October 23, 2014 | 877 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 More reviews by yelloats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

at first i had no use for this because it just seemed lik an extra layer of powder that i didnt need but recently i had some horrible skin problems with my new acne gel and made my entire cheeks superbly flushed in a horrible way and so i used this and it helps alot! my cheeks didnt look glowing red. ALSO this is the main part of this review. I usually use udpp but my shadows still creased pretty badly throughout the day and also i had lots of trouble blending my shadows after i applied the primer b/c its a bit sticky but i found that if i pat a thin layer of this powder over my lids after the udpp, it makes the shadow go on VERY smoothly AND i havent seen creasing for the past 3 days i've been doing this, so if anyone has this and doesnt really have a use for it, try it as a second eye primer!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by travelbugaf3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this. I no longer wear Physicians Formula because I found another makeup that looks on me, works better for my skin, and is more inexpensive in the long run. . . BUT, out of all the PF products, this is the one I think I might use in the future. It is very soft and feels great on my skin, and does a nice job cutting down on my redness and combating my oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by SMG1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have this product in the "buff beige". It's not good, but not great. Just ok. I really don't notice much of a difference when i apply it over or under my make-up. Im going to use it up just because i don't want to waste $14, but i won't rebuy.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by emilyheartsmakeup

This product is talc-free which is so great! People have been complaining about how light it is and how bulky the packaging is. I on the other hand got the next darker shade of the transulent (creamy natural) it is pretty light too but it look fine on my skin tone which is light. I also like the packaging. I like the mirror in the bottom, but the brush suucks. The colours blend great together and go on my face easily and looks pretty natural. I have heard it makes people's faces very chalky and yucky, but I use it and I get no chalky-look..?? It my blemishes pretty well also. I adore that it is talc-free and minerals in it!! Though it is called a correcting powder it is more like a finishing powder. I use it last then use my blush/bronzer by Physicians Formula and it seems more like a finishing powder. I think I am going to get a miner pressed powder though from Physicians Formula for a even better finishing powder. I love Physicians Formula! Though it tends to e quite expensive..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by katrabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this on sale @11.99 CDN plus tax, in color Translucent. This is my first time trying out this brand and so far, I don't have any complaints as such. My reason for wanting to try out is because all the swirls look exactly like the Japanese brand Ipsa's Pure Control Powder. The only difference being, the Ipsa powder has SPF 10 while this one does not. As for the formula, I don't know if they're exactly the same, but on the packaging that came with this powder, it says: "high tech Japanese formula."

Although there are 4 distinct colors (light blue/green, light pink, very light pink, light yellow), when you blend the product together, you end up with a very light, almost white/slightly beige or peach color. It says it's a corrector, primer and a powder in one, but when you blend everything together, it's basically a very smooth and soft powder. I think it would be difficult to use just one particular color with this because the swirls of each color are small and it would be difficult to get enough of the product onto a finger. So I don't know if this powder really can act as a color corrector. As for this powder being a primer (another of its claims), I don't see how this can be that either because when you apply to skin and blend in, it disappears. You can only see a very fine sparkle but it's really sparse and it disappears with time so you end up with a rather matte finish. I guess you could use this as an eyeshadow primer but personally, for the eyes, I think it's better to have more of a cream texture than a powder one. Maybe for the cheeks then? This powder does provide a very smooth surface so maybe you can use it as a cheek primer, but then again, isn't that what a basic powder is used for?

The scent of this powder is exactly like Loreal's True Match Super-Blendable Compact. The packaging is a clear plastic and it's confusing to figure out where you pop the top lid open to get to the product. It comes with a mirror and a brush which is underneath the powder pan. The brush looks and feels very rough so I know for certain that it's not something that's actually usable.

It says that it "gently absorbs oil without drying skin." I have very dry skin and so far, I haven't found it to be drying like Revlon's Colorstay Pressed Powder which really is uncomfortable for me to wear because I can feel moisture being sucked out of my skin as I have it on. I'm guessing that this is not for those with really oily skin since it has a low absorbency for controlling oil.

Overall, I'm quite happy with my purchase.
8.2g or 0.29oz, talc free, has mica to provide smooth surface.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in the Translucent. I would not say it is though. It is more like a snow white skin color. This has swirls of pink, yellow and green which are supposed to correct the skin. This is a very nice powder consistency wise, but I found it did not work for me at all. This did not control oil and it just generally looked badly on my face from the minute I put it on. The compact is clunky and cheap plastic. The brush I did not use, but it did not look very well made. I find this product way overpriced for a drugstore product and for a product that does not work well. I would not try this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by jasminekvuong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

So..I just bought this today and it was kind of expensive jk it was really expensive. but whatever i still got it. i dont usually wear make up just because its more of a hassle then anything. once i applied it, i looked in the mirror and i could see that my skin tone was even and i was a bit shiny but not oily shiny. it was a good shiny. even thought it was a bit messy i guess it was worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Holy Grail alert! This review is for the NATURAL BEIGE mineral wear talc-free mineral correcting powder. This is the *darkest* of the four shades and I am a little shade above being very pale. So.....this would be appropriate for pale girls, maybe not darker skin tones. This powder is NOT drying and blends like a dream with my Paula's Choice powder brush. The brush included is scratchy. I do not use foundation when I wear this because the coverage is so excellent there is no need for foundation! I also believe that the small swirls of green and pink really help to even out my uneven skin tone. The staying power is amazing, 12 hours. Can be found at Walmart for $13.00. And Ulta with their famous coupons. Will buy again.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Jolene5329

I purchased this to do what it says it does: help hide imperfections and smooth out my coloring.

I purchased in Translucent.

The first time I tried it I went to our master bath to see how it looked in really bright lights (not where I apply my makeup) and I looked like I'd painted white stage makeup all over my face. I quickly got a clean buffing brush and got most of it off or rubbed in.

I tried again with just a tinted moisturizer as the base, and again - white as a ghost.

Additionally, it did no correcting at all on any of my reddishness.
It fell into my fine lines and hung on for dear life.
And .. it ran as fast as it could to all my little dry patches and stop on them cheering "look at me".

This is one product that's going in the trash bin. I can't see trying to make it work.

It doesn't for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by BrandyAlexander21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this with the primer stick and after I used both to go out one day, I was outside and a guy friend of mine asked, "What did you do? You look so white!"

NO! This is not what I ever want to hear, and the fact that a GUY said something means it was really obvious.

The button to open this broke after a few days so I have to pry it open. I don't even know if I will use this at all anymore.