Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder

3.4

Mica, Boron Nitride, Mineral Oil, Aluminum Distearate, petrolatum, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ultramarines.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

I love this product! the only challenge is knowing how to use it.

PROS:
- corrects uneven skin tone
- helps mineral foundation go on much smoother
- helps color correct imperfections, so u use less concealer or less foundation
- very light feeling

CONS:
- crappy brush, get a better one!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product wasn't all together bad, I do end up using it fairly often, but I find I can't use it on it's own! It ends up making my face look really washed out, so I have to use a pressed powder over it, even if I only use the corrector in small areas. It does do it's job though, and I like that the different colors are segregated enough that you can use them separately from each other, I like to use the green around my nose and the salmon-y color under my eyes.

I gave it a 2 for packaging... The brush is crap and I don't know what the deal is with PF but the lids always break off on their powders!

I actually really liked this product - so much so that I wore it instead of foundation for quite awhile! It evened out my skin without making it look cakey. Very natural. Now I use it before applying the Physician's Formula pressed powder, to even out some minor redness as well as the slight shadows under my eyes. Zero breakouts - even after falling asleep with it on (on more than one occasion)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really liked how this made my face look. It evened me out and made me look less red. I got this in translucent; it didn't dry out my face or make me look like a ghost or anything (though I am already very pale, so this worked well for me).
Unfortunately, this broke me out into a rash on my jawline and cheeks on the 2nd use. It was an itchy red bump rash that looked a lot like I had an acne breakout. It lasted for almost a week. I really wish I could use this product. :(

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have this in Translucent and overall I like it. Unfortunately the packaging is deceiving, making it look like you're getting a lot more product then you actually are.... and the whole under-mirror compartment is a complete waste. I never use it and the brush went immediately into the garbage. However, the powder itself is actually pretty decent. I use it under my foundation and although it's not a miracle-worker (does that even exist in the makeup world?) for a drugstore product it did a good job at improving the appearance of my skin tone. I don't recommend it for olive or darker skinned girls, because it does come across as a snowy-white dust, but I am fair skinned so as long as my foundation is a bit darker it seems to turn out okay. I'm pretty sure I would buy it again but I find it's a little expensive for what you're getting so I'm not entirely sure.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Why did I even buy this?
Didn't work at all. I used it on top, under foundation and by itself...same results. Nothing. It's just a multi-colored powder that made my face look ghastly. Didn't even out skin tone what-so-ever.
Not worth it.

This product was a great "idea", but I don't think it really worked out in "real life". The Correcting Powder is a combo of green, pink, and yellow. I found it: 1)to not work; 2)not worth the money; and, 3)cakey. Not to mention that the product is so difficult to get out of it's primary packaging!! There are other items that I adore that Physicians Formula produces, but this just isn't one of them...

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

at first i had no use for this because it just seemed lik an extra layer of powder that i didnt need but recently i had some horrible skin problems with my new acne gel and made my entire cheeks superbly flushed in a horrible way and so i used this and it helps alot! my cheeks didnt look glowing red. ALSO this is the main part of this review. I usually use udpp but my shadows still creased pretty badly throughout the day and also i had lots of trouble blending my shadows after i applied the primer b/c its a bit sticky but i found that if i pat a thin layer of this powder over my lids after the udpp, it makes the shadow go on VERY smoothly AND i havent seen creasing for the past 3 days i've been doing this, so if anyone has this and doesnt really have a use for it, try it as a second eye primer!

I really like this. I no longer wear Physicians Formula because I found another makeup that looks on me, works better for my skin, and is more inexpensive in the long run. . . BUT, out of all the PF products, this is the one I think I might use in the future. It is very soft and feels great on my skin, and does a nice job cutting down on my redness and combating my oil.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have this product in the "buff beige". It's not good, but not great. Just ok. I really don't notice much of a difference when i apply it over or under my make-up. Im going to use it up just because i don't want to waste $14, but i won't rebuy.

Popular Primer/ Correctors