November 22, 2014 | 1931 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This is a pretty decent drugstore mascara. However, it does not makes ones eyelashes look as if you have falsies on. It provides volume and lengthening of my eyelashes, but it really works no better than most mascaras that are sold in the drugstores today, which is why, I don't plan on re-buyjng it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have mixed reviews on this and would give it 2.5 / 5 lippies.

The first time I bought it I loved it and used it almost every day. It gave my lashes enough volume to actually show up in pictures (which is rare for me).

The second time I bought it, years after finishing the first, it lost its appeal.
It gets clumpy really quickly (I'd say a month after purchasing it) and does not separate my lashes ideally.

However, I would say this is one of the best drugstore brand mascaras, but I'll stick to my usual Benefit and Dior mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Ninamw31

Typical cheap mascara. doesn't volumize or increase length without at least 3 coats (I like big lashes) but by that point my lashes were so clumpy and sticky that it looked like a gross mess. would never buy again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Amy141

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Grey

This mascara is the best!! It makes my eyelashes look so long and thick and just overall beautiful I would recommend everyone to get this mascara. The only thing is it's a bit pricey but sometimes superdrug or boots have it on offer I got mine when it was and they usually have it in offer but this is the best mascara and I probably would pay full price for this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Riri99

Amazing mascara! It gave my lashes a great amount of volume and length! The best of both worlds, and not to mention for a great price!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by JulieTaboulli

Current HG mascara. I noticed my friend's lashes seemed super voluminous, and she suggested I try it. I was skeptical at first, for a few reasons. First, I hate clumping lashes. For this reason, I switched to plastic (not bristled) brushes, as they are easier to control. Second, mascara CONSTANTLY flakes or smudges on me, and since I sometimes work in the elements (in and out of a steel mill), I needed something that wouldn't smudge in humidity, but also wouldn't flake. Third, I just really like volume, so I was going for that.
I decided to try it, and was actually amazed - it really does live up to its name - my eyelashes are very voluminous, and the argument can be made that I could have false lashes on. I got compliments the first week I wore it, so that's a good sign. Clumping issue: I don't have one. I tend to get the excess mascara off brushes before I use them anyway to avoid clumps, so that may help. But I was very surprised that the fine bristles didn't clump, but instead created nice volume.
Smudging and flaking: I was shocked. For whatever reason, this formula does neither. And I've been through a lot that have -- all Clinique (Lash Doubling provides great volume but they all Smudge SO BADLY), Mary Kay (flakes), Covergirl (flakes), other Maybelline brands (flake). But this really doesn't. Also, the color is very true to black, which is important, because Covergirl pulls grey. Ick.

Bottom line: very substantial volume (one of the best I've used), no clumps (although I'm smart about my application), longevity (doesn't smudge or clump, and low price... I will keep buying this over high end mascaras any day - I really don't think they can beat this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by mariloureiro

Just a good regular mascara.

- adds volume.
- good price.

- I always need to use a potent make-up remover to work it out.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This mascara is awful. It was recommended by the girl at Ulta. It was clumpy, ran under my eyes and made my eyelashes look like spiders. There's too many great mascaras to get a mascara just completely wrong.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by flashdanzer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am really disappointed with this mascara. The wand is awkward and makes application difficult. The formula clumps when applying multiple coats (hello spider legs) and I am guaranteed panda eyes by the end of the day. Will definitely not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by dinosaurseatghosts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's a bit clumpy and doesn't really make me look like I'm wearing falsies. :( not the best mascara I've used.