April 21, 2014 | 1873 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Semi-Matte in Heat Wave

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by hanzgrace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick,it's a bright orangey red, semi matte, last for hours,you don't need much of a make up because this lipstick by itself gets attention.I goes well,when you are wearing black or other dark colors.It has a retro vibe to it and at the same time so in season .It complements my NC30 skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

We're having an orange moment which is great for pulling out Heatwave. It is bright but in a natural way, that nudges out any thought of piling on much more makeup. You won't need it. This is such a beautiful colour that it not only enhances my lips but also my eyes and cheeks (No I do not apply it there!). The formula is creamy but not heavy, moisturizing and it lasts. Pretty versions of it appear as it is wearing off. I sometimes use Bobbi B.'s orange lip liner but you don't need it. It has a more innocent look without the liner. I seriously doubt whether I will wear it often enough to repurchase but I will always admire it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by nuclearteeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ordered this lipstick as part of my ongoing quest to find the perfect "orange-ish" lipstick after disastrous meetings with truer oranges like MAC's Morange. As a recent convert to the Church of the Red Lip and a huge fan of NARS products in general, I figured I couldn't go wrong. Holy Moley, this lipstick is a doozy!

The moment I ran it over my lips, it was love at first sight. The color is sophisticated, fun, retro, modern...honestly, it's indescribable. Against my dark, warm-toned skin, Heat Wave comes off as a red-leaning orange. I purchased this as a spring/summer shade, but can see myself wearing this all year round.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by DrinkyVonDrink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is fabulous. It's a bright, matte warm red that just lasts and lasts. It's easy to apply (I always do so after exfoliating my lips), and has managed to make it through most meals. I've gotten lots of compliments while wearing it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by luvlydee

This is my favorite red lipstick. The color and the formula is just wonderful!. I have a few red lipsticks all from Mac (Russian red, Lady Danger, Viva Glam Cyndi, and Heartless [Venomous Villains]) and although everyone seems to love Russian Red, It really does nothing for my complexion. This color has some orange in it (not as much as Lady Danger which is more of a bold in your face color) and it just livens up my skintone.

It glides on so smooth and the pigmentation is great. This is persuading to try the other semi-matte nars lipsticks but for 24 dollars each, i would have to really love the color before i buy it, and out off all of there mattes, this is the only one i liked enough to shell out the 24 dollars.

for reference : nc 44 satinfinish foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Evaone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it looked so wonderful and cheerful in the J.Crew Spring 2011 lookbook. To my eyes the color seems a little more orangey and coraly than red, I wouldn't necessarily even call it a red. Its a beautiful color, if you google the J.Crew lookbook you'll be able to see it applied on a few different women with different colorings which might help you decide if it would suit you.

I also love the Nars semi-matte formula. It sinks right in and doesn't budge, slowly and evenly fading to a nice stain by the end of the day. I applied straight from the tube on bare lips (no balm, primer, lip liner or anything) and wore it for four hours before eating a bowl of saucy fettuccine. I ran to the bathroom afterward thinking I'd have a disaster on my face, but it looked just fine. Faded, but evenly so and hardly even smudged. If you're nervous about trying a bold lip color I highly recommend the Nars matte and semi-mattes. You'll feel a lot more comfortable drawing all that attention to your lips when you know they aren't covered in smudgy patchy faded color.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by aresbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this color!! I usually wear pinks/nudes and this is just so beautiful on my NC30 skin. I think this works for all skin tones because of its orange undertone. If I wear red, I use Russian Red (MAC) but to me, this is much more wearable and moisturizing for a matte finish. this is my second Nars lipstick and I plan to buy more. Worth the price & quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by maccosmetics09

This is my absolute HG red! I love this shade. To me, the color definitely looks more red than orange, but it does have those warmer (orange) undertones in it, without a doubt. I saw that it was used on the J. Crew models for Spring 2011, and I knew I had to have it! If you love bold colors, you'll love this. This l/s was my first NARS lippie, and although it was very pricey, it was so worth it! I'm now hooked on NARS lipsticks. The pigmentation is incredible and it has better staying power than any of the other lipsticks I've used. If you're interested, just go for it! You won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by ling_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Orange-red LOVE! This leans more towards orange than MAC Lady Danger and it looks more modern. Not as orange as Nars Red Square (which I also love). Very long lasting true matte. I slather my lips with balm and let it sit while doing the rest of my makeup and then wipe the excess balm off before applying Heat Wave and it solves any dryness issues.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 5:04:00 AM More reviews by jenw1401

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMG! I was on my search for "orange coral" lips and had tried several on like Niagara, Napoli, Peachstock etc. but they all made me look "washed out". My complexion is very pale with a lot of pink in it and I have long black hair so unfortunately all those beautiful pastels often do nothing for me. So I decided to try a different approach, instead of looking for a piinky coral I thought maybe I should be looking for a red coral for more depth. Then I thought about Heat Wave, a red that I'd been wanting to try but wasn't comfortable with the orange in it. I wish I hadn't waited so long to try this! It is so beautiful if you're fair like me and are looking for a pop of contrast. I've never seen a color like this that is so balanced even for very fair people like me without looking garish. (The other one that has this same quality if Funny Face, which I will love till the day I die.)
So, (back to Heat Wave)I tried it on and the pop of deep color just brought life to my face. It looks good in that gives your face a focal point of color. I was so thrilled. Typically in the past I've gone for blue-toned reds which are still beautiful and I didn't think I could wear an orange red like Heat Wave. Boy was I wrong! The pigments are so beautifully balanced that neither the orange or the red overpowers or pulls that color one way or the other. It simply is what it is a completely original beautifully blended color, the red and orange are fused to create a totally new color. I tried on the Sephora version called "It Girl" and it really pulled orange on me That's what convinced me to go with Heat Wave. The quality is just a little bit better especially for a dramatic color like this. So, if you want to make a statement, and if you want to do a twist on the red lip DEFINITELY try this.

think I'm going to wear it this summer with very minimal makeup on the rest of my face and maybe just a little black liquid liner. Definitely do try this product, it'll give you a extra boot of confidence!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No