also started to notice tiny bumps (whiteheads?) on my cheeks and forehead. I didn't change my other face care products, so I think this cleanser might be the culprit. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by sushi288

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great basic cleanser. It washes off my make-up well and gives a nice, clean feeling afterwards. I have oily skin and this does the job for me, but I think it may be drying for those with dry skin. As far as acne clearing part goes, I haven't really noticed a difference. I've been repurchasing.