Lucy Minerals Foundation

4.2

zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, magnesium stearate, iron oxides, allantoin, Apple Poly polyphenols, resveratrol, green coffee bean extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate

on 9/19/2013 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a person who reads a lot of reviews,but I don't write a lot. I had to write about Lucy Minerals,though.I've been a foundation junkie,just because I haven't found the one for me.I want high coverage without greasiness to cover skin cancer scars and hyper pigmentation .The high coverage foundations felt heavy and slid off my oily skin. And the breakouts-sheesh.Bareminerals-stinging and too shiny. Everyday minerals-stinging,too shiny,not enough coverage.
Lucy minerals-Holy Grail.Excellent coverage,no heaviness,satin look,not too matte,not too shiny.Did I mention the coverage?
Just buy it.

on 9/8/2013 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This review is solely for the Lucy Light foundation. First what I love about it. The foundation has incredible coverage that lasts all day.

I have extremely sensitive, dry skin, that currently suffers from rosacea and hormonal acne. I even had a bout of eczema one winter. And this foundation does not break me out! However, if I leave it on for 8+ hours and let it mingle with sweat and w/e, it does leave my skin blotchy and red in spots when I finally wash it off. But that's about as good as it gets for me, so I have no complaints there.

What I do dislike about the foundation is its texture. Two gripes. First, if you have any dry patches on your skin, this foundation emphasizes them like no other. It will gather on top and under those dry lines and make you look like your skin is flaking. Secondly, if you do moisturize with natural oils like I do, the foundation will slowly condense with any excess oil you have on your face and make your face look cakey with enlarged pores after a couple of hours.

However, those two reasons alone are not enough to make me move away from Lucy Minerals. If you do moisturize the right amount, and apply the foundation by stippling lightly instead of buffing, you can end up with incredibly beautiful, flawless, matte skin.

But Lucy will never give you that dewy, moist, luminous skin finish that you see in Korean B.B. cream advertisements, which is what I'm looking for. So I'm now on the impossible hunt for a B.B. cream / tinted moisturizer that does not break me out.

on 9/1/2013 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I recently bought four sample pots of Lucy Minerals two Foundations (Lucy Light and Oil Control) and two blushes in Sedona and Juicy Peach. Overall, I would say they are better than most mineral makeups. Every mineral makeup I've tried, Bare Minerals, Everyday Minerals, and many less expensive store brands. Every other mineral makeup has broken me out. Lucy I the exception to the rue. However, the trade off is that many of the smoothing agents, like Lauryl Lyosine, are absent from Lucy which means the finish just doesn't look good on my skin. I don't have dry skin, maybe combination, and it seems to accentuate every dry patch. It also has the effect of sitting on top of my skin instead of blending in. I've tried applying with a light hand, a heavy hand, super blending, it just doesn't seem to look right. If you're in the market for an all-natural, mineral makeup, and have needs such as sensitive, acne-prone, or rosacea skin I would say go ahead and try it. It shouldn't do any harm, they have good color selection, their blush I LOVEEE, and at worst you've spent a few bucks on a sample and it just doesn't look great.

on 8/20/2013 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This review is for 2 items I purchased from Lucy Minerals lets start with the good.
I made a splurge purchase from one of their BOGO sales specials they had and took advantage. Shipping is quite killer to Canada so this BOGO special came very handy.
I purchased the Lucy Minerals in Lucy Light Finishing powder. The Finishing powder is AMMAZING!!! It melts and melds into the skin PERFECTLY!! It's a great finishing powder highly highly recommend this stuff its very good at holding my makeup all in place and makes it last longer no touch ups needed !!

The bad is the foundation itself I am Asian skin yellow toned MAC NC 30-35 and purchased the Golden Medium which is supposed to be a perfect match for NC 35 skin tones. I purchased the Lucy Light formula because of the no extra additives my skin is highly sensitive and don't need the extras. The Golden Medium looks like a perfect match to me in the jar and a lot of reviews I read that NC 30-35 people are getting the Golden Mediums. I am unsure of how everyone's applying but I used so little to apply and my skin was GHASTLY WHITE!! I waited a couple of minutes for the minerals to warm up and it did but I was still white looking. I thought I applied too much and tried different ways to apply this if I do it cakey I look disgusting if I do a light coverage I don't get the full coverage I require and still looking white at the same time. I have put this on 3 weekends while just staying home thinking it just has to oxidize for a few hours and then my color would show. NOPE I was wrong the white cast stayed for the entire 8 hours and I only used the foundation alone. This definitely was not a good color choice and am unsure if I would repurchase again because shipping to Canada is too much even for samples alone. So the jury is out for the foundations im steering clear away the color just isn't matching and I hate going thru the sampling phase ive done that with quite a few companies and am not doing or going thru the hassles again!!

