December 18, 2014 | 1362 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by KellyJames

I think that I may have gotten defective package because none of the other reviews seem to mention my issue. I was able to properly apply to the roots on the top of my head, then suddenly nothing was comming out. I still had more than half the bottle full and no matter how hard I squeezed the bottle, nothing would come out.

I was terrified that if I squeezed too much or too hard it would explode all over my bathroom and I. I decided to unscrew the cap and investigate. I found that the nozzle was clogged because the formula created a thick jelly-like clot. Seriously? Even after I rinsed it out with hot water, it would re-clot. I ended up pouring bit by bit into my hand and appling it that way, making a huge mess.

Aside from having to apply this with a sloppy gloved hand, the formula is mild and doesn't smell very strongly. It stained my hairline a bit but not more than most. It washed out fine and didn't seem to do much (if any) damage to my hair. The colour is as expected. Very glossy and shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Ariben

Just an FYI for anyone considering this stuff: most of these reviews apply to the old version of this product, the one discontinued last fall (at least in the Northeast). The "new, improved" version does not come out as dark and is 15 volume peroxide rather than 20 (ie, less peroxide, and therefore marginally less permanent/damaging). The directions also now recommend 20 minutes of development time vs the previous 10. Also, for my color, #5 medium brown, it seems a bit less red, and slightly more golden than the old version. Also the gray coverage is not quite as good IMO, which is to be expected with a reduction in peroxide.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by editorgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Medium Brown "Truffle"--perfect. Gave me my natural brown back, covered some grown-out highlights and was easy and cheap. Loved it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by swimfranny

I bought this product prior to reading reviews, but then almost didn't use it due to all the bad reviews. It sat in my bathroom for over a week before I decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did. Here's why: I have naturally dark blonde/light brown hair that I've been highlighting blonde for years. I've also been growing it out, so I've ended up with pretty much all blonde ends with more of my natural color mixed in near the roots. I normally don't mind this so much, but I just had a baby and haven't been able to get to the salon in three months. So, I had pretty substantial roots showing and the contrast was rather obvious. I knew I wasn't going to get to the salon anytime soon, and I know better than to attempt to highlight on my own. So, I wanted something non-permanent that would even things out a bit until I can get back to the salon. I bought the medium blonde color of this product, knowing it would probably tone down my much lighter ends to blend better with my darker roots. What I ended up with is a very pleasant dark blonde color, that achieved exactly what I wanted. Some of the underlying gold in the blonde shows through, which gives it that new trendy golden Brown (think Jennifer Anniston) color. In response to the negative reviews, I DID perform a strand test to make sure it would turn out as I expected. And to be fair, the color dis come out a shade or two darker than what was shown on the box, but I was prepared for this (and that's what I wanted). Being a temp color, I do expect it to fade somewhat also. Lastly, I also knew the color wouldnt lift my darker roots. This isn't the color I envision staying long term, but its better than be, and quite manageable until I can get back to a professional. In short, I think this product met my needs precisely and I would use it for the same purpose again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by dch05

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I almost didn't try this because of all the negative reviews. I previously used Natural instincts in Nutmeg and due to a bad Clariol experience, I decided To try something else. I hadn't colored my hair in 10 months, but over the summer my dar brown hair gets brassy, so I wanted to even out my hair color and cover a few grays. I used 4 dark brown -dark chocolate. When I rinsed the hair color, my normally fine hair did not feel like straw. I felt silky and my hair did't 't feel damaged like it did with NI. The color was nice from the start. With NI it is always way to dark the first week then fades right out. The LOreal was a great color and stayed the same color the whole month, and faded lightly. I waited until I was on my second box before I reviews this item. I will definitely be using the LOreal brand over the Clariol brand from now on. Clariol dried out and ruined m hair, since the 10 month break from coloring and a bad brassy Ronald McDonald experience. and no, I only used neutral dark brown hair colors, so my hair should not have turned brassy.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by mermaid4321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before I used this product my hair was a dyed light auburn hair with highlights, I wanted something a bit richer for wintertime, so I choose healthy look in 6RB, the color on the box appeared to be a nice auburn brown, so I though that when I apply this on my hair it should blend in just fine. When I colored my hair, it came out dark pinkish purplish reddish color : ( I will be going to salon to correct : (

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by curtsgirl

I usually have my hair professionally dyed auburn and highlighted in honey. The last time I had it dyed, it was too light and I got tired of it very quickly. I wanted to have it dyed dark, but around the holidays, it is hard to afford professional color. I was very timid buying home hair color due to my highlights. I bought the Dark Golden Brown hoping my hair would turn out a dark auburn with darker auburn highlights. My fiance actually applied it to my hair so I could get better coverage. After I washed it and dried it, I was IN LOVE! It turned out better than I could have imagined and the conditioner that comes with it, is amazing. My hair feels healthier than it has in a long time. I hope it doesn't wash out too soon!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by elisapatricia

This is the MESSIEST at-home hair color I've used in a long time. I had my hair done by a friend in her house, and she didn't do exactly what I wanted; the ends were much lighter so I decided to fix it myself, which I do often, by dying the entire hair the same color, dark brown. I got darkest brown/espression, No. 3. I normally use either the Feria color or the John Frieda Foam (which is amazing), but my drugstore was out of both in my color. Mixing the color was easy, but it was pretty gloopy. Also, if the bottle was at all tilted, color would come spurting out so I made a huge mess in my sink and on my shirt. The color got all over my neck, ears, and forearms, too.

Also, I have about shoulder length hair. I RAN OUT of color. I felt like my hair wasn't totally saturated, but good enough. But I would have like to have more color. I've never run out of product when coloring my hair before!

The results, however, are fine. I prefer very dark hair, so it's okay with me. Overall, I wouldn't buy this again. Ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by BADKITTY13

OMG!!! I love this compared to The other semi-perm color products. I had been using the Herbal Essence and it dried out my hair, made my scalp itch for weeks and smelled bad! This stuff was easy to apply and conditioned my hair! I use #2 Black Noir and I love it! Did not burn scalp and make it itch and was easy to use. The conditioner is great and for once I have some left over to use next time I wash. The smell was way better than any other semi color I have used! Feels like a shampoo and great conditioner! Yes it is dark but I have dark brown to black hair. Maybe do not use if u want lighter hair but if you are going black you won't go back!!! Love it!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by colonc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awful! I have been coloring my hair since my teen years. I am very experienced with at home hair color but this product is not worth even a trial. I bought it to cover some gray hairs and get some more shine into my hair for an special ocassion. I used a dark brown shade and my hair turned out a very dark and flat BLACK!!! It was last september and still my hair is very dark. I washed it every day and applied several oil treatments to get rid of the color as soon as I could. It helped some but still I had to get my hair ends cut a little. I have not been able to color my hair since september because I am afraid of how the previously colored hair will react.

I wonder if this is really a "semi-permanent" hair color since the damage it has done to my hair seems very permanent. I loved the old L'oreal Excellence Creme formula better than this one even though it is a permanent hair color. It seems all hair color brands are re-formulating their formulas for the worst!