November 27, 2014 | 1441 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by selena08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When it comes down to it I think I am the only person that applies sun screen like there is no tomorrow. LOL! I am a NC25 and PF Powder Foundation in Translucent Medium is a good match for my skin color. I use this powder to set my foundation or on days were I don't want a lot of coverage. When I use on top of Missha BB Cream it actually looks really good. I recommend this for those of you who want more sun protection. It doesn't have to be just for the summer time. I use it all year round.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by MissMelanieM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a powder sunscreen and foundation in one. It comes in a two compartment compact with a sponge included for application. Its similar to Heliocare at about half the price. Watch for sensitivity with this. You need to apply this with the sponge to get enough application and you may need a darker shade than you normally get. I use the light and I have to use the light bronzer over it to help it not look as chalky. I also have the bronzer in tan for cheeks and eyelids to add a touch of color. I'm about an NC25. Love this!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by heyheymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really love this product its not full on coverage but its enough, not to mention the glow my face has after I put this on, it higlights my cheekbones and more the center of my face. I get alot of complements on the way my skin looks and I have lots of acne. The reason I gave this a 4 though is becuase if you have flaky skin this makes it 100000 times more ovious! And it tends to look odd if im sweating alot. Got it for 15 dollars all in all im addicted to this product! It mmakes my skin look so much healther and glowy than it actully is.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by arsnictruffle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bottom line: This light foundation was made for redheads and their thin, sensitive to sunlight skin. It is so exciting to finally find a foundation/powder I can truly love. I had noticed how bad my other mineral foundation looked in sunlight, and needed some SPF for when I go to Australia this year, so I decided to give this a try. From what I can tell, it is super fine and designed to look more natural in the sunlight, so I was happy with it. I have not been able to test out its true SPF power yet, but based on other reviews it's most likely effective. The ingredients don't bother me, it's versatile and blends with my skin, and I love it. The only thing about it is it has very light coverage. While it tames the overall redness of any pimples, it does not mask them. That is alright, I'm going for a natural look. Also, works great over Prestige Skin Loving Minerals foundation as a setting powder + extra coverage/SPF. Buy it! It's pricey, but try to find it on sale!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by applecour

I've been using this since 2010, and decided to change to a few different kinds, just testing the waters. I came running back after I broke out in a million terrible bumps & will never stray again, lol.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by autumnrainbow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This powder was okay, it should have been translucent, but I found it a little dark on my ultra pale skin, also a little drying. I like the high spf, but this was not my favorite of their powders. I much prefer the mineral or the pearls.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 3:44:00 AM More reviews by stephyrm12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder. ive changed from my maybelline dream matte powder, which i have been using for the past 3 years consistently, to this. it provides some coverage if you just want to wear some powder that day or its perfect to just top of some concealer with as well, so it doesnt look like too much make up. the spf is a huge bonus for me. I do wear spf of at least 30 everyday, but this is reasurring! just make sure you dont wear this powder when you take pictures or else it will cast a white cast! [: lol i also got this from cvs for $4, but was only able to snatch up one. I found another one at target for $7, which i picked up right away because normally this stuff is like $12! which i would probably not pay for a drugstore powder. my latch also doesnt work or lock too well, which worries me if i even have to travel with it, so i give it a 3 for packaging. it's cute and all! just not sure how sturdy or well built it was because it is kinda large like all physician formula products.

im an nc 25 and i have this in translucent light! [: its perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by summerlover77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this on sale at Target today (clearance) for $4.10, I bought it because it was $10 off and I heard some good things about this. I soooo regret not picking up another one. I love this, it has SPF 50 which is crazy because I'm a sunscreen freak, I never leave home without it. It has good coverage without looking cakey, and it doesn't come off in an hour like all my other powders do. This is so amazing, I can't even put this into words. I like to use this on top of a tinted moisturizer and it makes my face look natural yet smooth and fresh. This doesn't have any shimmer in it, which is always a plus, but beaware this does run extremely light. I bought a medium shade and I thought they got the labeling wrong because it looked like the fair shade. This is definitely something to try out!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by togoat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been wanting to try this, and 75% off definitely encouraged me!

I've tried PF powders before, and I've noticed that all the foundations appear super light and chalky upon first application. With the mineral wear, I nearly bought all the colors! It would seem that I finally had a match, but within 5-10 minutes the powdery look would melt away leaving a foundation shade way too dark for me. I think this probably what people are experiencing; they are picking out a shade one or two levels too dark.

I purchased this in translucent light, and immediately thought, "uh-oh, not again!" I looked like a ghost! I waited a couple of minutes, blended again, and almost perfecto! The finish is like cashmere - I love how it doesn't look like powder! It also doesn't settle into the fine lines underneath my eyes. As other reviewers have noticed, it doesn't accentuate healing acne, but I would exfoliate & moisturize before use as I would with any powder foundation.

I prefer pressed powders to loose powders. Yes, you might have to apply more layers, but now I don't have to deal with clouds of loose powder settling into every crevice of my bathroom! I tend to be a little heavier handed when using the loose mineral powders, too. Me + loose powder = a little bit of disaster!

A nice surprise if you can find a color that matches you!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this product. I have oily skin so I have to touch up my makeup after lunch. Most foundations I wear (even Colorstay) are breaking down on me by noon. I touch up with this powder and add some blush and I'm good to go for the rest of the afternoon. It's not cakey or powdery, it just leaves a nice, not too matte finish.

I bought this because Noveau Cheap raves about it. It's pricey so I wait for BOGO sales and then stock up.

My only peeve is that the compact is too bulky but I love the cool orange and pink colors.

Five stars!