The packaging of the products are perfect I really like that part. Also I got some deluxe samples with my order and its a too bad I didn't get a variety of foundations to give it another shot I did get the extra additives formula but that didn't work either. I have to say that the finishing powder alone has made this a good purchase but I only bought one and itll last me quite a bit.

Let me just start off by saying that my skin reacts to absolutely everything. If I wash my face with a new cleaser, if I try any new makeup, look at it wrong, etc. I had a big battle with acne a few years ago, but with the help of my doctor I got rid of all of it. After it went away I had been so used to not being able to use any product at all, that it was really scary to start using anything on my face. I have a 4 year old, so I need something light and not too heavy that will cover my scarring, and something that will last! The past few months I have been through everything...Studio Gear, Make Up Forever, Amazing Minerals, Lorac, and Cover Fx. Everything seemed to be too heavy, break me out, not a good color match, there was just always something wrong.

I started doing my research online and looking for something more simple for my sensitive skin, I tried a few other mineral makeup brands that didn't seem to work for me, but then I came across Lucy Minerals. I checked out their site, and it seemed interesting. I came here to checkout reviews and they all seemed great! So I went back to the site and picked out a few shades that I thought may match my skintone. I love that they have sample sizes, because I can't keep spending a ton of money on something that I'm not sure that I'll love. So in a matter of a few days I received my packages and was so excited! I went straight to the bathroom to find myself a match! At first I tried on fair and it was way too light for my skin and made me look a little chalky. After that the cream, which was to yellow for my skin tone. Then the neutral shade, light, was a perfect match for me! I found a flat brush that I had already had lying around and applied it just like the girls in the tutorials did, more like stippling, then blending afterwards. It looked amazing! All of my scars were completely covered and it looked so natural. I did this for a few days and it lasted me all day, didn't need a single touch up! After a few days I had a few breakouts (which I'm 99% sure was hormonal) but, I don't take chances anymore! By this time I had already ordered a full size of the original formula in the shade light. I emailed the company and asked them if it was possible since I didn't even receive it yet, if I could send back the original for the "Lucy Light" formula. They had no problem trading out the products. And that is another reason they are a great company, you can't find good service like that everywhere! I received my Lucy Light formula a few days later, and have been wearing it ever since. My skin looks great and so even and smooth. No more breakouts, just natural looking skin. And just so you know I am very very picky when it comes to makeup. I love this make up so much, and it is so affordable. I have also ordered samples of all the matte blushes and bronzers, and will be ordering a full size Matte Apricot in just a few days.

It is so hard to find good quality, affordable, and simple makeup, but they did it! This company as a whole is just completely amazing. I love all of their products that I have tried so far, and will definitely be purchasing many, many more soon!

on 8/10/2013 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25 Chinese, yellow toned.,

I've tried most of the samples that would suit NC/NW 15-35 and also the Snow White for adjusting the colors. I made millions of combos, took my notes, kept adjusting.. but never found the perfect match... too much of one turned gray on me, others were pink/peach, etc etc. Oily skin and large pores, trying to minimize the amt used, still always looked cakey on me.

That said, the Snow White is handy! Currently I'm using the Tarte Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation w/ the mesh in the pckg (love that, so much easier to use). Fair-Light Honey is bit too dark for my skin (and probably only perfect in the summerest of summers for me), so I was contemplating purchasing the lighter color and combining the two... but a tiny amt of Snow White mixed w/ the Tarte looks to be great! So I'd probably only purchase Snow White as an adjuster.

on 8/8/2013 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have using Lucy Minerals for over 4 years now, love it especially using the hot summer days. I do have drier skin in winter so I usually switch to a liquid mineral foundation or bb cream for those cooler months. I tried many mineral foundation brands (those big names out there like Bare Minerals, Everyday Minerals & many others) and ended up with Lucy Minerals, and is still loving it after 4 years!

This mineral foundation has decent coverage, no sparkles, medium to even full coverage if layer it with a good mineral powder brush. At my age, I need medium coverage at least and this mineral foundation works really well for me. So far, I tried both their original and their light formulations, both work fine for my skin too. My skin does get sensitive once in a while, but so far so good, no reaction at all.

I start with my daily sunscreen lotion to prep my skin, and then gently buff this foundation on, and layer it if needed for extra coverage. I then wait for a few minutes to let the foundation sinks in. You will notice the texture gets almost creamy like with the warmth of our skin, which I like (because it is not the super mask like matte look. This has a soft satin texture once it gets warmed up to our skin). I then finish off with their finishing powder (a thin layer) and I am good to go for a day there.

For reference using MAC foundation: I am generally NC25 all year round, winters I can wear as pale as NC20, and summers I can wear up to NC30. I am Asian & have light warm skin tone, so the shade 'Cream' works well for me. I tried the shade 'Light' but it is too pink for me. I also try to mix (they offer custom mixing too) with 1/2 cream 1/2 light and it works good on the days when I need a little touch of colour to my face, otherwise, the Cream shade alone works well too.

Price is really reasonable for the amount you get, a little goes a long way so a regular size should last you a long time. They also have sales & promos periodically so I do get a good deal with my purchase.

Definitely my 'go-to' for mineral foundations, and will continue to re-purchase in future.

I read Ms.Langguth mini history of what got her to start her own good mineral make up line. I find it to be very inspiring of how she got her inspiration from her father Mr.Theiss whom happened to own a pharmacy. Where Ms.Langguth ended up mixing in her own special skin solutions. Also i find her Mineral make up ingredients to be so unique, different and interesting as her mineral make up contains as you can see this picture shows to read, Green coffe bean extract, Apple Poly, and Magnesium! Those ingredients and her story of what has led her to come up with this special Mineral make up is what got me itching to buy and try out her products. Feel free to visit my beauty site http://www.vividsavvy.com/ to see my review on Lucy minerals.

on 7/21/2013 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Website looked shady to me (seriously, an AOL email address?!), but it's actually the best makeup I've ever tried. As a long-time user of mineral makeup, I was getting frustrated with the lack of coverage I was experiencing with another highly rated brand (EDM). A Google search and lots of blog research led me to Lucy Minerals.
Normally, my face requires all kinds of preparation and maintenance to handle the oilies. This brand's OCC formula lasts better than any other makeup I've tried, mineral or otherwise.
This is also the best coverage I've seen yet from a mineral makeup. Honestly, when I first put it on it looked chalky and I almost panicked. But after a few minutes on my skin, it seemed to warm up and settle in a more natural way, blending in beautifully but with awesome coverage. My skin has never photographed better, even with a huge red zit and no concealer. My favorite is the OCC formula in Pale Olive. I bought three jars of Fair only to discover later that PO is way better for me. No exchanges on foundations, unfortunately.
Brand has an awesome range of formulas and plenty of shades for lighter skin tones, but they don't go very dark. Use a moisturizer or BB cream to help the powder blend naturally.

on 7/16/2013 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I live in Brazil, Rio de Janeiro = hot and humid weather.
Really like this foundation. Works perfectly for me, but I don't use foundation for long periods of time (so I can't comment on this aspect). I got the Lucy Light and I like to apply some powder after. I use Banana/Neutral Set by Ben Nye or pure Calcium Carbonate (found in pharmacies) - pressing against the skin.
I also like to mix this foundation with a bit of sericite (coastal scents), to facilitate the application.
If I don't use moisturizer it can mark some lines.

Colors:
I have medium/tan (?) skin and strong yellow undertones.
MAC Face & Body C4 --> needs more yellow, but it works.
Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Natural Beige 2.5 --> perfect
The All Natural Face Light Beige Warmest --> still testing but I think this is the color
O Boticario Intense Antibrilho, efeito mate, Cor 2 --> deixa a pele muito seca, mas a cor funciona.
I use Tan Olive and Golden Medium. Both work for me, but I like to mix them (50/50).

I hope the store doesn't stop selling to international customers whose countries have representatives.

-------------------- edit 25/09/3013
1. After using it a LOT more, I think both Tan Olive and Golden Medium are just an OK match. Not perfect, need more yellow/olive, and just a little bit too light. (btw, TANF Light Beige Warmest is too light as well. I would say this color is very similar to TO and GM from Lucy).
2. It accentuates my pores. It has shiny particles (not too obvious though).